PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else....

wolf_Q
03-03-2003, 12:52 AM
...Have their heart stop for half a second when the "You have received a new private message" thing pops up on Pet Talk??

I'm always afraid to open it...usually I'm getting chewed out again! :eek: I'm always thinking, "Crap, what did I do now?"

Of course.....it makes it all better when you receive the nice ones!! :D

All Creatures Great And Small
03-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Yes, that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, especially when they're coming from people you KNOW are trouble. I also can't stand it when you take something "off the board", to spare everyone the agony of reading it, and then the other person talks about your PM's on the board anyway. It's like, if I wanted this on the board, I would have posted...........:rolleyes: But I agree, I have received some really wonderful and sometimes unexpected PM's from Pet Talkers!

(Gee, I guess we just shouldn't make anybody mad on PT!) ;)

Soledad
03-03-2003, 01:00 AM
I feel the same, Wolf Q. I guess we've both had some pretty crappy PMs. :rolleyes:

I get kind of upset when I send PMs that try to establish some sort of understanding and they either don't get read or don't get answered. So much for trying to be nice!!:(

Nomilynn
03-03-2003, 01:02 AM
I've never had a nasty PM yet, so I always think "yippee.. mail!!" But I would feel different if I got a mean one. I try to respond to every one I get too, but I don't usually get a PM unless I send one first. And that isn't very often.

COCatMama
03-03-2003, 01:06 AM
hee hee hee I get that same feeling

popcornbird
03-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Me two! Then when I click on it, and I see the sender, either it is YIPPEE! A friend!

If its the other way, I'm like OH NO, OH NO, OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *gulp*

To tell you the truth though, I haven't had many mean PM's. Most are nice/friendly ones. Some are requests. And once in the blue moon, I get a mean one. :(

Ps. Amy, when you PM me, I get happy! :p

03-03-2003, 02:14 AM
Lucky me ! I must say I haven't got any mean pm's yet . And I hope it will stay like that !!
So , hey , I LOVE pm's !!!!!!!!!!;) :D

Former User
03-03-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
...Have their heart stop for half a second when the "You have received a new private message" thing pops up on Pet Talk??
I'm always afraid to open it...usually I'm getting chewed out again! :eek: I'm always thinking, "Crap, what did I do now?"
Of course.....it makes it all better when you receive the nice ones!! :D

I can relate yes, I even had to put the PM option off for few months because some people thought they were moderators and told me what I can do here and what I can't. Majority of the PM's I've gotten the past few months have been negative, I wonder why, because I'm hardly ever here anymore :rolleyes: compared to what it used to be.

marysmerrycats
03-03-2003, 05:37 AM
I've never received any mean pm's, hope I never do:rolleyes:

Logan
03-03-2003, 07:21 AM
I've never gotten a bad one either, thank goodness! I think it might only take one to upset me enough to shut off the PM for good. I'm sorry for those of you who have gotten repeated bad ones, but in a way, I guess I'm glad when people choose to leave really negative comments privately instead of on the message board. At least you have the power to "delete" immediately! And you can't do that on the message board. :p

cali
03-03-2003, 08:11 AM
I have not had any PMs on this board but on anouther board I had received a really nasty PM calling me a spoiled brat in dire need of psycological help :confused: and saying what I did was mean and unessisary I was like huh? :confused: cuz I did not do anything mean, so I was like what the h*ll are you talken about? then of coarse the reply I got was calling me a lier and a lot of other mean stuff, then I was kicked off the board still not having any idea what I did:eek: sheesh, turns out my computer had been hacked and the person sent a nasty e-mail calling the person a murderer:eek: and the one who was PMing me was a friend and the person who received the e-mail:eek: anywho my dad set up a firwall and cought the hacker so I am back on the board:) unfortinatly people still think I did this and take everything I say as an insult or a mean comment:rolleyes:

primabella
03-03-2003, 08:13 AM
oh sorry to hear that cali. that's a pretty depressing story. i hate hackers. once i was trying to get onto pet talk but i couldn't. somebody had hacked into the petoftheday.com page and there was a page about iraq and the war instead :confused: maybe it was just my computer..??

i am always 'scared' to open my PM's because i never know what to expect :p

moosmom
03-03-2003, 10:12 AM
I agree with Naomi. I have never received a bad or nasty PM so I actually get excited when I get PM's.

marysmerrycats
03-03-2003, 11:27 AM
primebella
no it was not just your computer, I remember that! I emailed Karen and told her, and there is a thread about it..I will try to find it..

primabella
03-03-2003, 11:39 AM
really? that's good to know that my computer is not bring hacked into. thanks :)

iceyshiver21
03-03-2003, 12:26 PM
I dont have a sinking feeling because Ive only ever got one bad pm so i dont have that problem!

NoahsMommy
03-03-2003, 12:44 PM
That is horrible that someone would even send a mean message in the first place. :mad: My goodness!

I love getting PMs....I've met a lot of really, really wonderful people here, so I'm always excited to get that popup! :)

RockyRoad
03-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one that did that! My heart always jumps when I get a PM, but I haven't gotten a bad one in ages. I have disabled PMs a few times because of PMs I have got in the past. I'm sorry for anyone who has goten bad PMs as well.
But now if I ever get a bad PM, I approach it with optimisum. That way the sender knows they are not getting to me.:)

Kfamr
03-03-2003, 01:52 PM
Sometimes i do. Sometimes i just laugh because alot of the PMs are just moronic jibber jabber. My favorite PM is from Karen when she told me my Nelly was gunna be pet of the day :D

Tanya&Fritz
03-03-2003, 02:42 PM
I haven't had a bad PM yet...

lovemyshiba
03-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
My favorite PM is from Karen when she told me my Nelly was gunna be pet of the day :D

:D :D That's hilarious!!
It always surprises me a little, but I have never recieved a mean one (actually I only started using pm a few weeks ago). I think it's kind of cool--dorky, I know!!

iceyshiver21
03-03-2003, 08:36 PM
IM SO SORRY!!! If I gave some of you a heart attack!! Hehe when I sent you all a GOOD pm!! :)

COCatMama
03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
:P Icey

wolf_Q
03-03-2003, 11:58 PM
LOL...gee thanks guys...so far I've received 4 "surprise" pms and counting....:rolleyes: hehehe

boscibo
03-04-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm like - "What are you guys talking about- pop-ups?" :confused: then I realized I have the pop-up notification turned OFF. I have to look at the bottom of the page to see if I have any new PMs, and sometimes I forget. So if anyone sends me a PM and I don't respond for awhile, that's because I forgot to look.

But so far I have only gotten good PMs. :)