PDA

View Full Version : Kittens!

wolfsoul
03-06-2003, 09:10 PM
for those of you who havent read my post dibbed "Pregnant cat," my friend, ashley, had a pregnant cat. Well, yesterday, at 5:00 in the morning, Ozzy had her kittens! there are five of them. three tabbies, one grey with a white diamond on its forehead, and one torti....i had no idea that u could tell patterns and colours at this age....do u think the colours will change?

kimlovescats
03-06-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm no expert by any means ... but usually I think the patterns stay pretty true except for the exception of white kitties... sometimes they end up with color points and such later on!

Congrats on the new babies, I hope they all find loving, permanent homes!!!

wolfsoul
03-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Congrats on the new babies, I hope they all find loving, permanent homes!!!

i hope they find good homes too...but ashley is so picky...shes only giving them away to ppl she knows :rolleyes: and so far, none of her friends want a cat...so shes sorta desperate...i dont think its a bad thing to give them away to ppl she doesnt know well, but i have already told her NOT to give them to a shelter...atleast she completely agrees to that :)

Barbara
03-07-2003, 03:11 AM
Kittens should not be given away before they are 8 weeks old, so she still has 2 months.
The question may be how she can check people: the people from whom we got our cats asked many questions and both of them came to visit us after some weeks. I think that's ok -both parts should take it serious.

As to the patterns: they will stay. And after they open their eyes they will be cuter and funnier every day. Enjoy it:)

03-07-2003, 04:58 AM
As to the patterns , they won't change anymore . The lenght of the furr may change , the tail may get all fluffy too (my Inka's did !!)!
Congrats with these babies ! Can you post a picture PLEEZ ????

neko1
03-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Congrats on the kittens, we definately need some pictures!:)

HayleyRosie
03-07-2003, 06:07 AM
Congratulations on the new kittens! Pictures please!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-07-2003, 03:13 PM
I have to agree, pictures are mandatory in a case like this! ;) :D

wolfsoul
03-07-2003, 10:35 PM
lol, dont worry, ill definatly get some pics! ;) if i cant make it to my friends, she can probably borrow her dads or her grandmas cam and atleast send me the pics :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-08-2003, 01:41 AM
The kittens sound adorable but I also agree that we need pictures. :) I also hope that they all find forever homes. Please keep us updated.

Chibi_Star
03-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Heya

this is Ashley, Jordans friend, here are the pics. You cant see the kittens all that well cause their snuggling with mom -_^

wolfsoul
03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
hey ash....my mother took the rat back to the petshop....:(
oh well...atleast i still have frisco and icarus...but this little guy was special....

i dont see the pics :confused: and uhhh 43? whats with that? lol :confused:

Tina
03-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Congrats on the new kittens! They sound adorable:) I can't see a picture of them.:(

Chibi_Star
03-10-2003, 08:08 PM
or not....lol er...i shall have to figure how to get the pic working. sorry! 43 FISH lol

wolfsoul
03-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Chibi_Star
or not....lol er...i shall have to figure how to get the pic working. sorry! 43 FISH lol
YOU shall figure it out...geez dont give me credit lol...im only the one fixing it for u! :p it shall be ready in a few :D

wolfsoul
03-10-2003, 08:22 PM
k never mind...imagestation doesnt like ur pic ashley...its not letting me upload it...its a different kind than the pics i have :confused: i dunno...ahk...
can anyone on here help us?

moosmom
03-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Wolfsoul,

Here's some advice for your friend Ashley regarding finding homes for the kittens.

If she puts an ad in the paper, ALWAYS ask for an adoption fee. Why? It will discourage laboratories from trying to get free cats for research purposes. Laboratories won't pay for cats or kittens. They look for "Free to good home" ads. It will also discourage people from "whim" adopting. Also have them give you 3 references, including a veterinary phone number and name. This way she can check to see how they care for their other pets (if they have any). I also used to charge a little more and then promise them money back if they produce a spay/neuter certificate showing they had the cat fixed.

There are alot of whackjobs out there. If she wants to make sure they go to good homes, it's better to take the time to screen prospective owners.

Good luck and keep us posted.

wolfsoul
03-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Wolfsoul,

Here's some advice for your friend Ashley regarding finding homes for the kittens.

If she puts an ad in the paper, ALWAYS ask for an adoption fee. Why? It will discourage laboratories from trying to get free cats for research purposes. Laboratories won't pay for cats or kittens. They look for "Free to good home" ads. It will also discourage people from "whim" adopting. Also have them give you 3 references, including a veterinary phone number and name. This way she can check to see how they care for their other pets (if they have any). I also used to charge a little more and then promise them money back if they produce a spay/neuter certificate showing they had the cat fixed.

There are alot of whackjobs out there. If she wants to make sure they go to good homes, it's better to take the time to screen prospective owners.

Good luck and keep us posted.

thanx :) but i have a question...ppl always warn abot laboratories, but what if there arent any labs around here? there arent any in kelowna, except the one at the college, but they dont use kittens :confused:

Chibi_Star
03-10-2003, 09:00 PM
even so, lab ppl arent just going to stay in one area looking for animals, they probably get them from lots of places. i want my pics to work ;-;

hehehe i was snuggling with ozzy and watching the kittens and one of the kittens is so fat!! hehehe!! he's so adorable!!

Thanks for the info, but i think i want to give the kittens away to people i know will take good care of them. the whole newspaper thing makes me uneasy. i would hate to think that one of the kittens not going to someone who i KNOW will take care of them

-_^

moosmom
03-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Chibi_Star

I don't blame you for feeling uneasy about the newspaper thing. I've always placed my rescues with people that I knew or were referred to me by other people. I also placed alot of cats with people I worked with. I was very lucky.

Go with your instincts Ashley. Mine have never let me down. Hugs to the new mama and babies.

wolfsoul
03-10-2003, 09:06 PM
ashley, tell lissa to come on Pt too....im sure she would love to be evil lol :o ahhh remember when she drove prc into an uproar? :rolleyes:

All Creatures Great And Small
03-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
ashley, tell lissa to come on Pt too....im sure she would love to be evil lol :o ahhh remember when she drove prc into an uproar? :rolleyes: That's NOT what this board is for - you need to go back and look at the agreement you clicked on when you signed up.

Welcome to Pet Talk. This is a family-friendly community built for the discussion of pets, people, and all that goes into our relationships with the animals in our lives. Registration for this bulletin board is free. We do ask that you abide by the rules below. You must be over the age of 13 to register. If you agree to the terms, and are over 13, please press the Agree button at the end of the page.

Although the administrators and moderators of Pet Talk attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express only the views of the author, and the owners of Pet Talk will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Pet Talk have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. If you have a question about something you would like to post, but are unsure if it is appropriate, please email us at [email protected]

Pet Talk is for discussion of pets by people who love them. We try to keep it a friendly place, and hope you will enjoy being part of this community!

I also have a REEEEEEALY hard time believing you are 16 years old by the posts I have seen so far, and I would suggest that you get your mommy or daddy's permission to be on this website, as well as all your little friends whom you are inviting here to "be evil" and "get people in an uproar". We have more than enough of that on the board already.

wolfsoul
03-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
That's NOT what this board is for - you need to go back and look at the agreement you clicked on when you signed up.

I also have a REEEEEEALY hard time believing you are 16 years old by the posts I have seen so far, and I would suggest that you get your mommy or daddy's permission to be on this website, as well as all your little friends whom you are inviting here to "be evil" and "get people in an uproar". We have more than enough of that on the board already.

i was joking ;)...what lissa did has nothing to do with pt...and i never said she would get ppl in an uproar :confused: i was talking about what she did last year when ppl were making fun of her....when i said "evil" i was referring to a joke about lissa...she wouldnt be evil here...i was talking to ashley....i suggest that u ask me nicely about what i meant before u go making accusations...
and what does my age have to do with anything?

I also have a REEEEEEALY hard time believing you are 16 years old by the posts I have seen so far
whats that supposed to mean? and when did i tell u that im 16? i never said im 16, cuz im not 16....

All Creatures Great And Small
03-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Oh, according to your profile NOW you were born in October of 1987, so that would make you 15 years and 6 months old - so I overestimated a bit. The last time I checked your profile, it said you were born in 1986. Just keep turning back that clock......I'm sure you'll go in and change it again now. :rolleyes:

As far as asking you nicely, I don't have the patience to play games. I know what I read, in VERY simple English, and if there's anyone else on here that wants to interpret it differently for me, please do, so I know I'm not crazy.

What your age has to do with, is that Karen has a requirement that people be 13 or older to post on this board - this is a legal requirement, which is why she has it in the agreement that I reminded you of. If you are under 13, she will allow you to post, but she needs to call your parents and get their permission. Please don't jeopardize this board for all of us by playing games with the rules.

Nomilynn
03-11-2003, 10:53 PM
It might also be a good idea if you want to refer to private jokes between you and your friends, use the private message function. That is what it is for - a message thread like this isn't meant for banter back and forth that has nothing to do with the original topic.

I hope that doesn't sound mean, because I'm not trying to be. :)

2kitties
03-12-2003, 01:54 PM
I would love to see some photographs of these kittens. I have seen a 3 week old kitten, but never a newborn!

Chibi_Star
03-12-2003, 07:15 PM
there was really no need for what jordan said. i'm going to stay out of this with the exeption of one thing, jordan is 15, i dunno what went on with the 1986 (i think that was it) maybe it was a typo or something?

the kittens are great!

Sorry i havent posted any pics yet :( i keep trying but it wont work. i need to make the pics smaller, i promise i'll get them up ASAP. Ozzy's starting to leave the kittens now and coming up to snuggle with me when i'm laying in bed. I've been hesitant to touch the kittens before, but i've started to gradually start petting the kittens. they are soft and fat! hehehe Ozzy's a great mom for a cat so young and all, and i'm so proud of her, even though its cat instincts and all, but still! my little baby's growing up ;-; hehe

wolfsoul
03-12-2003, 09:27 PM
ahk...im going to explain what i meant now considering u dont believe me...whenever lissa goes on a new forum she likes to start off my telling everybody she is evil (for some reason she looooves to be evil :o ) but then after she is of course a total sweetheart :rolleyes: the uproar started when she said she was evil (very unconvincingly) and ppl made fun of her...that was all...she didnt even start it...i was joking with ashley...
and it never said 1986 :confused: unless it was a typo, but it had to have been a looong time ago cuz i dont remember fixing it :confused: im 15 years old, and im not under 13...i was born on october 16th 1987 :confused: if u really want proof, ill take pics of my birth certificate :rolleyes:
i dont have very great pics of me, but atleast i dont look under 13...ill be posting some more when i get a recharger anyways...im gonna get pics of ashley and i
:cool: not like she will willingly let me...:rolleyes:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p8affe7d51d27975464073b094c71d091/fc8345c2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p42def10f2f1e88fe1ef2e7cd88e90136/fc8345c5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/p13e5d205bba68448587b5a29000acfbf/fc8345c8.jpg

popcornbird
03-12-2003, 09:59 PM
I want to see the kittens! Wolfsoul, try this. Copy the pics your friend sent you and paste them in Paint. Save them in Paint as a JPG file. Then upload them. :) Just try and see if it works!

wolfsoul
03-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I want to see the kittens! Wolfsoul, try this. Copy the pics your friend sent you and paste them in Paint. Save them in Paint as a JPG file. Then upload them. :) Just try and see if it works!
paint! thats a great idea...i deleted the pic ashley sent me :( i didnt think i would need it :(
but ashleys stepbrother is a computer whiz, he helped her with her avatar, so im sure he could help her out :D ill tell ashley to get her stepbro to do this:) thanx!

Chibi_Star
03-12-2003, 10:50 PM
heeelllllooooo im right here!!

sorry! i've already tried paint and it kept messing up the colour every time i tried to save it. As for Matt i'm going to have to wait until he gets home, i havent seen him since...monday i think. lol and we live together!

hehe i can hear the kittens mewing right now, the box i made for her is in my room cause that seemed to be the room she was always in (mwhahaha) hehe they got the cutest mews (i only think that until they wake me up in the middle of the night

;) ) lol

ps hehehehehe nice pics jordan

tikeyas_mom
03-12-2003, 11:09 PM

What does her age have to do with anything. I am 16 she is 15 you are whatever it doesnt matter. WHO CARES. Some ppl are sarcastic and like to joke around *me being one of them* and wolfsoul was just joking around with a friend.. WOOPTYDO!! I dont care why should you or ne one.. Gosh you ppl sometimes. :rolleyes:

aly
03-13-2003, 01:12 AM
Age matters because people under 13 need permission from their parents to be on here.

Tikeya's_mom - lets try to stay out of this since it doesn't involve us. We want to keep this place as mature as possible, right? :)

wolf_Q
03-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

What does her age have to do with anything. I am 16 she is 15 you are whatever it doesnt matter. WHO CARES. Some ppl are sarcastic and like to joke around *me being one of them* and wolfsoul was just joking around with a friend.. WOOPTYDO!! I dont care why should you or ne one.. Gosh you ppl sometimes. :rolleyes:

Ok, sure, yeah, you're 16 right..whatever you say, I believe you, really I do. :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
03-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

Jeesh! You sure have gotten an attitude since your friend joined PT....

shais_mom
03-13-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Jeesh! You sure have gotten an attitude since your friend joined PT....
Age has EVERYTHING to do with it. If you aren't mature/old enough to understand how to care for a pet and be responsible for it we are gonna tell ya!! Cuz we are ALL FOR THE ANIMALS. Who cares about the hooomans?! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Ok, forget all this other stuff. I want to see the kittens!!!

How can you post how cute their meows are without some adorable pictures to go with.....

Quit trying to prove who's how old and for what reason and work on getting those pictures posted! ;) :)

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 11:06 AM
ya how old r u wolf_Q? you are acting like you are 13 years old with your sacrastic remarks. You arnt as mature as you try to rub off being.. ;)

tikeyas_mom
03-13-2003, 11:07 AM
posted by noahsmommy: Jeesh! You sure have gotten an attitude since your friend joined PT....

She joined first then I did.. Just thought I'd clear that up. :)

2kitties
03-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!

popcornbird
03-13-2003, 01:58 PM
She sure doesn't seem like 16, but then again, some kids mature late so I wouldn't deny she's 16. As for wolfsoul, from her pics, she looks much older than 13.

wolfsoul
03-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Age has EVERYTHING to do with it. If you aren't mature/old enough to understand how to care for a pet and be responsible for it we are gonna tell ya!! Cuz we are ALL FOR THE ANIMALS. Who cares about the hooomans?! ;)
lol...i sure dont care bout dem humans..
well said!:p

wolfsoul
03-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens!
lol...like kittens?

Chibi_Star
03-14-2003, 08:20 PM
okay...i hope this works...

wolfsoul
03-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Chibi_Star
okay...i hope this works...

Nope...it came up blank :confused:

wolfsoul
03-14-2003, 08:33 PM
Ashley! That's 13 times!! You've posted and deleted 13 times!! ahk lol...
I'm guessing that the pic isn't taking?

Chibi_Star
03-14-2003, 08:34 PM
nevermind, that didn't work either...i'll try again. the resilution is horrible but im desperate lol

wolfsoul
03-14-2003, 08:35 PM
yay! piccy! Now everyone can see the beautifullness of Ozzy's babies!

Chibi_Star
03-14-2003, 08:36 PM
YES!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!

Chibi_Star
03-14-2003, 08:37 PM
oaky last one ^-^

wolfsoul
03-14-2003, 09:13 PM
ok ashley, here's the first one...I finally figured out how to get this pic into a different format to upload it onto imagestation..
Sorry, but I had to edit her eyes...They were glazed over and Morgan said she looked dead :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid55/pc3bc5f99265f42eea347b74765c7ab9c/fc813ac3.jpg

JRTLover
03-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey my cat Squirt had her kittens 9 days ago they will be opening there eyes ether tonite or tommorrow and it was a blast watching her carry them from the welping box into the closet then back into the box then BACK to the closet

are you keeping any of the kittens??
do they have names yet??

Our cats and kittens have names there is Whisper(father)Squirt(mother)Hazel(firstborn)Phant om(secondborn)Blackberry(thirdborn)Steal(forthborn )

She had four and is a first time mother!!!!!

She hates being a mom:mad: and she hates having to clean them

well if you need to know anything about raising kittens im here

BYE

kimlovescats
03-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Ohhhhhh, the babies are precious .... I'm very partial to tabbies ... purrticularly brown ones!!!! Keep those pics coming now that you've got it figured out!!! ;) :D

Chibi_Star
03-14-2003, 10:39 PM
a little late jordan -___-; oh well. I think ozzy doesnt like being a mom either, but she sure gives me a laugh. everytime im doing my homework on my bed she'll jump up, lays on my homework and expects me to pet her, which i do cause i didn't get to spend much time with her after the babies were born. so i'll pet her for a little while until her babies start to cry, and its the funniest thing! she lets out like a moan/growl sort of like omg!, then jumps off the bed and runs to her kittens! hehehehehehehe i think its the cutest thing cause it reminds me of my mom after she had my brother, every time he cried she'd groan. hehehe

the babies havent opened their eyes yet ;-; Ozzy seems to take every possible moment to get away from the babies to spend time with me.

I think my mom has got homes for all the kittens, but i also think she's seriously considering keeping one. she said if we get rid of ozzy we can keep a kitten. i laughed and said ya right.

My mom isn't an animal person, but i think the kittens captured her heart ~_^ hehe, i hope we get to keep at least one, but even now my moms still thinking of getting rid of ozzy. I feel so bad for Pif though, cause she cant come into my room anymore and i know she wants to. i can hear her come to my door and start to cry. it breaks my heart, but i try to spend as much time with her as i can. i'll try and get a pic of her. Pif's a really pretty kitty. hehe like Ozzy, she was given to us by a desperate person who needed to get rid of the kittens.

whoa, that was long, but i guess when ya start talking about your pets its hard to stop hehe

wolfsoul
03-15-2003, 01:43 PM
She's not Pif, she's Fifi! Common, Ashley, get it straight :rolleyes: lol jk

Chibi_Star
03-19-2003, 04:06 PM
ya! she my pif! not fifi :p the babies opened their eyes all the way today!! there so cute!! hehe the light grey one id soooo fuzzy. Ozzy's doing great, she's taking really good care of her babies ^-^

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Ashley, start a new post and tell people that the kittnes have opened their eyes...Ithink people are done looking at this one lol...It's a little old :rolleyes:
And she's Fifi, I tell you! FIFI!! :p

Chibi_Star
03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
hey i like this thread ;-; hehe its so adorable, whenever i hold one of the kittens in my hands i show the kitten to ozz to show her im not hurting her baby and she nuzzles the baby's and licks my hand. hehe i love those kind of precious moments you have with your animals ^-^

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Post a new thread lol...
Do you like my new siggy? Timber and I are a couple of fools, eh? lol

ps I replied to your pm..

bluekat
03-19-2003, 04:20 PM
The kittens are just adorable! i saw a solid white one before with a grey diamond on their foreheads! i love those diamonds!
and oh yeah, Congrats on the babies!

Chibi_Star
03-19-2003, 04:30 PM
aww i would have loved it if ozz had a white on like that, but all hers were grey or calico. still cute though ^-^ hehe i love the sig. Cats used to be worshipped as gods and all. heheh i got a kick outta that. that is soooo pif hehe

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 04:32 PM
I thought you said they were tortis, not calicos :confused:

Chibi_Star
03-19-2003, 04:33 PM
well now they look more calico than tortis :p

wolfsoul
03-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Pucha! lol
if you go onto the cat breed section you can look at posts where it will say "post your tortis here" and "post your calicos here" and you can compare ;)