PDA

View Full Version : Dalmations!!!and a Shiba Inu @ Humane Society!!!!

delidog
03-04-2003, 08:45 PM
Just an fyi ...if anybody knows a rescue group:

There are 2 Full Bred Dalmations At the Humane Society Of St.Lucie Co.
there names are Dolly...Female..full grown
and Paco, the male.(Gee,Wonder where that name came from???)

Their website is
www.hsslc.org
phone is 772-461-0687

...there is also a full bred Shiba Inu puppy there Looking for a Home!!!!!

its' a nice facility as far as pounds go....but you know what happens at The Pound!!!!

Boy are their some great mutts there that need to be adopted!!!!!

Please if anyone is in contact with a breed rescue that is not full...can you cross post...maybe somebody can help....
I called the Dal. Rescue in Miami...Full....

aly
03-04-2003, 11:01 PM
Oh I hope Emily (lovemyshiba) sees this !!! She's in PA, but wouldn't that be cool if she could take the Shiba pup? :D

Ohhhhh Emmmiiiiiiilllllyyyy....

lovemyshiba
03-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Oh I'm here--thanks for the pm
It breaks my heart--and there isn't a pic of the Shiba on the site--I think I may call there tomorrow and see if it's a male or female (Kito doesn't get along with males)
My mother-in-law is going to Florida next week, but she's going to be near Ft. Myers--hmmmmmmm....the wheels in my head are clicking:)

aly
03-05-2003, 12:40 AM
My bf is near St Lucie. I could force him to drive to Ft Myers (wherever that is!) Hehe :)

lovemyshiba
03-05-2003, 08:20 AM
I know nothing of Florida geography:rolleyes:
I am going to contact the shelter today, as well as the Shiba Rescue.

Dakota's Mommy
03-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Oh, Paco's a cutie! I didn't see Dolly though! Thanks for sharing!

delidog
03-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah!!!!
I knew that Lovemy Shiba would like this!!!!
I am sure that Mom-in Law would love a little passenger!!!!!

Ft.Myers is about 2 hours from Ft.Lauderdale!!!

Directly West......
I think you can take 75 or alligator alley...there are VERY FEW roads going across the state....

The people at the facility are very nice...they work hard at trying to get EVERY FUR KID ADOPTED!!!!!!

PLease let us know how you make out.....;)

Dakotahs'Mommy..Dolly is Gorgeous...smaller than Paco...poor Paco is NOT happy there...His paws are rubbed raw from putting them under the cage....
I hope that someone comes and rescues them soon......

There is also Casey...she is a Deli Look Alike....
Her owners' turned her in....Because when they left her TIED OUT IN YARD 24/7 she kept trying to get out!!!!:mad: :mad:

oh makes my blod boil!!!!!:mad:
she is beautiful...1 yr....needs training...she was turning upside down for a little ear scritch....
I wish that Delilah would let me have another female!!!!!

Good Luck Everyone...and THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORTS!!!!

Byakko's Mom
03-06-2003, 11:49 PM
Awww lovemyshiba Kito needs a puppy :)
I know how it goes,my shiba Byakko is picky about who she likes.I saw you were contacting shiba rescue so I won't.Let me know what happens.I hate to see the poor little one sit there.Of course I hate to see any sit there..I really hope it works out for you and Kito gets a new playmate.
Laurie=Byakko's Mom

koxka
03-07-2003, 01:37 AM
Delidog, Paco is a spanish familiar name for Francisco (Frank) ,specially in the south of the country. Yes, it's funny to find a Paco in Florida.!
I don't know if in South America use this nickname ,I have never heard or it .

delidog
03-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Lovemyshiba...Is your mother in law in Florida yet???I can give a guided tour right to her little cage!!!!!;) :)

lovemyshiba
03-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Yes, she is there--she flew down yesterday. I keep looking at the website, and the Shiba is never on there.
I need to call the shelter--are you sure the pup is still there even?? I notified several people at Shiba rescue, and they never got back to me--but I don't really know much about the Shiba rescue at all.
Anyway, she's in Bonita Springs.

Fuzzy317
03-10-2003, 11:45 PM
I will forward this to a person rescues dalmations

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by delidog

Paco is NOT happy there...His paws are rubbed raw from putting them under the cage....
I hope that someone comes and rescues them soon......

Poor Paco!!! He is such a handsome dal boy!!! If only...

delidog
03-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Fuzzy317.....Thank You!!!!!!!!
Those 2 need to be rescued!!!!!!!!!

Lovesmyshiba...I'll call this morning....I saw them when I was off last Thursday......Bonita Springs is not too far.....
I know...I wish they would update their website more often,but unfortunately, you need volunteers to do this,.....I am going to a volunteer meeting tomorrow night.....I will ask....

Thanks for everybodys' concern and assistance.....

Nicole
Deli,Joey....:)