PDA

View Full Version : Velvet's Gone

Daisylover
03-03-2003, 12:18 PM
My Velvet bunny died last Thursday. He was nine years old and he had a good life. He was a wonderful bunny...so laid back... I always said I bet I could dress him up in doll clothes put him in a stroller and he's never bat an eyelash. And even though I knew he was old, and figured he was failing, it was still a shock...kinda like getting kicked in the stomach. But I was able to be with him those last hours and that helped us both I think. He was my buddy...... :(

Kater
03-03-2003, 01:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Velvet's passing. He sounds like such a sweet, mellow bun. I'm glad you were with him those last few special hours. May he rest in peace.

Rottieluver45
03-03-2003, 01:03 PM
I`m sorry to hear about your loss!
R.I.P.
Velvet

zippy-kat
03-03-2003, 01:27 PM
So sorry for your loss, Cathy!! :( :( :(

I know there must be a hollow place in your heart AND house. Please know I'm thinking of you during this time. (and crying with you too!)

{{hugs}}

RockyRoad
03-03-2003, 01:53 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Velvet. At least he had a nice, long life. Our prayers are with you and Velvet.
R.I.P. sweet Velvet.

Jessica12345
03-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Im soooo sorry for your loss! there are tears streaming down my cheeks. (*HUGS*):(

Tina
03-03-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Velvet:( May Velvet rest in peace.

NoahsMommy
03-03-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Ann
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( *hugs*

Heather Wallace
03-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Dear cath, i have also left a message for you on the other forum. I am so sorry to hear about poor Velvet, it is a very hard time for right now, I know.

Just wanted to let you that I am thinking of you and all of the bunnies, take care, I know how speacial he was to you.xx

tatsxxx11
03-03-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm so sorry to read you lost your beautiful bunny Velvet.:( What a sweet, loving, best bunny friend he was. Rest peacefully dear Velvet. You will be greatly missed...{{{hugs}}}

jenluckenbach
03-03-2003, 04:50 PM
I am very sorry to hear about the loss of Velvet. It is hard to lose a dear pet friend, even when you know they had a god long life.

primabella
03-03-2003, 06:00 PM
i am so sorry to hear about velvet. RIP :(

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm so sorry for this lost. Velvet will be missed :(

*LabLoverKEB*
03-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Oh, DaisyLover, I am so sorry to hear about your dear Velvet! I know how you feel. I am sorry.:(

shais_mom
03-03-2003, 11:55 PM
I am so sorry for you loss. Please accept my condolences.

AdoreMyDogs
03-04-2003, 06:25 AM
May you rest in peace, beautiful Velvet :( It's so hard when our furbabies leave us, but Velvet is in a wonderful place. I am glad that you have the other bunnies to help you through your grieving. Nothing quite as healing to an achy heart then the nuzzle of a furface, or stroaking the softest of soft bunny bodies.

You have my condolonces :(

sasvermont
03-04-2003, 07:15 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss of you wonderful pet Velvet. I bet Velvet is at peace and having fun with all the other bunnies, dogs, cats, etc.

I, too, just lost two pets and have an idea as to the emense change it makes in your life.

Lots of hugs and warm thoughts coming your way! Rest in Peace sweet Velvet.

Love from Sas and her Miley girl kitty

Daisylover
03-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.....I really appreciate your messages. I have to admit I hesitated to post his passing....I did not do that for Sammy Wam and Casey. I guess I thought it might look like I was feeling sorry for myself.....and I was!!!!

I have to admit I was wrong though....you all made me feel a bit better. Thanks for your loving thoughts! You guys are a great support system!

AdoreMyDogs
03-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Daisylover
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.....I really appreciate your messages. I have to admit I hesitated to post his passing....I did not do that for Sammy Wam and Casey. I guess I thought it might look like I was feeling sorry for myself.....and I was!!!!

I have to admit I was wrong though....you all made me feel a bit better. Thanks for your loving thoughts! You guys are a great support system!

Oh I would never EVER feel that way about you! When anyone loses a furfriend, they have every right to talk about it. The outpouring of love and sympothy makes it just a little bit easier. I, for one, know how horrible it is to lose a furfriend, and most everyone here has felt the pain of a loss of a beloved furfriend. We all understand and support you in your loss. I hope you are finding peace and comfort in your other bunnies, and the grief of losing Velvet is lessened with each day.

-Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion

shais_mom
03-04-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs

Oh I would never EVER feel that way about you! When anyone loses a furfriend, they have every right to talk about it. The outpouring of love and sympothy makes it just a little bit easier. I, for one, know how horrible it is to lose a furfriend, and most everyone here has felt the pain of a loss of a beloved furfriend. We all understand and support you in your loss. I hope you are finding peace and comfort in your other bunnies, and the grief of losing Velvet is lessened with each day.

-Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion
I agree with Leslie and her furkids, we are your friend, tho I don't know you very well, I certainly DO NOT think less of your feelings over losing a bunny simply b/c you didn't post about the others. You do what you are comfortable with, and their is NO reason to feel guilty AT ALL.
You had Velvet for 9 years and that is a LONG time! I only had my beloved Shaianne for less than 2 years and my heart still aches for her. I can't imagine what you are going thru.
I am glad you are feeling better and please turn to us anytime!! :)

Heather Wallace
03-04-2003, 12:42 PM
I couldn't have coped if I hadn't had the support when Gem and especially when Ebony died. Noone else really understood how I felt.

popcornbird
03-04-2003, 02:52 PM
OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Velvet was a gorgeous bunny. :( May he R.I.P. :( He lived a long and happy life with you and you gave him the best life you could. I'm sure Velvet is very grateful. :(

Cookiebaker
03-05-2003, 06:44 AM
I am so sorry for your loss of Velvet. Rest in Peace, dear sweet bunny! :(

03-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Rest in Peace , sweet Velvet !!
Message sent in name of my Billie-girl
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/new%20of%20Billie%201.jpg

Logan
03-05-2003, 07:18 AM
Velvet was a beautiful bunny, daisylover. Nine years was a wonderful, long life, but not long enough for you, I'm sure. Thank you for providing such a wonderful, loving home all those years. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Logan

Aspen and Misty
03-05-2003, 09:22 AM
O I am so sorry ::hug:: He is at the rainbow bridge waiting for you.

Ash

slick
03-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh Daisylover, I rarely come to this side but something led me here. I'm soooo sorry for your loss. It's so good that you were with him during the time of passing. He's now healthy and happy and waiting for you at the RB. What a good mommy you are!