PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Addition!

Dakota's Mommy
03-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to post a thread on here to let everybody know that our family grew yesterday by the addition of a 2 month old Lab mix that we rescued from the cities Animal Control facility. Sierra, we believe that we will name her that (but not positive yet), came home with Brian and I yesterday and we're working on getting her adjusted now. Upon arriving at home on Sunday, Destiny and Dakota seem to be getting along with her just fine. She's so much smaller than them, it's weird. Dakota acts like she's not so sure about this because the puppy is so small. Destiny, however, won't let the poor little one breath. She wants to be right there with her at all times. Even when the puppy is sleeping, Destiny will come up every 5 minutes just to check on the puppy. It's cute, but kind of annoying. The puppy seems to be adjusting well, but I guess I'll know for sure when I get home for lunch and can check on her again.

Again, she is a little lab mix, but we're note sure what she's mixed with. She's mostly black but a little spot of white on two toes on one foot and a patch of white on her chest. She's such a cutie. She reminded us of my sister's pup Sadie when we got her, but after looking at Sadie's baby pics, we can tell our girl has less white and is smaller than Sadie was. We're looking forward to seeing how she grows and hoping that we get her adjusted and trained fairly quickly for our sake! I don't have any pics of her yet, but as soon as we finish the roll off we will try to get them developed and then I will get them scanned in!

primabella
03-03-2003, 11:38 AM
oh, how adorable! :D congratulations :) does she have a name yet? she sounds adorable. post pics soon, please :D

micki76
03-03-2003, 11:46 AM
I sure wish I could smell that puppy breath through the computer!!!
Yay for you guys!!!! A new Pet Talkin' pup!!!:D

robinh
03-03-2003, 12:05 PM
I'm jealous - I want another puppy! Dick says no - that we have enough already. ( :( ) Oh well.

Seriously, congratulations on the addition to the family. I'm sure Destiny and Dakota will make sure to take good care of their new sister. And I'll bet they fill her in on all the ways Mom and Dad spoil their kids. She couldn't have found a better home!!
:D :D :D

Tanya&Fritz
03-03-2003, 12:18 PM
That's great news! Pictures!!!!

tomkatzid
03-03-2003, 12:26 PM
She sounds wonderful.:D Bring on the pictures:)

Tina
03-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Congrats!! She sounds so wonderful and cute!! Can't wait to see new pictures of your new girl!

lovemyshiba
03-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures of her. It really sounds like everyone is getting along great--I'm sure they'll all have so much fun together!!!!

Desert Arabian
03-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Lab mix-:D :D :D :D :D :D
Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures, must see pictures! :D

Cincy'sMom
03-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

"S" is my dogs though...you have "D"'s. Or is this a gift for me? You shouldn't have ;)

Jessica12345
03-03-2003, 04:05 PM
what wonderful news!:D She sounds so adorible. congrats! I cant wait to see pics and hear more about this wonderful baby! lab mix? awww! :) to bad my parents wont let us get any more puppys. lol if i could have it my way i would have 7 little dogs:D lol. congrats again on the new adition! hope she brings a ton of joy to you for many years to come!:)

Ann
03-03-2003, 04:11 PM
That's great! I'm so glad you took her in so she can have a safe and good home :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics ;)

tatsxxx11
03-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Welcome to your new home, Sierra!!!:) You sound like such a cutie! Labbie mix...:D What fun you and Destiny and Dakota will have! Ahhhh, puppy breath! I'm so jealous!;) PICTURES PLEASE!!

jenluckenbach
03-03-2003, 06:09 PM
congratualtions.

captain
03-03-2003, 10:51 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh gorgeous!

I have to agree with "Auntie Cincy" - should really have a "D" name, or she can claim Sierra as a gift!!! :)

Post pics soon, we all would love to see.

shais_mom
03-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Congratulations, I hope to see pics soon and hear about her from Grandma and Aunt Amy!!!

Dakota's Mommy
03-04-2003, 09:52 AM
Well, the second night went pretty well! We got a couple of pics but we took them with the polaroid so they're not that good! Anyways, Brian said that when he got home for lunch, he realize that he had accidentally left the bedroom door open and that Sierra was up on the bed! We can't figure out how she got up there unless Dakota put her up there, or she stepped on Dakota to get her up there. Knowing our girls, she problably dug her claws in and climbed up. Anyways, Dakota protested a little when she peed on Sierra's new bed and then by swatting at her causing Sierra to go sliding across the floor when Sierra bit Dakota's tail. I can't blame Dakota for peeing on her bed though because everytime I see Sierra peeing in the house it's on Dakota's bed. So, the beds are clean now and everybodies doing pretty good.

Last night, Brian got home and couldn't find the puppy. He and our neighbor across the street looking under furniture and through cabinets looking for the puppy. It turns out, she jumped onto the couch and hid in the back corned behind a bunch of pillows just leaving her nose to be peaking out from the top of the pillows in front of her. What a goofy girl! We kept her really busy last night so that we could actually sleep through the night and it worked out well. I only woke up at 6 am to the sound of her next to me and curling up on her bed. I went to put her out, only to realize the only reason she got up was to go potty and she had done that in the living room. So, when we came back in, she went into the bed with daddy and I cleaned up the poop. She was ready to go back to sleep even while sharing a bed with mom, dad, Destiny & Dakota (no, our girls normally don't get to sleep on the bed when we are). So, things are going pretty well. She's yelped a few times because the girls are so much bigger than her to she got hurt playing, but she is fine and I hope their learning. If not, she'll be bigger soon, but I'm sure that they are learning!
Sierra
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p0a239d1a74e41de8796e10ee644a9f9b/fc8e0c62.jpg
Sierra & Mommy (I know I look terrible in the pic!)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p9a957eee238c238b30c61b672c07ab70/fc8e0c64.jpg
More pics should be coming fairly soon! Better ones too!

anna_66
03-04-2003, 01:41 PM
CONGRATULATIONS & Welcome to Pet Talk Sierra!!

She looks like such a cutie pie, & gotta love that sweet "puppy breath"!
I feel for you dealing with the 'poo' and all, but aren't puppies just the greatest:D
I hope everyone can adjust well, good luck!

Don't worry Amy, you get to be auntie to another cutie (so when you see them, you get to spoil them rotten & then give them back to mommy;))

Dakota's Mommy
03-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Don't worry Amy, you get to be auntie to another cutie (so when you see them, you get to spoil them rotten & then give them back to mommy)

True, but I get to do the same to Sadie and Cincy (not that I haven't in the past)!!!!!!!

lovemyshiba
03-04-2003, 02:45 PM
OMG!! Sierra is gorgeous!! I just love her!!
Give her some kisses from me!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-04-2003, 04:06 PM
AWWWW!! She's got a bare little belly like Cincy!!! She's too cute!!!

ChrisH
03-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Congratulations! she is a real cutie. :)

chris

delidog
03-04-2003, 07:19 PM
OH!!!!HOW EXCITING!!!!!

My how your family grows!!!!!!!!

This is not fair!!!!You have 3...now I'll have to have 3!!!!!(At least thats' what I'm telling John!!!!...do ya' think he'll bite???)Congratulations on your new Pupper!!!!!!!
we always love new members of the Pet Talk family....

Thank Destiny for being such a good step-mom!!!!
Ask Dear,Sweet Dakotah to look down before Putting her Paws down!!!:) Sierra will be catching up REAL SOON!!!!

Oh And All That PUPPY BREATH!!!!!!

CAn you PLease Bottle some for us?!?!?!?!;) :) :D

P.S.
Where are her SPOTS again????

captain
03-04-2003, 07:23 PM
Yes, I wondered where her spots were too!!! :D

Must be hidden - check her belly again .....:)

delidog
03-04-2003, 07:58 PM
I know...Sierra is "The Contrast Puppy" of the Family!!!!!

Right,Captain????????

One needs a little contrast so ones' head doesn't swim with SPOTS!!!!!!;) :) :D

captain
03-04-2003, 08:12 PM
Ok - I will agree with you, but one can never have too many SPOTS :D

What...? Me biased ......?

delidog
03-04-2003, 08:29 PM
No Not You........;) :)

Gotta Love those SPOTTIES!!!!;) :) :D

RockyRoad
03-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Just saw this thread:
Congrats on the new puppy! :) She is adorable! :)

wolf_Q
03-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Congratulations! Sierra is adorable!! Can't wait for more pics! :D

primabella
03-05-2003, 09:14 AM
oops, didn't see the pics before :o

adorable puppy! congrats! :)