PDA

View Full Version : Official Michigan Couch Potato

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:18 AM
Here is a picture of an official Michigan Couch Potato. Her name is Ashley and she is my SIL's dog, a "mutt" if you will (don't know what kinda mix she actually is). She's about 12 years old. I take her for walks. My SIL is too busy doting on the UPS's Alaskan Malamute puppy, Samantha. It's pathetic and I get angry :mad: that this woman spends more time and money on someone else's dog :eek: and that he actually ALLOWS it!!!

Ashley's a sweetheart and looks forward to our walks.

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:20 AM
Here's another picture of Ashley.

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Here is Ashley's competition. While I agree she's adorable, she is a big PEST!!! My SIL takes this dog to puppy obedience EVERY Sunday (why I don't know since it's not HER dog) and lets the dog stay in her Travel Agency during the day on weekdays. The dog jumps on customers, bites at shoes and is unruly. While I understand she's only 4 months old and will eventually grow out of it, my SIL is running a BUSINESS and her customers and staff have complained. She just doesn't get it. And she complains about MY cats!!!! UGH!!!:mad: :mad:

The dog's owner's partner had a point when he said "Why bother getting a dog if someone else is going to raise her??" Good point, I wish she'd take it.

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:28 AM
Samantha's eyes are so beautiful. And she knows it. I "dog sat" for my SIL while she and her husband went to a basketball game. Sam cried for an hour!!! I can't wait to see what happens when she finally has to go to her own home and has separation anxiety because she thinks my SIL is her owner.

wolf_Q
03-03-2003, 10:32 AM
That dog doesn't look like an Alaskan Malamute to me---Looks like a Siberian Husky! Malamutes don't have blue eyes! I've never heard of a pure white malamute either. How big is she?

They are both adorable!

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Wolf_Q, you're right, she IS a Siberian Huskey. Since I have cats, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to breeds. She's gonna be a big dog. Her paws are HUGE!!

wolf_Q
03-03-2003, 10:37 AM
LOL ok then it looks like she's an official Siberian Pain-in-the-A$$ hehehe I LOVE Siberian Huskies, and that dog is absolutely gorgeous...I'd take her in a heartbeat...but they are not the dog for everyone! Oh, and if she's a purebred husky, she shouldn't get too big...they are supposed to be 45-60 lbs....Nebo's 51...more of a medium sized dog. :) He had huge paws as a pup also.

And Ashley is such a cutie! I don't know what mix she is either, but it looks like she has some lab in her!

micki76
03-03-2003, 10:39 AM
Poor Ashley. :( At least she has you. :)

ramanth
03-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Both Dogs are adorable. Poor Ashley.

I agree Donna. How could you own a dog and then just let someone else have it to train it!?

That dog will definatley think your SIL is it's owner and freak out when she's returned. Sad.

lovemyshiba
03-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Both dogs are cuties--Ashely looks so sweet!!!
I hope the dog doesn't suffer too much separation anxiety when it is returned to the owner--sounds like it might--poor pur

Cincy'sMom
03-03-2003, 03:43 PM
Adorable pics! I'm glad Ashley has you!! How is she with other dogs? wouls she like to come to the doggie park with you?

Jessica12345
03-03-2003, 04:09 PM
too cute!:D

Tina
03-03-2003, 04:47 PM
They are both adorable!! It is such a same though that your SIL treats the little husky puppy more like her own dog ,then her dog Ashley. That is so sad. At least Ashley has you though:)

primabella
03-03-2003, 04:57 PM
they are both adorable :D

moosmom
03-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Cincy's Mom,

I'm sure she'd LOVE to go. I'll mention it to my SIL. She won't care. Ashley has been having a few problems with her back legs (I think she may have arthiritis in her legs). But she'd love to go bye-bye in the car. She does get along with other dogs. She loves the puppy too.

Wolf_Q - LOL!! She really is.

Ashley is a great dog and just wants to be loved. I try to make up for my SIL's neglect.