PDA

View Full Version : Arg -- Bush!!

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Damn you Bush! He has taken over 90% of our channels, I'm sure he has important stuff to say but he REALLY doesn't need to take over all the channels..if you wanna watch it you can but I mean I ALWAYS watch survivor and I know this is stupid but I really am annoyed I can't watch it..it looked like a good one..Sorry had to vent..

CountryWolf07
03-06-2003, 07:23 PM
I'm with you! I was mad that Bush took over almost every channel on our tv here.. ugh.. I HATE it.. Actually.. I don't pay attention to anything now anymore.

Kfamr
03-06-2003, 07:27 PM
i'd see taking over the channels in the US but in canada too?? how stupid. Hehe, a reason i harfly watch tv :)

primabella
03-06-2003, 07:40 PM
i harfly watch tv too ;) (couldn't resist, its just so funny when you say it out loud :p)

i know. i actually hate survivor so i don't mind but he takes over all of tv, so we can't watch whatever. sometimes i just wanna escape all this bad news but i can't cause mr.bush has to be everywhere :rolleyes:

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 07:51 PM
i'd see taking over the channels in the US but in canada too?? how stupid. Hehe, a reason i harfly watch tv

I know..lol, but we'd be a part of it too if they go to war..for some part anyway. I don't watch much TV either which is why it pisses me off cause this is actually what I look forward to all week..

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 07:55 PM
YES, he shut up! And Survivors on! Whoot! I guess I'm glad I didn't ask Prima what happened :rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-06-2003, 08:30 PM
OMG this thread just cracks me up! We were just talking about Survivor! Then I come here, lol. I too watch it EVERY thursday. :D It is me and my hubbies "show" We have watched all of them together besides the very first one. :p Yes we are addicted!

primabella
03-06-2003, 08:33 PM
I guess I'm glad I didn't ask Prima what happened

it wouldn't have done you any good. i didn't watch it :rolleyes:

luckies4me
03-06-2003, 08:40 PM
That's ok cuz I would have. hehe

Karen
03-06-2003, 08:42 PM
I am sad that you do not think the fate of the world and your and all of our futures, which very well may hang in the balance of the situation in the Middle East, are less importnat than a TV show.

Sigh.

This is the history your future children may someday be studying, doncha wanna at least pay attention to some of it?

luckies4me
03-06-2003, 08:44 PM
I watched it. :) Survivor doesn't start until later so it's all good for me.

iceyshiver21
03-06-2003, 10:31 PM
I love the fact that I turn the channels and see news all over because otherwise i missed it :( I love politics, im a mastermind, usally when it comes to them but i avoid the convos on here about them.

Logan
03-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Seems like to me that as opinionated as many have been about the whole world situation lately, that everyone would have been wanting to hear what he had to say tonight. I'm going to have to read about it because we had a family emergency today that kept me away from the tv. I know I'm older than most of you who commented on this, and I don't usually watch much television, but there was a reason for him to be available to viewers tonight on as many stations as possible, and each of those stations made the decision to cover it, not President Bush. If I had been at home, and not at the hospital, I would have been watching.

micki76
03-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Seems like to me that as opinionated as many have been about the whole world situation lately, that everyone would have been wanting to hear what he had to say tonight. I'm going to have to read about it because we had a family emergency today that kept me away from the tv. I know I'm older than most of you who commented on this, and I don't usually watch much television, but there was a reason for him to be available to viewers tonight on as many stations as possible, and each of those stations made the decision to cover it, not President Bush. If I had been at home, and not at the hospital, I would have been watching.

I hope everything is ok.

lovemyshiba
03-06-2003, 10:52 PM
I hope everything is ok too Logan.
I did not watch anything, because I was at work, but I did catch the news tonight.

Logan
03-06-2003, 11:29 PM
My stepson (hate calling him my stepson......he's Scott's son and my new son), Andrew, who is 8 years old, had an emergency appendectomy this afternoon. Pretty scary stuff for a little boy. He came through his surgery like a champ and although he will be in pain for a while, they expect him to have a quick, full recovery. Hopefully, he will be released from the hospital tomorrow. Thanks for caring.

Logan :)
who can't sleep......Scott's at the hospital for the night

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Logan
who can't sleep......Scott's at the hospital for the night
I sent you an email about Andrew...poor little guy. :(

I can't sleep yet either....David JUST left work and that's all the way in L.A. I hate that....

Do you think you'll get to sleep tonight Logan?

Ann
03-07-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I am sad that you do not think the fate of the world and your and all of our futures, which very well may hang in the balance of the situation in the Middle East, are less importnat than a TV show.

Well said Karen. I've been reading his speech online for a while now since it wasn't really aired much on Swedish television.

03-07-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Karen

I realize that what you say is true ; but this is going on for weeks now . Every news on tv is filled with it . No more time for some happy news . I know our future may change a lot , but I've really had enough of it .

slleipnir
03-07-2003, 06:37 AM
it wouldn't have done you any good. i didn't watch it

lol, sorry! My bad, thought you said something about it ;D

And yes, but all he was talking about was 'they could go to war' it was nothing different then you see any other time. I could see if they were going to war, yes. But I've heard all this before. They really didn't need it on all the channels.