PDA

View Full Version : My Oscar Spawned?!?

Cheshirekatt
03-04-2003, 11:02 PM
Ok, so I have an Oscar that is about 3 years old. I think she layed eggs today. I have a big suspended slab of granite in her 65 gallon tank for the pleco to hide in and there are hundreds of little white sticky eggs on it! Now she's the only oscar in there so I know they can't be fertilized, but is there anything special I should do?

Does anyone have experiece with this? :confused:

Cheshirekatt
03-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Ok and now she's getting all feisty with me and tried to bite my hand when I was cleaning her tank. :rolleyes: How long can I expect this fun to last?

zippy-kat
03-06-2003, 11:02 PM
How's she doing today Cheshirekatt?
I've never had Oscars so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help!

Cheshirekatt
03-06-2003, 11:35 PM
She's still feisty and guarding her eggs! I have to clean the tank, but I don't know if I'll upset her. :rolleyes: I'm going to check out a couple of other web sites and see if anyone has any ideas. :)

Thanks for asking.

zippy-kat
03-06-2003, 11:55 PM
Is that her in your 2nd post? She's beautiful!! Let us know what you find out! :)

Cheshirekatt
03-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Yep, that's her. :) Now that I can't call her Oscar anymore, want to help me name her?

Here's a picture of her tank mate a huge sailfin pleco.

zippy-kat
03-07-2003, 12:29 AM
hafta love the plecos!!
My all time fav. was one I named Jake! He had such personality!!

How do you get such great pics of the fish? Mine always turn out a big bright glare! lol

Hmm.... thinking of names....

Cheshirekatt
03-07-2003, 12:35 AM
About the pics, I have no idea! I was so glad to get a pic of the pleco at all. Normally he's really shy and stays in his little hidey hole. I have no picture taking ability at all. I do know that the digital camera I bought was $800 so maybe it's idiot proof! LOL