PDA

View Full Version : The New Kong Stuffing!

wolf_Q
03-04-2003, 02:11 AM
Ok maybe it's not new but I've never seen it before!

I found this at Petco today: A Cheeze Whiz type bottle of Liver flavored paste made just to stuff kongs! It's made by the Kong company and everything. It says it's enriched with vitamins too for a healthy skin and coat apparently....not that Nebo cares about that...only the *taste* matters to him!! :D

Anyway, I bought some. It's about $6 for a fairly large can. You just squirt a little bit inside the kong. Nebo went CRAZY for it! He was working on it all night long! Must be pretty tasty stuff!
:p

Has anyone else tried this with their dogs?

Cheshirekatt
03-04-2003, 02:30 AM
I've never seen that! I've always just stuffed mine with peanut butter. :) I don't know why, but dogs eating peanut butter to me is just hilarious!

tomkatzid
03-04-2003, 03:13 AM
We just put little tiny treats in Nina's. But I'm sure she would love the cheese stuff.:D

primabella
03-04-2003, 07:28 AM
we put apples in his kong but that cheese thing sound slike a good idea. i hope they sell them here. they don't have any petco's or petsmarts around my house.

lovemyshiba
03-04-2003, 08:42 AM
That sounds awesome--I'm going to get some today!!

About the dogs eating peanut butter, our family beagle, Spike (RB), used to eat it all the time, and he would get it stuck on the roof of his mouth--it was so funny to watch him try to get it off!!!

anna_66
03-04-2003, 08:44 AM
That sounds alot easier than putting pb in them. I'll have to see if I can find any around here!

Dakota's Mommy
03-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Yes, it does sound easier! Our older two have had peanut butter in their kongs, but the new one doesn't even have a kong yet! She will, soon!

wolf_Q
03-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I've put PB and other things in Nebo's kong too, and he seemed more interested in this stuff! :)

anna_66
03-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Dakota's Mommy
Yes, it does sound easier! Our older two have had peanut butter in their kongs, but the new one doesn't even have a kong yet! She will, soon!
New one, what new one? Did you get a new dog:confused:

shais_mom
03-04-2003, 12:22 PM
I have never seen that but that is pretty cool will have to keep my eye out.
I bought Keegan a smaller kong yesterday so I didn't have to put as much PB or frozen bil jac in it and it would be harder for her to get it out. (SINCE she is on the d-i-e-t) Working pretty good!!!

RubyMutt
03-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Wow! :eek: I can't wait to try that! I'm sure Ruby can't either... :rolleyes: I will definetly pick that up on my next trip to PetCo. Thanks for telling us about it! :D

sammi
03-04-2003, 01:50 PM
I seen that in the Sunday Petco sale ad. It sounded interesting and I think I will pick some up this week end since you thought it was ok! Thanks for bring this up.

ramanth
03-04-2003, 01:55 PM
Sounds cool!

Unfortunatly Kia can't have that kind of stuff till we figure out what she's allergic too. So it'll just be PB for her until April. :(

Not that she minds. ;)

lovemyshiba
03-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Mine are hard at work on it right now--they love it!!
Thanks so much for telling us about it!! Our Petco is so disorganized, I never would have found it--it was laying on the bottom shelf with the tennis balls!!

Jessica12345
03-04-2003, 05:24 PM
o! never seen it but ill be sure to buy some if i do!:)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-04-2003, 06:08 PM
I too saw that at Petco, and in a few pet catalogs! I didn't get it, though!:) ;)