PDA

View Full Version : What where you??

iceyshiver21
03-03-2003, 09:43 PM
What where you in High School or if you in there now or havnt been there yet just say what you are.

COCatMama
03-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Bullied :(

Fuzzy317
03-03-2003, 09:51 PM
I was a combination: misunderstood and smart. :(
I was also played drums in the band.

Soledad
03-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I used to be quite bookish and quiet even though the people close to me knew how loud and obnoxious I could be. But then I stopped caring what people thought of me. I dressed how I'd always wanted to and basically stopped caring what people would say or think. At that exact moment in time I became very popular.

iceyshiver21
03-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Oh im smart, I didnt even say what I am, im in the Misunderstood, trouble making, fairly popular, hated person! Hard to explain the combanation, mostly the missunderstood and trouble makeing group

Cincy'sMom
03-03-2003, 09:59 PM
I was a little bit of everything. I went to a small high school which gave me an oppertunity to be involved in EVERYTHING!!! I played volleyball, softball and ran track, took stats for boys Bball and wrestling, was in band ( marching, concert and pep), choir (and show choir), National Honor Society, Yearbook staff, Drama club, quiz team....I guess I can't think of anythign else :) I had a lot of freinds, but my close friends, who are still my best friends today, weren' the most popular kids in school. Okay by me, the "popular" kids always seemed to be fighting, drinking, stealing each others boyfriends, and stabbing each other in the back. My two best freinds I have know for over 15 years each and we never had those problems.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-03-2003, 10:00 PM
I had a lot of friends in middle school..... but we moved and I had to go to a new school starting highschool... it sucked soooo bad.. I could not make any friends to save my life... the only friends I did make were trouble makers.... My problem was the majority of the kids that went there were rich and had really nice stuff and their parents bought them cool cars.. AND... I lived with my single mom and we WERE NOT rich.... so I was not accepted... and that is my highschool blues story...

Karen
03-03-2003, 10:16 PM
I was myself, and still am. Friends with whomever I wanted to be and respected, regardless of what crowd they were "in" or not in. I do not miss having braces, but my smiling while wearing braces convinced a friend of mine to have them done when she was in her twenties, which she is glad she did! I didn't check anything off on the poll, and I think any effort to "categorize" people is fruitless as best. Could not someone be all of those things, or none?

All Creatures Great And Small
03-03-2003, 10:30 PM
GIANT DORK!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-03-2003, 10:33 PM
GIANT DORK!

*LOL*

lovemyshiba
03-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Cheerleader:cool:

...and kind of a snob--we had a very small high school, and my group of friends were the worst--I'm not proud of it, but that's who I was then--live and learn

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 11:06 PM
I voted Other.. I was smart, but I wasn't brainy or anything.. it just came naturally.. and people didn't hold it against me and call me a nerd and stuff. I hated and still hate sports, so I wasn't an athlete, but it's not like we didn't get along.. I guess I was somewhere in the middle, but I didn't have a lot of friends.. I was just friendly with a lot of people

Crikit
03-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Oh I was an other. I knew people and got alone with people in all my classes but I really only hung out with one or two people and that would be done at our lockers. We'd sit on the floor and just be us...thought people would look at us strangly when we would burst out in to song or laughter...long stories. Plus I was sort of a choir and drama geek, those were my things but I wasn't cool enough to be with the real drama and choir geeks.

In other words if you've ever seen Romy and Michelles high school reunion my friends and I were sort of like them, not cool enough for the a or b group not nerdy enough for the c...we were in a group all our own.

wolf_Q
03-04-2003, 12:39 AM
I voted other.

I wouldn't call myself smart lol. I was definitely NOT a know-it-all, and I'd never raise my hand in class or anything like that. I got good grades, did my homework, didn't piss the teachers off (errm...sometimes didn't piss the teachers off...lol)

I had quite a few friends at school, but just friends in class, nothing more. I was not "popular." I had a couple close friends I did things with after school. I still see 2 of them, and one is my best friend who I see all the time. :)

I didn't really get involved in anything. I hated sports. I didn't go to a single dance. What a loser. :rolleyes: I was in a video class though, so I did have to tape some of these events, and make videos for the announcements. I was involved with the "art crowd" so I guess that goes to say I was weird (oh wait, I still am! :D). I was the Visual Arts Sterling Scholar for my school so I had to do some crap for that, and I entered all of the art contests, etc...that was really my only envolvement in school activities.

I was good friends with a few of the teachers, and pretty much invisible to the rest.

neko1
03-04-2003, 05:54 AM
I hated high school and everyone in it. The only thing that kept me from killing myself was being in guard. I had a couple of "friends" if you can call it that. (they used to call me a b**ch behind my back). To everyone else I was invisible. I did well in school though, I was always on the honor roll.

I am so glad that horrible part of my life is over.

jenluckenbach
03-04-2003, 06:07 AM
school was majorly traumatic for me. I WAS the smart one, and kept being told by parents and teachers that the reason no kids liked me was because they were "jealous". Well, that did not make it easier. When I transferred to a very small private high school things did improve, but I would still not consider myself popular, except with the teacher.....oh yes.....teacher's pet BIG TIME.

Cookiebaker
03-04-2003, 06:19 AM
I am so glad that horrible part of my life is over.

Me TOO! I was not popular at all...and it didn't help that my parents didn't like me socializing with other kids, so they didn't allow me to be in other activities (sports or music), or even go to birthday parties or anything. I was made fun of a lot, and I just gave up trying. I am so happy to be on my own and get beyond that now!!!

03-04-2003, 08:50 AM
I was a bit a combination of all options . In fact , I was the clown of the class . Meaning : I was always laughing and ..... yep , blabbering all the time ! I know it , some are thinking loudly "Lut was already practising then !!! Of course I was , I had to qualify for Pt-university :p :p !

No kidding , I was a pretty good student , si I could afford to be a happy student !! Of course , not all teachers appreciated this behaviour ; so many times I came home with my notes ripped apart by a neurotic teacher ...:mad: :mad: !

In primary school , I was always bullied by the others . The only reason was that my dad was the local "police" in that tiny village !

But as soon as I was 12 and older , I had a great time !!!

iceyshiver21
03-04-2003, 01:24 PM
I LOVED MIDDLE SCHOOL!! I went to a small school for 9 years and the eight grade class size was TEN and that was BIG class, then I went to high school, and the class size is like 300! AHHH!! Oh well I love it, Its a a good school!!! I fit in to a "others" kinda a mixe some of my friends are really popular and some are socalled outsiders, Come to think of it everyone in this school has somone unless they choose not to be, hard to explain, but theres this kid sitting in class right next to me now and people tend to be nice to him, they invite him to go to games with them, but he declines rather rude-like, so they just give up, I guess i dont say much because i dont go to dances or games or anything like that I have a few little parties at my house, and thats about it.

-Karen I never ment to generlize and thats why i put and others, maybe i read your post wrong(ive been doing that alot latley) I really dont have a group, I mean I sit on the floor, in the middle of the halway, i run around, with a orange "Send Help" sign. I go up and ask random people if time has stopped. I stand up boldy for what I think is right, and if people dont like me for these things thats ok because I dont care, Ive made enough friends.(whoa of the subkect) ok, but when I started this thread i didnt mean to generalize I just ment to, see what people the pettalkers where when they where younger or are now, I wasnt really looking at the poll, i just felt like adding one. I was talking to a pettalker the other night and found out that they are alot like me, same situations and conditions and it sparked my imagination for this post.

moosmom
03-04-2003, 01:56 PM
I was bullied in Middle School (wrote a story about it that got in the newspaper right after the Columbine incident). Then came High School (please keep in mind this was OVER 30 years ago :eek: !). I had 2 close friends in high school that I still keep in touch with (I'm visiting with Susie, friend since elementary school in CT). Other than that, I hung out with a crowd of kids from a Catholic High School that I did EVERYTHING with! I wasn't smart. Maybe average. I didn't go to any of the senior activities at my school. But at Northwest Catholic High School, I did everything with the gang, and kept a scrapbook that I still have. Ah memories! I wasn't a trouble maker, just wanted to get through it all and did.

And yes, for all you smarta$$ kids, the school and building ARE still standing :D.

Miss Meow
03-04-2003, 02:58 PM
I hated high school. The year I started was the first year girls were admitted, so it was 30 girls and 900 boys. Not fun in the early teen years! A lot of teachers were against going co-educational so we had a hard time. The sports program was just netball and gymnastics which I hated, and the rest was just plain boring. The school used to be surrounded by bushland so a group of us would hide in the bushes during assemblies and classes we didn't like :) I made some good friends there though, but when they started leaving in the last year I was a bit lost as the social groups were well established. So glad it was long ago!

RockyRoad
03-04-2003, 03:12 PM
In school I'm called a "nerd", but I have lots of friends, I wouldn't trade any of them for the snobby populars in my school. I guess the reason I did not get "popular" was because all through 5th and 6th grade, all I wore were various dark blue t-shirts (hence my dark-blue font). This year I noticed that I looked like a complete weirdo, and now I only wear t-shirts once and awhile. Of course then when I changed my clothing routine everyone called me a wannabe. Geez, like I'd want to be them. :rolleyes:

Also, bcause of my lack of confidence. I'm really talkative, around my close friends. If I were to meet someone for the first time, they would get so annoyed because of how much I talk. (of course that's a good thing on here;) ) But when I'm not around my friends, I'm the shyest person on earth. I do have confidence on one thing, my view on politics. I cannot stop talking about this whole war thing at school, and of course none of my friends have a clue what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

BTW~ I hate school and always will. Not just because of that bullying problem, but because of tons of reasons. School is one of the things that I would quit right away, if I did not need to get a bachelor's (and master's) degree in history/s.s. education. (But I'm only in 7th grade, so there's a long time to go!)

Now see how much I talked about on this post! :D

Twisterdog
03-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Wow .... high school ... that's been a long time ago ... I'll try to remember. ;)

I always got straight A's, and school was very easy for me. So, I thought about voting the "smart" category. But, I didn't want to hang around with all the "smart" kids, because I was also quite a rebel. So I hung around with all the kids on the fringe, the "trouble-makers", I suppose you could say ... although I never got in any trouble myself.

I suppose I walked the line between smart, popular ... and rebellious. I loved high school, and had a blast. :D

cali
03-05-2003, 09:10 PM
i am in high school rght now, and I am not smart,not popular, not a nerd, or anything like that, I am just kind of a loner, no one likes me, in elementery school when we picked teams for somthing, I was never chosen and whoever had to have me on their team groaned about it :( people start rumers about me, I go to a small highschool(Luther collage high school if you have heard of it) and I am always left out of the loop, I am quiet to people who dont know me, and never stop talking to my friends :p I remember in english last semster, we were talking about how a peron might act to show they are shy, as everyone came up with charcteristics everyone turned and looked at me and laughed cuz I fit EVERY desription perfectly! so basicly I am a shy looser at shcool(and the most outgoing person in my dance class:D ) lol

iceyshiver21
03-05-2003, 09:28 PM
cali isnt it funny how in some places you can be quite and shy and in other places you can be so talkitive and bold, me, im shy in new places, but it only takes once and im as bold as can be, mostly at dog training and at school, i love being there. But no matter who you are the rumors will always come to you, you just have to dodge them, trust me I know so many romors about me, I just laugh them off and go on with life.

Vio&Juni
03-06-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I was myself, and still am. Friends with whomever I wanted to be and respected, regardless of what crowd they were "in" or not in. I do not miss having braces, but my smiling while wearing braces convinced a friend of mine to have them done when she was in her twenties, which she is glad she did! I didn't check anything off on the poll, and I think any effort to "categorize" people is fruitless as best. Could not someone be all of those things, or none?
I din't check anything off the poll too. I hate to be categorized.
I couldn't say it better than Karen did.

(Except I have not weared braces :p, maybe I needed them for my lower teeth, but...)

CountryWolf07
03-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Ahhhh well, June 1st is my Graduation, but I'll answer anyway - I answered "other" because I don't know how to explain it.

I'm not popular among the crowd, but I'm popular among the athletes/coaches - since I helped out with videotaping football practices/games, basketball games, and keeping score for the baseball team - so I guess you can say I'm POPULAR in that part..
I don't have a lot of friends, apparently it's hard for me to approach up to new people, but lately, the friends I had, don't talk to me anymore, oh well, go figure. I used to have A LOT of friends before High School started!!

I'm close with some of the teachers I have, just mainly they understand me, I think.. so I'm good friends with a few.. but to the rest of the kids, they jsut don't see me. It's alot like "Don't Laugh At Me" - a song by Mark Wills..

I get good grades, so I don't consider myself as a geek or whatever, LOL. I'm definitely a computer person, though. ;)

slick
03-06-2003, 12:13 PM
I graduated high school in 1970 (probably before some of you were born...). Students were pretty much divided into Hershey's (the beautiful popular people) or the Greaser's (no need for an explanation here).

I fit into the Greaser crowd. I had very few friends, was fat (am still battling the bulge!) and not very easy on the eyes. However, my best subjects were Drama and Music and I excelled in both. I had a very strict upbringing and was not allowed to date. I didn't smoke or drink or do drugs. My first date was high school graduation. Now, many decades later, my motto is "what you see is what you get".

I did attend a reunion in 1995 and most people were stunned to see that I look exactly like my grad photo. Same long hair and everything... Would I want to live those years over again?? Not a chance!

weiner_teddy
03-11-2003, 09:49 PM
I hate High School, and everyone in it, except for my friends, because the halls are always so crowded and some people are just annoying. Katie (iceyshiver) would even agree with me on that one. But, I guess I would fit under the "other category" because I am not popular, but I have my group of friends that I hang out with. The "Plunky" Group, right Katie!!??:D :p :cool:

kingrattus
03-11-2003, 11:35 PM
I chose other because
1. I was/still a loser
2. was/still stupid
3. was/still by far not popular
4. was/still a loner
5. i didn't/don't have friends
6. played magic cards with a group (of 2) of bigger losers, they were the only people that would let me near them, but I learned it was cause the guys had a huge crush on me because I was the only girl in their lives that wanted/continued to talk to them, both of them got me yellow roses on V. day (the last year I was in High school) thats when I learned of their crush & Matt was so imbarrased about the roses he hid from me for a month (the poor guy), but they knew I would never go out with them because I was already with Rob & they heard some scary stories about him (which a childhood buddy told them out of his nice kind heart (he wanted them to stay away from me cause he didn't like them & we are like brother & sister & well we all know brothers protect their sisters, eh))

well I've been out of high school for 2 yrs & in college for 2 (current) & to me it feels the same.

my still & only friends r my pets

King

cloverfdx
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I came across this whilst doing a little search ;).

In Highschool i was the bullied "loser" i guess you could say, they would of been the worst years of my life and i was lucky to survive. I did have a great group of friends and we were all losers together, and still are (We all work, haves lives etc now though).

joanofark
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm homeschooled so it is a little different. So I voted 'other'. There are really not that many 'Nerds' or 'Misunderstoods' or 'Trouble makers' Since everyone does there work at home. But when we all get together at parties and stuff like that we are ALL popular and we are ALL friends. Some are closer than others but we are still friends. I just have my big group of friends that I hang out with. It's REALLY, really hard to explain;):p

...But I like it:)

cloverfdx
09-02-2005, 11:25 AM
Your lucky being home schooled, high school sucked :p.

Anita Cholaine
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
I voted smart, but I'm not one of these girls who are always studying and raising their hands, like a nerd. I'm one of the bests of my class thought, but I don't worry about it, it's just natural. I'm not any popular at all, but I have two really good friends.

High school is so horrible, I hate it sooo much.......

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm me...I was me, and always will be...well, me!

I high school, I was the brainy kid that wasn't all that popular but no one messed around with me either because they were all afraid of something. Maybe it was because I wore all black, or it was the music I listen to, or the fact that the ONE person who bullied me ended up getting into sirious "trouble" and it wasn't because I tattled on them either ;). I had a very close group of friends although some people tried to call us a gang. We never did anything bad or destructive in fact we voulenteered a lot in the community. We just never made an effort to join a clique and kind of ended up forming our own in the process.

I was a very scary person in high school :o . I had a majorly bad temper, but I was quiet about it. I guess that makes people a lot more nervous than someone who yells all the time.

Beware of the weird little quiet kid ;) I'm still kind of the same way now (I graduated 5 years ago...uggh I feel old lol) but I'd like to think I'm a little more forgiving and a lot less of a hothead.

LKPike
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
one of the populars

new mom to a veiled
09-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I voted other. I went to a pretty small high school. I had a lot of friends, and got into some(minor) trouble. I had a 4.0 grade point average. Competed in a lot of sports. I never thought of myself as popular, but my husband works with a girl I went to school with. She told him she always wished she was me!!!! Augggh I'd trade with her now!!!!! LOL

Roxyluvsme13
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
im still in high school!! im kinda smart kinda dorkish....um...i dont know what to vote for i have lots of friends...And i play clarinet in the band....

Dixieland Dancer
09-02-2005, 03:17 PM
I have been out of high school for close to 30 years. It is a period of my life I would never like to repeat. The only positive experience I had was skipping Civics class and finding my first dog.

I never really fit in anywhere. I had an accident when I was 14 that left scars on my face. They have since faded and are not noticeable but when it first happened, it was very noticeable. Kids were so cruel about it. They called me ugly names and left me with insecurity problems. I played in the band and found great joy in that but I never bonded with anyone in the group. I was never able to open up enough to trust that someone liked me for who I was instead of what I could give them.

Actually, at one point I thought about ending my life. That was right before I found my dog abandoned in the woods behind our school. I believe that finding that pup was my saving grace in high school. I finally had something to live for! I can look back now and realize finding that pup was God's way of reaching out to me. Nothing in this world gives me the joy that being involved with dogs does. Their unconditionally love is priceless!

buckner
09-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I've had so much fun so far in highschool. It's my senior year, so only the best is yet to come! Except homework...

I don't know how to classify myself. I'm defintely not an athelete, though I LOVE to play and watch sports, just don't play any for the school or an organized league. I honestly don't think we have a "popular" group at my highschool. We have about 2000 students in our school.. I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone knows everyone, but pretty much, we all knows someone who knows someone. We don't say "*gasp* he's a dork!" I love dorks. I'm a dork myself. I also have friends who could be classifed as popular, as in everyone knows who they are, but if they're nice, they're my friend. :)

I'm my own person, I hang out with people who are like me. Just all around good people. We're all smart, and some would call us nerds... because we're the people to ruin the curve. :p But yeh, we pretty much all treat eachother just as nice as the next person in classes and in the halls. We won't all hang out with eachother on the weekends, though.. that's where you actually have your own group of friends.

So long story short, I'm voting other. :)

Almita
09-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm a popular girl at my school! I'm in orchestra have a lot of friends and yea it is pretty fun at my school this year I just LOVE school I love all my classes! Just keeping my grades up!

CalliesMom
09-02-2005, 07:30 PM
I was the "smart" girl in school but wasn't a know-it-all or anything. This is lame but I actually enjoyed high school much more than college friends wise. I've never had a huge group of friends but by my junior year, I had found a good niche of friends. I THEN MOVED the summer of my senior year and had to graduate with people I didn't even know. The only good thing that happened from that move was that I met my husband and I did have two really good friends (though we don't talk anymore).

manda_moo87
09-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I'd say I was a so-so and missunderstood.

Lexi_Lover
09-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Ugh, some of you can guess what I was..:( From previous posts...otherwise...

Misunderstood, bullied, smart and some 'other' things...

slleipnir
09-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I voted other.

I wouldn't call myself smart lol. I was definitely NOT a know-it-all, and I'd never raise my hand in class or anything like that. I got good grades, did my homework, didn't piss the teachers off (errm...sometimes didn't piss the teachers off...lol)

I had quite a few friends at school, but just friends in class, nothing more. I was not "popular." I had a couple close friends I did things with after school. I still see 2 of them, and one is my best friend who I see all the time. :)

I didn't really get involved in anything. I hated sports. I didn't go to a single dance. What a loser. :rolleyes:

I was like the exact same pretty much hahha

katienoonan
09-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I was a singer.

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-03-2005, 02:44 PM
I am so-so with a lot of friends, and an athlete!:);) I am home schooled however, but I still have a lot of friends and play lots of sports!;)

finn's mom
09-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I was voted most compatible my senior year in high school. Because for the most part, I get along with everyone. I was flattered to be voted for that. :) I was a nerd up til i was in about tenth grade. then I sorta stopped worrying as much, and started being more outgoing. :)