PDA

View Full Version : Zingo the amazing

trinity
03-03-2003, 11:19 AM
My husband and I have been feeding some strays in the neighborhood each night. We put a bowl of dry food on the porch, and then bring in the bowl the next morning. Bringing it in keeps the birds from leaving their mark on our front porch....normally when we bring it in we put the bowl (and whatever food is left) in the microwave for safe keeping so none of our guys get it and finish it off. Last Friday I actually had something in the microwave so we needed somewhere else for the food...hmmm...took a few seconds but I said to my husband "Put it in the toaster over. Same idea, it will be fine.":rolleyes: We came home from work and I went straight into the dining room but he detoured into the kitchen...and statred laughing himself silly. When I walked into the kitchen what greeted me was an open toaster oven, the bowl halfway out, and cat food all over the counter as well as under the toaster oven and in the sink. Zingo walked into the kitchen as we were both standing there laughing our fool heads off and just had the "Yup, I did it!" look on his face. So be careful, cats can open toaster ovens.....:eek:

ramanth
03-03-2003, 11:26 AM
LOL!!!

My mom keeps the bread in the microwave or else the cats will rip it open and eat their fill.

Barbara
03-03-2003, 11:37 AM
In cats intelligence and the love of food are in close connection. The more they love it, the cleverer they are in opening cupboards, ovens, fridges etc.:D

jenluckenbach
03-03-2003, 12:47 PM
LOL
I am always putting food items in the microwave for safe keeping.
Guess I'll stay away from the toaster oven. hee hee

NoahsMommy
03-03-2003, 01:36 PM
That is so funny!!! What a smart kitty....I wont let our cats see this thread...Noel may get an idea. :)