PDA

View Full Version : Its a GIRL!!!!

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 04:59 PM
I am THRILLED!!!! My husband's sister is pregnant and is due on July 23. And she's having a GIRL!!! I'm so excited! I'm going to be an auntie!!! :D :D :D

boscibo
03-06-2003, 05:14 PM
How exciting, congratulations. You're lucky you know the gender already. My brother and his wife have 3 kids (had the latest in Dec.) and they never want to know if it's a boy or girl until the baby is born. I guess they like surprises, but it makes it harder for me to buy stuff. So I buy gender-neutral things.

wolflady
03-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Congratulations! You're going to make a great aunt! :) The nice thing about that is you can love 'em, and spoil 'em, then give 'em back to their parents! ;) :p LOL LOL
That is nice that they found out beforehand what they were having. My sister didn't, so boscibo is right...that makes it kinda hard to buy stuff.
A little girl! Yay! That should be fun for you! :)
Hugs to the new aunt, and congrats to your brother and sister-in-law! :D

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks! :)

Actually, I'm giving her her shower, so I REALLY wanted to know. That, and Old Navy and The Gap have the CUTEST baby clothes, but they aren't gender non-specific. So, this really helps....

I'm off to Old Navy after work! Yay! :)

This is a really special pregnancy, she lost her first one at almost three months. :(

The baby's name is going to be Isabella August. Cute huh?

Cookiebaker
03-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Congratulations Noah's Mommy!!! That IS so exciting!! I am going to be an Auntie somewhere around June 15, but I won't know what it will be until they make their arrival. I can't wait!!! :D

iceyshiver21
03-06-2003, 05:35 PM
YAH!! Congrats on being an AUNT!!

primabella
03-06-2003, 07:48 PM
congrats noahsmommy :) you'll make a great aunt!

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-06-2003, 08:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! KELLY!!!!

http://www.nicknetwork.darkfiles.net/~mysmilies/kao/msroom/gomen.gif

Being an aunt is so much !!! I am so excited for your family!!!

gini
03-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Congratulations! Oh, being an Auntie is just the best. In fact, I was with my two little nieces last night and I always leave their home with a very warm glow!

Unasked for advice............a good friend's daughter is expecting her first child in April. It is also a girl. Their family had a shower for her and she comes from a very large family - everyone attended. That little baby girl is going to be so well dressed that she will have to change clothes every day for the first nine months! After that............she has nothing to wear! It is so hard to resist the cute little things........I know, I bought some too!
Mom is busy before the baby is born taking some of the outfits back to exchange for larger sizes. Just a thought..............

Karen
03-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Congratulations on your impending aunt-hood! Some very special people to me have birthdays near that date - maybe she'll land on one of them! :) It is very fun, but be sure she doesn't get EVERYTHING pink - I know two couples whose ultrasound "gender" guesses turned out to be wrong!

Rocky'smomma
03-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Yay!! How exciting!! Congrats Auntie!!!!:D

luckies4me
03-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Yay! Congrats!

I remember when I became an aunt, it was a great feeling! Even better when you become a mother. ;)

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by gini
Unasked for advice............a good friend's daughter is expecting her first child in April. It is also a girl. Their family had a shower for her and she comes from a very large family - everyone attended. That little baby girl is going to be so well dressed that she will have to change clothes every day for the first nine months! After that............she has nothing to wear! It is so hard to resist the cute little things........I know, I bought some too!
Mom is busy before the baby is born taking some of the outfits back to exchange for larger sizes. Just a thought..............
I thought about that...great advice. When I went to Old Navy, I bought stuff for 3-6 and 6-12 month old. WAY cute stuff....I just love baby shopping. In fact, your advice gave me an idea...what if I had people get clothes for certain ages at the shower. Like, Mary and Sally get 0-3 months, Jane and Sue get 3-6, etc. Do you think that would be tacky??

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Congratulations on your impending aunt-hood! Some very special people to me have birthdays near that date - maybe she'll land on one of them! :) It is very fun, but be sure she doesn't get EVERYTHING pink - I know two couples whose ultrasound "gender" guesses turned out to be wrong!
This was a concern for me...you really never know. When I got back to my desk from lunch and my doctors appointment, my co-worker made a banner that said "It's a Girl!!". So I called and made SURE they could tell and weren't defaulting to "girl" because they weren't sure. Yep, their SURE! ;)

gini
03-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

idea...what if I had people get clothes for certain ages at the shower. Like, Mary and Sally get 0-3 months, Jane and Sue get 3-6, etc. Do you think that would be tacky??

At this shower, I don't know what all of the relatives were thinking......even the Great Grandmother bought little outfits. I think when you go to the stores you just get caught up in all of the darling clothes they have for little girls. Everyone gave her two and three per gift - it became funny after a while.

You could suggest that your sis-in-law register at Baby's R Us(also on-line) and be specific in her wishes for the various age sizes. Somehow you could "suggest" to people that you are worried...because you heard about this shower (from me) and you hope the baby receives things it can wear later on.

My youngest niece is two and whenever I ask what she needs, I get a chorus response from my brother and sis......PAJAMAS!
What!! You mean she doesn't wear that cute dress I bought her to bed?;) ;)

boscibo
03-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I thought about that...great advice. When I went to Old Navy, I bought stuff for 3-6 and 6-12 month old. WAY cute stuff....I just love baby shopping. In fact, your advice gave me an idea...what if I had people get clothes for certain ages at the shower. Like, Mary and Sally get 0-3 months, Jane and Sue get 3-6, etc. Do you think that would be tacky??

I think it's a good idea, and also with diapers. I know I made my sister-in-law's day when I bought the next step up from newborn-sized diapers. Lots of people buy newborn-sized stuff, but those babies don't stay that size for very long!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Congratulations, Kelly! How exciting!!! My neighbor is preganet with twins, and their neighbors already have 2 twin boys! How wierd is that?!?! Again, congratulations!:) ;)

Logan
03-06-2003, 10:20 PM
What exciting news, Kelly!! :) My only niece, who I was like a second mother to when she was born, turned 18 on Monday! I can hardly believe it!! When Helen's dad and I got married, my sister was 8 months pregnant with Emily. And now, she will be entering college in the fall!! Time flies, so enjoy it!!!! :)

lovemyshiba
03-06-2003, 10:45 PM
congrats on your impending aunt-hood--how exciting!!!
My cousin is due in July, and they are supposed to find out the gender some time this month--I can't wait to find out!!!

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
congrats on your impending aunt-hood--how exciting!!!
My cousin is due in July, and they are supposed to find out the gender some time this month--I can't wait to find out!!!
Congrats to you as well! :)

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 11:01 PM
OK, I had to share....here is what I bought today:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pa06b15200d131c44989b6a0606c95385/fc8abf05.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid54/pd6db64c84735b102cc0f745a94994223/fc8abeeb.jpg

Dakota's Mommy
03-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Oh, congrats! Sounds like you're going to be a great aunt. Especially since the babies not born yet and you're already spoiling her! Enjoy the new addition and congrats again!

anna_66
03-07-2003, 08:35 AM
Congrats to you and your sister-in-law!!!

NoahsMommy
03-07-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
Especially since the babies not born yet and you're already spoiling her!
As soon as she told us she was pregnant (at Thanksgiving), I've been looking at baby stuff. :)

We sent her one of those "Willow" carved statues of a pregnant woman. It was really neat. I just got her a journal for the baby, so she can write to her each month. I'm having too much fun...you'd think it was my baby! :) Can't wait!!!

popcornbird
03-07-2003, 05:12 PM
I'm sure you're excited! Congrats!!!!

RogueFerret
03-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Congratulations!!

Them are the cutest clothes! I love the little pink hooded shirt! She is going to be spoiled rotten. Have fun being an aunt!

weiner_teddy
03-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Cool! Congratulations on becoming an aunt soon, I am an aunt twice!! :D :D