PDA

View Full Version : Boris Badenoff...

Daisylover
03-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Do you remember Boris and Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show? I don't know where the thought came from but it just occured to me that Marie, second from the left below, resembles Boris.....she has a sneaky looking mustache!!!! :D

Heather Wallace
03-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I have never seen this show, is it American?

Daisylover
03-04-2003, 09:25 AM
Yeah, it was a GREAT animated cartoon that featured Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle the Moose. Rocky was the smart one and Bullwinkle was a lovable goof ball and always getting in to ridiculous situations. Boris and Natasha were inept Russian spies who were always trying to outwit squirrel and moose and were always the losers in every story. Bois was short and fat with a pencil thin mustache and Natasha was a tall, busty wench....

It was a wonderful series.............

Heather Wallace
03-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Sounds great!

lizbud
03-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Rocky & Bullwinkle is a cult classic in cartoons. The humor
was more aimed at adults than children. VERY FUNNY stuff.:D
Do you remember," Eeeney, Meeny, Chili Beanie, the spirits are
about to speak " as spoken by Bullwinkle? Oh well, you had to
see the cartoons to appreciate the humor. LOL.:D

All Creatures Great And Small
03-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Memories..........oh, how I loved Bullwinkle! I probably didn't "get" the jokes as much when I was a kid, but I tuned in every day for it. Remember Boris and Natasha talking about "Fearless Leader"? And Sherman and Mr. Peabody and their time travels in the Wayback Machine? The "eenie weenie chili beanie" was the lead-in to the commercials, because then Rocky would ask "are they friendly spirits?" and Bullwinkle would say "Friendly? Just listen!"

"Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

:D :D :D
http://members.aol.com/myerssh61/title-boris.gif

Daisylover
03-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Yes, yes, yes!!!! You guys are so great!!! It was a wonderful series, so full of suble innuendo and humor.... I have often thought about trying to buy the series on videotape. The tapes are hard to find, only one video store in AA has the complete video set to rent.

And I still use "Fearless Leader" (referring to my boss), and the "eenie weenie chili beenie" rhyme with one of our sanctuary bunnies......Jelly Bean...when it's time for her medicine, heh-heh-heh!!!! .

You guys rock!!!! :D

Daisylover
03-05-2003, 10:24 AM
And there's Boris in all his spendor in All Creatures post!!!!
See what I mean about the mustache!!! hah-hah-ha!