PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Angel. *cry*

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 05:27 PM
Doday @ 1:00 pm my little Angel, *an angora dwarf* got killed by my dog Tikeya *my sierian husky* ...

I went to properly dispose of one of Cuddles(my hamster that just had babies) pups because it had died and I guess I never shut the door to my room all the way and Angel was loose. Tikeya went after her and gave her a heart attack. :( I am soo dipressed right now I cryed for like 2 hours.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p1b829d9a78bb826926e97c0ffb4179f3/fc955217.jpg RIP my little Angel. *cry* :(

I feel soo guilty for ever getting her. She was just getting used to me. I miss her so much. I am crying right now. I remeber when she would goto sleep when I would sing a lalby. *cry* I hate this I wish I had propely shut my door.. :(.. I love her so much. I held her for like an hour after she died. omg:(

Karen
03-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Very sorry for your loss. Poor Angel bunny will be an actual angel now.

My very first dog was a high-prey-drive Shepherd, who killed my friend Beth's bunny with one shake when we were 5 years old. She just killed it, and put it down. I felt very bad, but our parents explained everything kindly to us, and we never let a small animal pet out when Sheba was around ever again.

Concentrate your love on Tikeya for now.

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 05:35 PM
I cant even look @ Tikeya. She killed my rabbit. She is stupid. *cry* I hate this, I loved my rabbit with all my heart and soul I never thought it would come to this. *cry* .

Aspen and Misty
03-05-2003, 05:46 PM
I feel so bad. I don't know what I would do if my baby boy ever got hurt, hugs to you. I do hope that you understand it wasn't your fault.

Ash

Karen
03-05-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
I cant even look @ Tikeya. She killed my rabbit. She is stupid. *cry* I hate this, I loved my rabbit with all my heart and soul I never thought it would come to this. *cry* .

Tikeya is NOT stupid. She is a DOG, and was following her natural instincts. Do NOT be angry at her, it was NOT her fault. You are feeling sad, I understand that, and what better place to cry than on a furry friend like Tikeya?

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 05:54 PM
It was my fault and I cant help but think it is because I left my door open like an idiot. I cant believe this is happening to me.. *cry*

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Tikeya killed my rabbit. I cant even look at her nor talk to her. She hurt me so bad today. I know she is a dog but I didnt think it would come to this. I dont want to cry on the sholder of the dog that caused me to feel like this.

Karen
03-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Okay, but promise me you WILL forgive her, and yourself. It's nothing that you meant to happen, or she meant to happen, and it is done now. Cry, but forgive.

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 06:14 PM
*cry* I miss her so much though, I dont want her to leave me. She is my baby gurl. I love her so much :(

popcornbird
03-05-2003, 06:40 PM
OMG! You just got your bunny! :(:(:( "cries" Is this the same dog that bit your bird? This is awful. :( PLEASE keep this dog AWAY from your little pets. :( I can't even imagine how you are feeling. That's why I would never get a cat right now, despite how much I love them. I love my birds far too much to bring a danger for them in the house. :( Poor baby bunny! :( I'm really crying right now. I was so happy when you got your bunny! :( RIP Sweet bunny. Don't punish your dog but let her know she DID something wrong.

Jessica12345
03-05-2003, 06:42 PM
ooo! im so sorry!!! :( poor baby. *tears* i cant beleive this! *HUGS*

please! find it in your heart to forgive tykia. she is a dog. what would you do if somthing killed tykia? you never know what could happen! cherish her and love her! im so sorry this is happening,

it was an accident.

hope you feel better soon. im so sorry again..:( take care.

~ Jess ~

RockyRoad
03-05-2003, 06:53 PM
Oh no!! Poor Angel, I am so sorry. R.I.P. sweet Angel.
It hurt me that you called your dog stupid. I agree with anyone who has posted here, she was a dog, and she was just doing what her instincts told her. Please find it in your heart to forgive Tikeya. :( And you are not an idiot. It was an accident, even though it was a fatal one. You loved her, and never meant to hurt her.:(
I am so sorry you lost Angel. I remember how hard you tried to convince your dad to get her, and when you finally did, she did not trust you. You worked so hard to gain her trust and respect. You were a real mom to her.
Now she is a real angel flying high above on the RB. R.I.P. Angel baby.
You will be in our prayers,
Britt and the furkids

slick
03-05-2003, 06:57 PM
I wish there was something we could say to ease your pain. I understand that you would feel guilty but please remember, we are only human and mistakes happen. I'm sure your little Angel has forgiven you so now you must forgive yourself and Tikeya. Angel is waiting for you at the RB and someday you will meet again. I pray that God will speed your healing!

moosmom
03-05-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Tiikeyas_mom.

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 07:28 PM
I am crying right now. I just am so mad @ tikeya right now. I lost 2 pets today. A baby hamstert and Angel. This is the worst day of my life .... I miss her so much. She finally let me hold her and kiss her and God I Cant hold back the tears.

RockyRoad
03-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Don't try to hold them back. It'll only hurt worse when you bottle it up (not saying you were). Just cry. Remember all the great times you had, look at pics, etc. I find that is the best method to get over a loss of a pet, but yours might be different.
Remember, we're always here for you. PM me anytime if you need to talk.
Britt

tikeyas_mom
03-05-2003, 07:43 PM
i never did punish her. I just cry..

Tina
03-05-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your bunny Angel:( May she rest in peace. Please try not to be mad at Tikeya to long. And it was not your fault what happened. I just hope you can forgive Tikeya and yourself.

wolf_Q
03-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
PLEASE don't punish the dog, but DO let her know what she did was WRONG. Dogs are very intelligent and she'll understand you are mad at her. Just let her know what she did was awful, but please don't punsh her.

No, she is not going to understand what she did wrong. I'm not sure how you mean for her to do this without punishing the dog. There is nothing you can do now. The dog was being...a dog. It is not the dog's fault. Huskies especially have a very high prey drive.

I'm very sorry about your sweet Angel bunny. She was adorable. :( Please keep your small animals away from the dog. I can understand why you are mad at Tikeya, but I hope you find it in your heart to forgive her.

wolfsoul
03-05-2003, 10:32 PM
oh no!!! thats terrible! im sooo sorry :( poor little girl...

micki76
03-05-2003, 10:32 PM
I can't even have small animals with Chester and Millie. They're terriers and terriers are mostly bred for ratting and such. :( Don't punish the dog, she won't learn, it's simply who and what she is. I'm so sorry about your Angel bunny. :(

shais_mom
03-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
:(

I would be mad at the dog if I were you also. I know its her prey drive, but when you lose a pet especially in such circumstances, its hard to keep your emotions inside. Poor baby rabbit. :( She was one of the cutest buns I've seen. :(L( RIP sweet Angel. :( Angel knows its not her mommies fault. PLEASE don't punish the dog, but DO let her know what she did was WRONG. Dogs are very intelligent and she'll understand you are mad at her. Just let her know what she did was awful, but please don't punsh her. She's a dog and that's how dogs, especially huskies are. :(
If you can't let Tikeya know what she did was wrong right after she did it, don't bother now. But I think that you did. She has no concept of time and doesn't understand that "oh I did something really bad yesterday and that is why mom is mad at me".
I am very sorry about your bunny, she was beautiful.
PCB- I know you are a very intelligent person, but suffice it to say, you are off base here. Since you have not had a relationship with a dog, you don't understand the love and loyalty a dog gives you. If she continues to be mad at the dog, and treat her differently, she may very well ruin the relationship she has with Tikeya for the rest of her life. Dogs forgive but they don't forget. Just ask anyone that has a dog that cowers when a hand is raised in innocence.
Tikeya's mom, I am not saying you are abusing Tikeya, I am just using that as an example.

aly
03-06-2003, 02:11 AM
Dogs have an association time of 3-5 seconds. If you are going to reward or correct them for a behavior, it has to be within 5 seconds or less of them doing the behavior. Otherwise, it is a lost cause. If you hold grudges and act mad to a dog, they will not know what is wrong and you will just emotionally damage the dog.

jenluckenbach
03-06-2003, 06:21 AM
I am very sorry about your loss. We all understand that you are angry not only at your dog but at yourself, but please try not to be too hard on either one of you. The dog really does not know that it was wrong and you did not mean to let the door open. It was a mistake in judgement. It happens to us all. When I was young and had rabbits, I thought my cat would like to see the baby rabbits so I lifted her to the open cage and she grabbed one. It was a terrible thing, and I learned a hard but valuable lesson.

Logan
03-06-2003, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I remember when our Golden Retrievers killed one of our hamsters. I'm pretty sure that she died of a heart attack as well as there was no damage to her at all. I had to explain to my daughter, Helen, so much about not being mad at Lilly, who was the one who had Evelyn in her mouth when she was found. Helen was young (9 or 10), but she did get over it. Enough has already been said about punishment for your dog...I think you have "got" it by now. It simply isn't her fault, but as humans, we are always looking for something or someone to blame. It is human nature. I hope you will reestablish your relationship with your dog in a loving, mature way.

Logan

Daisylover
03-06-2003, 09:10 AM
I put my reply under Pet Behavior but let me just say here again how very sorry I am about Angel's death. To lose a pet that way IS heartbreaking and there is no doubt that it was a very painful and hard lesson learned. But you need to be kind to yourself. You didn't mean for this to happen and your dog was just being a dog.

Some dogs get along very well with rabbits and will leave them alone while others will go after them.... It's a hard call to know when a bunny might be safe with a dog. I hate to be the one to say this but I would advise that you not to get another bunny while you still have your dog, it just wouldn't be worth the risk.

Hugs to you. Be kind to yourself. It WILL get better.....

tikeyas_mom
03-06-2003, 07:16 PM
posted by shais_mom

Since you have not had a relationship with a dog, you don't understand the love and loyalty a dog gives you

What are you talking about, I have a great relation ship with my dog most out of all my pets. She is more then just a dog to me she is a daughter. I have forgivin her. I just was mad. How could you even bring your self to say that I havent had a relation ship with a dog. I have, and it is the best. I love my dog no matter what. I just was very sad and emotional ok. I think you should'nt assume I dont like my dog :mad:..

jenluckenbach
03-06-2003, 07:52 PM
tikeyas_mom, shais_mom was speaking to popcorn bird when you thought she was speaking to you. (I am assuming PCB has not had a dog). Try to reread her post and you will see what she means. OK?

tikeyas_mom
03-06-2003, 07:55 PM
ok I apoligise :) I am just really sensitive right now ... :(