PDA

View Full Version : He FINALLY got back to me...what a joke!!

NoahsMommy
03-05-2003, 07:17 PM
I got this message at 10:24 a.m. TODAY!!!!! :mad:

You should have a follow up soon. We'll discuss how to approach this and what tests need to be done at that time.

*Doctors Name*

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 6:21 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com
Subject: Kelly Cotte

Hi Dr. Klein,

Thanks for the info on the NuLev. It turns out that you did prescribe Levsin for me. Thanks. If it only worked a little for me, should I forget this as a solution? I would love to be able to just take a pill and be all better.

I was curious about when I should start eating my regular foods again. Not that I mind Jello and Chicken broth…

I was also curious about when I needed to get the colonoscopy done. Do I need to set up an appointment for that?

Thanks again!

Take care,

Kelly

Fuzzy317
03-05-2003, 07:22 PM
That was kind of long on the reply time, and the message is so plain and bland, I would suspect its either a default message, or was sent by someone for the doctor.

NoahsMommy
03-05-2003, 07:26 PM
You'd think so huh? But not the case...this is how he is. Notice that he doesn't answer my question about the food....I'd be having chicken broth and Jell-o for over a week now...nice.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-05-2003, 07:38 PM
That really stinks!
I could not have held back for so long.. What is the deal why is it taking him so long to give you a specific answer.. the message he left gives no information at all... *your doctor is weird* :rolleyes:

Logan
03-05-2003, 07:49 PM
Kelly, is there any opportunity for you to see someone else? I think I would be inclined to do that! And do it soon!!! :)

NoahsMommy
03-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Kelly, is there any opportunity for you to see someone else? I think I would be inclined to do that! And do it soon!!! :)
Logan,
I have an appointment tomorrow with a GI. I wrote Dr. Klein off on Saturday after no email.

:)

Logan
03-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Good for you! :) I'm glad you were proactive.

COCatMama
03-05-2003, 07:59 PM
Even MD's can be stupid :(

Ann
03-06-2003, 06:28 AM
*shakes head* What an ass... Like I said before; some people just shouldn't be allowed to be doctors.

Hope you have better luck with your new doctor tomorrow.

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Thanks Ann! :) My appointment is in a little over an hour and I'm nervous....I hate this part.

Russian Blue
03-06-2003, 11:03 AM
Don't be nervous. You will be seeing a better medical professional and finally on your way to getting some answers.

Stay positive!!

;)

batgirl1980
03-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Well I hope the appointment went okay.
Mozart, Bach, and Eliza said they know the feeling!

I'm praying you got all good news and all the answers you needed and wanted.

slick
03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
How did the Dr's appt go?? Is everything OK?

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm back! :)

I really, really like this doctor...even my mom approves. ;)

I had a blood test and they are looking for lots and lots of things to indicate what is going on. I also made an appointment at the hospital for a barium x-ray for Tuesday morning.

This is the first step. If the doctor can pin point what it is, we'll treat it. If not, I get that test where they'll go down my throat to look in the upper part of my stomach. Again, if this shows what is wrong, we'll stop and treat. If not, the colonoscope is next.

I have a ton of faith in this doctor, I'm so glad I made this appointment.

Please continue to pray for me. He said he hoped it wasn't Crohn's Disease....me too. He's checking for IBD, Crohn's and a few others. I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks! :)

wolflady
03-06-2003, 04:59 PM
{{{Kelly}}}
That is so rude about your other doctor. I can just feel his empathy eminating from that email....NOT!:rolleyes:

I am so glad that you went ahead and made that appointment with the GI and am happy to hear that he was good! I was wondering what time your appointment was, so I came here to check and lo and behold you had already been! That's good news!
The sooner he can diagnose what's going on, the better! I'm still praying for ya girl!

**hugs**
Karen

slick
03-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I'm soo happy that you trust this doctor. At least he has a plan of attack! Good news. I will continue to pray that it's nothing serious.

I've had a barium xray before...not very comfortable but bearable. Just make sure you go right home afterwards and stay close to the bathroom. I made the mistake of coming back to work....bad mistake.

Take care.

NoahsMommy
03-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by slick
I've had a barium xray before...not very comfortable but bearable.
Did you an upper or lower??? Mine is the upper, where I get to drink lots of *yummy* pink stuff.