PDA

View Full Version : Prom dresses

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 06:03 PM
-sigh- I had to starting looking for a prom dress, I finally decided I would go, alteast for a little bit. I like NEVER wear dresses so its so weird. I don't really like em to tell you the truth..I like my normal clothes lol. Anyway, I found this nice one thats green (goes with my eyes) and fades lighter in the bottom with crossing straps on the back..only its a little short in the chest area which i dont really like..not use to it (its not abnormally short or anything, but for someone not use to it..) ANYWAY, the fun part, the price. Its 265 bucks!!! But 40% off which is the only reason I thought about getting it..I couldn't pay 200 bucks for it..There were other ones there for like 400-500..i was like wow, ppl wear these things?! I'm so nervous about it (not right now but I will be) thinking everyone will think im a freak or something lmao. I'm so weird aren't I?

Nomilynn
03-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Mine was $250 I think, and the shoes were $100 and my purse was $57. It's a once in a lifetime chance.. if you can afford it, DO IT! And have fun! :)

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 06:07 PM
My dad doesn't mind paying IF I wear it and all that..but I like always avoid stuff like this and prob haven't wore a dress for like..how many years? I can't even count :rolleyes:

neko1
03-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Wait till you have to buy a wedding dress!! Talk about expensive for something you only wear once!!!

HoRsELUvR
03-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Have fun at your prom!your dress sounds very nice!

marysmerrycats
03-06-2003, 07:23 PM
I hope you do go and have fun at the prom:)
I have seen the prom dresses in the stores, and they are all so pretty! I have been thinking for a couple years how (sorry to the younger people!) ugly the clothing styles are, so it was a nice surprise to see the style of dresses were actually very pretty!

:rolleyes: :)

Kfamr
03-06-2003, 07:43 PM
i hate dresses lol. I ALWAYS wear hoodies even in the summer LOL.:D

primabella
03-06-2003, 07:46 PM
oh, your prom is comming up! how exciting! my sister had her prom last year and mine is comming up next year. i'm nervous about getting a dress. i don't like dresses either, so wearing one is gonna be a pain in the ass

my sisters dress was a bergendy (sp?) red and was sleevless. it was simple but very nice. she paid 335$ for it but it fit her very niceley. she went dress-shopping and the first store and first dress she tried on was the perfect one for her.

good luck :) are you getting picked up in a limo?

slleipnir
03-06-2003, 07:49 PM
are you getting picked up in a limo?

Not sure yet :] My friends were talking about splitting it up and going in one, but haven't heard anymore about it lol

boscibo
03-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Wait till you have to buy a wedding dress!! Talk about expensive for something you only wear once!!!

Or bridesmaid dresses! Contrary to what I was told, I have never worn any of my bridesmaid dresses again.

Prom was fun, I got a great dress (never wore it again), but I had it for years after. I just got rid of it a few years ago, after moving with it a million time, I just couldn't keep it anymore.

lovemyshiba
03-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I actually did well with my wedding dress, and bought all of my accessories (veil, tiara, etc) off of ebay.
I bought a dress for my junior prom, but for my senior prom which I did not have a date to, I wore a dress of my friend's that she had paid $12.99 for at a secondhand store--can't beat that price!!!
But go, wear the dress, do all of the fun stuff--you only go to one or two proms in your life--enjoy them:D

wolf_Q
03-07-2003, 02:04 AM
Hope you have a good time at your Prom! :D

I didn't go....erm....to ANY high school dances for that matter! :cool: lol

I hate dresses...:eek: Oh, and no, I didn't wear my bridesmaid dress ever again either.

Nomilynn
03-07-2003, 02:16 AM
I saw my dress in a bridal shop window and knew immediatly it was the one I wanted. I even knew at that moment how I would wear my hair and everything. Apparently my hair looked good, because two years after grad someone I dind't even know was at a party and she came up to me and said "Oh my God you were the one with the hair at grad it looked so good!!" I was like, "umm.. thanks.." I wore the sides pulled back and I had it all curled. I had JUST dyed it too (yes, I used to dye my hair) so it looked like a gold waterfall. It came out SO perfect. I don't like wearing dresses either but I felt like a princess on grad night.

Also, we didn't bother with a limo either. Instead we rented one of those 15 passenger cube vans. It ended up being like $15 a person (which included buying a gift for the mom who volunteered to drive us) and it was SO much fun because we got to have more friends in the van with us. Just a thought for a cheaper alternative :)

Brie
03-07-2003, 03:17 AM
If I could go back to high school and do it over again I would. I took early graduation, completing all of my high school requirements by the time I was 16. I wanted out so bad!!

The one thing I do regret is missing out on things like prom and graduation, those HUGE miles stones in american culture for teenage youth.

I feel like I missed out on some big joke by not getting to go. My friends now will bring out their dresses, still hanging up in their closests or bring out pictures 'oh, remember when...' yeah, not really...

Enjoy it. Several years after you've finished high and are in college or even out of college you'll sit down and look at the pictures or think about something very special and you'll be glad you did it.

Most of my friends think I'm crazy, sometimes I too think I'm crazy, 'go back and do high school again... are you nuts!' Just to have the memories of walking across the stage or getting all dressed up from prom, being able to have those memories, yeah, I'll do high school again. Honestly, what time I was there, I had a lot of fun! I guess I must be a little crazy.

slleipnir
03-07-2003, 06:43 AM
I didn't go....erm....to ANY high school dances for that matter! lol

lol, I haven't went to any high school dances either, I really don't like them, and I really don't like dresses either..but, I figure theres not gonna be another one lo might as well..

Dakota's Mommy
03-07-2003, 07:54 AM
I personally went to 4 proms, 6 homecomings, and 2 winter formals (my boyfriends, including my now husband, went to a different school than me plus I went to 2 schools in high school - half a day at each - for a Accounting & Computer Technology Program that we could take). So, here are all of the prom dresses that I wore, I never paid over $100 for any of them!

Brian's Junior Prom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p3525ef64c328b11cba7f4955d7852f43/fd31be67.jpg

Brian's Senior Prom (Velvety dress)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p8a94f7ffb611d2fdd216a638ad47dda0/fd31be37.jpg

My Van Buren Senior Prom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p0a1bbe8e74f7b3494adfa6fd6a01d301/fccd6162.jpg

My Findlay Senior Prom
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pd8dc5c98248555a42f23d340424e68a2/fccd6157.jpg

Feel free to check out my other school dresses at my Homecoming & Prom album on Imagestation:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291279377