PDA

View Full Version : Why do kitties do this??????

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 10:42 PM
All three of my babies do this.. they jump up on the desk to visit me, and suddenly, I've got a furry butt in my face. It's like elevator butt gone VERY wrong.. does anyone else's kitties do this? It's such an unpleasant odour :( ;)

Fuzzy317
03-03-2003, 10:49 PM
Yes, happens to me also. Its either head bumpies or the "other end". :D

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 10:54 PM
Do you ever get the full fur sweep? It starts with a head bumpie and ends with a butt sniffie and a nose and mouth full of cat fur? :D :rolleyes: :p

Fuzzy317
03-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
Do you ever get the full fur sweep? It starts with a head bumpie and ends with a butt sniffie and a nose and mouth full of cat fur? :D :rolleyes: :p

I am not sure, I will have to notice now that you mentioned it. :)

krazyaboutkatz
03-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Mine usually just give me headbumpies. :) I've heard that when they put their butts in your face that they want you to smell them because they think you're also a cat. Naomi, your cats must really have a close bond with you and feel that you're one of them. :)

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
.... they want you to smell them because they think you're also a cat. Naomi, your cats must really have a close bond with you and feel that you're one of them. :)

Don't I feel SOOOO special!!! LOL :D :rolleyes: :D

Barbara
03-04-2003, 03:44 AM

Oh yeah- it's one of Filou's specialties. Tigris is more decent:rolleyes:

neko1
03-04-2003, 05:17 AM
Tama is the master at doing that. I think I see his butt more than I see his face when he sits on me. He's even got the nickname assyssinian. I just bought some groom aid from work to make his butt smell better. I sprayed it on him last night and he wouldn't come near me for an hour. But then he forgave me, and sat on my lap with his fresh smelling butt in my face again.....

jenluckenbach
03-04-2003, 05:51 AM
to a cat, it MUST be butt first. (too bad we are not "sophisticated" enough, like them, to appreciate it):D

lynnestankard
03-04-2003, 05:51 AM
Naome - YES YES YES!!!!! I'm always picking bits of fur out of my mouth or sneezing!!!! Thought it was just these three! HE HE HE!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Lynne

All Creatures Great And Small
03-04-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by neko1
Tama is the master at doing that. I think I see his butt more than I see his face when he sits on me. He's even got the nickname assyssinian. I just bought some groom aid from work to make his butt smell better. I sprayed it on him last night and he wouldn't come near me for an hour. But then he forgave me, and sat on my lap with his fresh smelling butt in my face again..... Assyssinian..........:D :D :D ROTFL! He was probably mad because you eliminated his "signature scent" ;) .

Mine does this too, but thankfully, the butt is not in close proximity to my face; usually about a foot away. Still not a pretty sight, so I usually grab his tail and pull it down over the winking cyclops. He's got that anal gland problem too, so his keester is especially stinky at close range :( :p .

I remember an incident with my RB girl kitty, Leticia - she was all over me whenever I slept, and would especially like to lay ON my head, face, or chest. If I woke up slightly and noticed her there, I would give her a kiss and a pet and drift back off. Well, one night, I was all puckered up and ready to kiss her before I (thankfully) realized that it was her BUTT in my face - I noticed something wrong when I didn't feel any whiskers around my intended target.........:o :p ;) :D

Russian Blue
03-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by neko1
Tama is the master at doing that. I think I see his butt more than I see his face when he sits on me. He's even got the nickname assyssinian.

:D

Cataholic
03-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Elevator butt gone very wrong....that is very accurate!!!

Mine all do the sniff my butt thing. I, of course, refuse the offer. But, this leads me to another question. I am not saying I smell test my kitties butts, BUT, I really don't have an odor problem. Are you guys saying your cat's butts stink? Now, Georgia has stinky breath, but, that is another problem.

slick
03-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I really can't say that I have the same problem. The only time I get the full fur sweep when when I'm in the bathroom in the middle of the night and Specks comes in to see what I'm doing. :eek: Other than that I have the pleasure of faces in my face instead of butts. Sometimes at night Max will turn over and have his butt in my face but his fluffy tail covers up "the private parts".

moosmom
03-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Quit complaining!! LOL. Try a Sphynx that walks up to you and sticks his naked keester in your face. Good ole stinkboy Moo does that very thing. It's usually AFTER he's gone to the kittybox. And with no fur to hide his "winky", it is NOT a pleasant site. But I know he loves me. :D

Of course, then there's the gaseous beast Eli who insists on sleeping with his butt in your face and cutting the cheese while you sleep :eek: Talk about chemical warfare!!!

BastetsMum
03-04-2003, 02:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Neko1 - I have an assyssinian as well! I termed the Elevator butt gone wrong as the *woofley* ... I don't know where that term came from but *woofie* over in Au means stinky -

So yes i have been given the Woofley a few times ...

Nomilynn
03-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Elevator butt gone very wrong....that is very accurate!!!

Mine all do the sniff my butt thing. I, of course, refuse the offer. But, this leads me to another question. I am not saying I smell test my kitties butts, BUT, I really don't have an odor problem. Are you guys saying your cat's butts stink? Now, Georgia has stinky breath, but, that is another problem.

What do you feed them!! All three of mine are little stinkers. And no, I don't puposely take a whiff, but it's pretty strong and noticeable. They also like to poot when they get on my lap. Why.. I don't know.. despite what they think, I DON'T find it endearing!! :D

All Creatures Great And Small
03-04-2003, 06:15 PM
I LOVE checking in on this site when I get home - always something to make me laugh!

NoahsMommy
03-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Oh yes!!! Noah does the "love me from head to tail...lets linger after the tail". What is that???

Basil (I hope Nakita isn't going to read this) is the KING of farting in our house...that includes my hubby!! (Doh, hope he wont read this part too!) ;) They all eat the same food....but poor Basie...he's REALLY bad.

BastetsMum
03-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Thank the gods that bastet doesn't fart!She just has a smelly (woofley) butt! The other aby that Bastet grew up with was the king of farts! He farted more than his meowmie!

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Quit complaining!! LOL. Try a Sphynx that walks up to you and sticks his naked keester in your face. Good ole stinkboy Moo does that very thing. It's usually AFTER he's gone to the kittybox. And with no fur to hide his "winky", it is NOT a pleasant site. But I know he loves me. :D

Of course, then there's the gaseous beast Eli who insists on sleeping with his butt in your face and cutting the cheese while you sleep :eek: Talk about chemical warfare!!! ROTFLMAO :D :D :D Donna this is too funny. :D :D :D

The other night while I was on the computer on Pet Talk, I started to smell something stinky. Sunny was sleeping on the foot of my bed. I walked over to him and PU. It stunk so bad. He just looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. If he could talk he would have said "What's your problem?" Luckily Sunny and Storm rarely ever have bad gas.

Nomilynn
03-05-2003, 01:23 AM
KAK LOL!!!!!! It's so funny you had to "sniff out" the culprit!!! I've had to do that too.. I'm always afraid someone has messed outside the litter box. Then I discover a very satisfied cat smiling at me :rolleyes: :D

Cheshirekatt
03-05-2003, 01:29 AM
I was sleeping on my back the other night and I woke up with Elvis sleeping righ ton my chest....with his butt right by my mouth! Ewwwwww! lol

Nomilynn
03-05-2003, 02:00 AM
LOL good thing you didn't yawn right then!!!!

Elvis is a sweetie.. does he have a scar by his eye?

Cheshirekatt
03-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Elvis has allergies that make his eye water. It's really his only symptom and it doesn't seem to bother him too much. I'd rather not give him steroids for it. Did you notice his lip? That's how he got his name. :)

I found him scrounging in a Taco Bell dumpster.

Nomilynn
03-05-2003, 02:36 AM
I notices his lip but I thought that was just his lip getting stuck on his tooth.. my cat did that.. I called him Elvis Kitty :)

Aww... it's so great you found him and gave him a good home!! :)

03-05-2003, 06:23 AM

Inka is a professional in doing this !!! Sometimes , I even end up sneezing , because of that fluffy tail is tickling my nose :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

smokey the elder
03-05-2003, 08:18 AM
This thread is funny! TicTac like to give me a bulldozer head bumpie when I'm in bed (he lowers his head and "bulldozes" it into my side) then turn around and present me with his backside. Fortunately he is very clean, but his tail tickles!:D :)

HoUsEkaT
03-05-2003, 10:00 AM
I've have one that does that too when I'm online :o.

moosmom
03-05-2003, 10:17 AM
What a "Hunka Hunka Burnin Love" he is!!! Elvis looks like a real love bug.

batgirl1980
03-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh my, you all had me laughing so hard i almost cried! :D

Mozart is the only one of mine that regularly has to first sniff my nose, then once he's sure its me, turns around and makes sure his butt gets in my way, i expect it now, so i'm always ready to pull his tail down to cover him up! :D

Just recently has he decided that my husband is occasionally "worthy" of such treatment :D