PDA

View Full Version : WORST time for batteries to die!

aly
11-10-2001, 10:42 PM
Ohhh guys, I have the CUTEST foster puppy EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And guess what???? My stupid batteries in my digital camera died!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm fostering her during the nights and taking her back up to the shelter during the day. She's so timid and shy, that I don't want her in a cage at the shelter. She stays behind the front desk while she's there.

She was found living under a building at a high school. She lived off of stale bread that students threw to her. She's 5 months old and only 8 lbs. She's a pointer/dachshund mix. It is the most adorable mix ever. She just looks like a really really petite pointer. I can't wait to get new batteries so I can post pictures.

11-10-2001, 11:02 PM
You have been added to the Christmas list for BATTERIES!!!

Hubby bought me a little plug in charger for something like $20. It is great! One set is always in the charger and the other in my camera.. when the pair dies I switcheroo!!! It's great. It just plugs into an outlet and holds 4 batteries. So it's small and out of the way.

And, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS PUPPY!!!!!!!! She/he (can't remember) sounds adorable!!!!

zippy-kat
11-10-2001, 11:26 PM
I wanna see the pup!!!
What's her name?

aly
11-10-2001, 11:58 PM
Her name is Founder. Get it? (Found her). Hehe. I know, I know. I'm not the one who named her :)

zippy-kat
11-11-2001, 12:04 AM
LOL :D

Dixieland Dancer
11-11-2001, 06:25 AM
I want to see pics too! Founder (love the name) is so lucky to have you as a foster momma. Aly, your heart is truly made of GOLD. (I just had to get Gold in this post somewhere) HEHEHEHEHEHEHE. :rolleyes:

aly
11-11-2001, 06:55 AM
Dixie, you're so addicted to goldens, I think you need rehab :D :D

Just kidding!!!!

I will get batteries on the way home from work!!

Pam
11-11-2001, 06:58 AM
Aly I was looking through your Webshots albums last night. What a wonderful group of shelter dogs you have on there! I am sure it is SO HARD to not bring them all home!! We will patiently await pictures of Founder!

Golden Smiles
11-11-2001, 07:13 AM
awwwww, I can't wait to see pix!! She sounds darling! LUCKY DOG, LUCKY DOG!! :D (or lucky human, lucky human)

mugsy
11-11-2001, 10:57 AM
I'm with Terri, she sounds like a lucky girl. I think she should be renamed to Lucky! lol She sounds really cute. My question is, why did the kids wait so long to do anything about her? I wanna see pictures too!! Hurry up, you stupid batteries! hehehe. Ok, I have also missed your webshots address aly. Would you be so kind to repost it so I can see your little rescue beauties. Thanks!!! Little Founder is a lucky girl to have such a loving person to foster her at night so she doesn't have to continue being scared. I hate to think what she had to live through out there.

RachelJ
11-11-2001, 11:31 AM
Pam may be waiting patiently, but I can't stand it!!! First no batteries and NOW she has to WORK. Gee, what next, eat? take a bath? Come on Aly, let's get your priorities straightened out here. :p

Post pictures first...other stuff later.

Rottie
11-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Awwwww! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

TheAntiPam
11-11-2001, 01:45 PM
Yeah, whats the deal here? Are some of you letting reality interfere with PetTalk time????? C'mon, get those priorities right! :mad: :mad: :mad:

We Want Pictures! ;)

sammi
11-11-2001, 03:00 PM
How many hours a day are you working???? You must be home by now ( with the batteries I hope)! :D

Daisy's Mom
11-11-2001, 05:25 PM
She sounds adorable! Come on Aly, it's time to get some rechargable batteries! They are great!

aly
11-11-2001, 08:26 PM
I work 11 hour shifts but usually end up staying 13 hours to make sure everything's taken care of :eek:

Sorry to keep you guys in suspense!! Next time I will be certain to get my priorities straight :) Ok, well last night there were some PERFECT picture opportunities. But this little girl has really opened up to me and I am sure you all know the chore it is to get a puppy to sit still for a pic, so these pics didn't turn out as great as I hoped. Yesterday she was so calm and just went into the cutest positions for pics. STUPID BATTERIES. BUT I am so happy she has perked up and is doing loads better.

Oh yeah my webshots address is http://community.webshots.com/user/alyson_107
There's 4 or 5 albums of some shelter babies I have been really close to (can't save all the pics or I'd need a billion albums). Then there's albums of Harley, Dessi, Reece, Shiloh, Lolly, Julius, and I'm putting Founder's pics in Julius' album (Kitty).

Here she is giving "The Look"

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/015/1N/MZ/bp/JN75996.jpg

Have to post another of my infamous 'car pics'

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/025/9S/FZ/Uk/JM93383.jpg

Too cute for words

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/007/BR/O6/L7/Kd87410.jpg

Founder says, "Rub my belly!"

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/008/Bi/2e/gm/Kc79442.jpg

The pictures make her look a little big. She's really petite and small actually.

zippy-kat
11-11-2001, 08:30 PM
She's adorable!!! I want her!!!!

Pam
11-11-2001, 08:31 PM
AAAAAWWWWWWWWWW! It was worth the wait! She looks about the size of Lolly. Am I right? How sweet she is! How is she getting along with Lolly and the Reece man and also Shiloh?

mugsy
11-11-2001, 08:32 PM
She is SSSSSOOOOOO cute!!! Gee, too bad you're in Texas, I'd make her #14!! Thanks for the webshots address.

aly
11-11-2001, 08:35 PM
Nope, she's tons smaller than Lolly. She weighs less than Reece too. She's about the same height as Reece (10 or 11 inches). Lolly is 30 lbs and a bit taller than them. The pictures make Founder look like a giant for some reason.

They are all getting along fine. Founder will chase after Reece, Shiloh, or Lolly when their backs are turned. If they turn around to sniff her, she takes off and hides behind my legs. Pretty entertaining :)

shais_mom
11-11-2001, 08:56 PM
how sweet!!!!!
Aly have you gotten the book yet?

aly
11-11-2001, 09:01 PM
Not yet! I checked the mail yesterday but not today. I'll go out there and look right now.

sammi
11-11-2001, 09:07 PM
What a DOLL! So glad they are all getting along. That dog is sooo cute. :)

crow_noir
11-12-2001, 01:46 AM
AWWWWWEEEEE!!!!! she is sooooo cute! I WANT! I WANT!! I WANT!!!

If i didn't have King i'd probally be asking hundreds of questions about her personality. (which leads to wanting to meet her ....despite the drive. ...and then you know what comes after that.) ...but i have King, and i plan on lovin him 1000% until he dies. ...and i don't want that to happen until i'm 80. he he.

Pam
11-12-2001, 06:11 AM
Aly, I had no idea Lolly was 30 lbs. She hides her weight very well! :D :D Seriously, Bella is 37 lbs. now so I have some idea of Lolly's size, although I think Bella is "taller." :)

AND.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALY!!!!!!!!!Wish I was your age again!! :D

delidog
11-12-2001, 06:39 AM
O.M.D.!!!!O.M.D.!!!!!!(THIS MEANS "OH MY DOG!!!) SHE IS PRECIOUS....YOU'RE LUCKY THAT I LIVE 1000 MILES AWAY...THE DELI WOULD HAVE TO MAKE ROOM!!!!! FOUNDER IS A WONDERFUL DOG!!! SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BORDER COLLIE IN HER!!!!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AT THE SHELTER!!! YOU ARE ONE TO BE ADMIRED!!!! THE DELI DOG :) :D ;) :) :D ;)

karen israel
11-12-2001, 09:00 AM
The word "precious" doesn't even begin to describe her!! Hope she finds a permanent home soon..who can resist her??

AdoreMyDogs
11-12-2001, 09:47 AM
Look at those wonderful Freto feet :) She is SOOOOO cute! How is it having puppy breath in your house again? I bet it's WONDERFUL! Give that most adorable little girl a big smooch for me, please :)

ilovehounds
11-12-2001, 10:02 AM
Oh I want that puppy :D :D

Sooooo cute, and what a great mix :D he would fit in well around here, to bad Im not allowed to get another dog and she's so far away :( I love those freckles !

Dixieland Dancer
11-12-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by aly:
<STRONG>Dixie, you're so addicted to goldens, I think you need rehab :D :D

</STRONG>

Aly, your not the first to say I'm addicted to Goldens. Actually the people I work with have given up on me being such a hopeless case. I wouldn't have it any other way though! :D LOL

Pictures of Founder were worth the wait! She is absolutely adorable. Could you please rub her belly for me and tell her it's from her Auntie Candy? Give her a kiss on those cute hairy little lips too, please! Are you going to keep her?

[ November 12, 2001: Message edited by: Dixieland Dancer ]

aly
11-12-2001, 10:32 AM
Thanks Pam :) Its a very happy birthday, especially with an extra pup in the house.

Yeah, Lolly weighs around 28-30 lbs now, but she only weighed 24 when I got her. The vet said she isn't overweight though. I can't believe she's that big either.

Founder has taken to thinking Lolly is her best friend all of a sudden, and Lolly is pretty uncomfortable about it. Lolly won't do anything but get that deer caught in headlight look whenever Founder cuddles up to sleep with her. I've been trying to distract Founder from Lolly so Lolly won't feel weird. Right now my shirt is tucked in and I'm carrying Founder around in it, hehe. Her little head and front paws are poked out and she loves to watch the world go by. She's so sweeeeet.

ramanth
11-12-2001, 10:42 AM
Founder is soooo adorable! Had I been one of those students, I wouldn't of tossed her bread, I'd of taken her home!

She's so sweet.

~Kimmy

Daisy's Mom
11-12-2001, 05:07 PM
Oh my gosh, she is adorable! What a sweet face! I want her!

Edwina's Secretary
11-12-2001, 05:23 PM
I want her!!!!

Golden Smiles
11-12-2001, 05:52 PM
:D :eek: What a cute wittle tootie she is, I wanna kiss her!! Enjoy!!

Stenograsaurus
11-12-2001, 06:34 PM
how cute!!!! She looks so precious. I have a picture in my head of her enjoying her free ride in your shirt. She must be loving life right now!!!!

Sudilar
11-12-2001, 07:53 PM
She's adorable!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALY!!!!!!!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-12-2001, 09:14 PM
Founder is so cute, she is adorable, I have a weakness for black dogs. I loved the pictures of her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALY

Jackie

sammi
11-12-2001, 09:16 PM
Guess I didn't realize it was your birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :D :D :cool: :D :D

sammi
11-12-2001, 09:19 PM
I hope you got part of today for just you. Seems like you are working or helping out all the time!!!!