PDA

View Full Version : Thread Of The Year - 2000

Freckles
03-02-2003, 12:38 PM
At Randi's suggestion let's find your favorite threads for year 2000.

If you each post 1 - 3 titles here, we could have it running until March 10th - or a bit longer, and I will set up a poll with the 10 most popular threads, and then we vote.

Note: The thread has to have been started in 2000.

My suggestions are:
Rub*Zap*Ouch (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3415&highlight=zap)
Help - how do I help a paralysed dog (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3632&highlight=paral%2A)
Good Bye, Bella (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3498&highlight=help%2A)
The last two are not happy, but were active threads in the year 2000. Remember, there are less than six months of posts.

Freckles
03-02-2003, 01:19 PM
And here, I think is the all-time favorite!!!Frito-feet (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2619)

Any others? Please?

shais_mom
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
I vote for Frito Feet!

03-03-2003, 04:07 AM
Hi! I joined February 25 2002 , so I had never seen this threads before .. ! Oh my , that story about Bella really touched me deeply ...! Is that person (forgot name ..) not on PT anymore ? I hope she is doing fine !

Pam
03-03-2003, 06:07 AM
I vote for Goodbye Bella but the story also starts out in the Paralyzed Dog thread too. These both were special threads for me because I first became acquainted with the name Bella from that brave little doggie in those threads. Bella's human was a big hero in my eyes. She tried everything possible to help that sweetie.

Later on when I brought my little puppy home from the breeder and we were thinking of names, my husband suggested Bella out of a clear blue sky! I was so stunned because, although I had told him about the poor little dog in these threads, I had never mentioned the name. My Bella is honored to carry the same name as that special doggie who is now romping freely and whole at the RB.

Cookiebaker
03-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I vote for Goodbye Bella but the story also starts out in the Paralyzed Dog thread too. These both were special threads for me because I first became acquainted with the name Bella from that brave little doggie in those threads. Bella's human was a big hero in my eyes. She tried everything possible to help that sweetie.

Later on when I brought my little puppy home from the breeder and we were thinking of names, my husband suggested Bella out of a clear blue sky! I was so stunned because, although I had told him about the poor little dog in these threads, I had never mentioned the name. My Bella is honored to carry the same name as that special doggie who is now romping freely and whole at the RB.

Wow! That is so special that your Bella carries her name!! When I first saw it, I thought it was referring to your Bella, too.

I only joined a few months ago, so I am not real familiar with threads back to 2000. :(

Logan
03-03-2003, 09:34 AM
I remember the Bella saga all too well, Joan. What a heroine her mom was (wasn't her name Alison?).

I prefer for my favorite to be a "happy" thread. It would definitely be Sandra's Frito Feet thread. That's the most memorable of all time for me, and definitely my all time favorite!!!! I especially loved the reaction from Carrie on it. Made the whole thing even more fun!!!! :)

Jessica12345
03-03-2003, 06:58 PM
wasnt here then, but that frito feet it funny:D

Freckles
03-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Hey, Jessica, it's ok to go back and read those earlier posts. I've included links for those I suggested. There's no rule you had to be a member when a favorite thread started.:D :D :D

Freckles
03-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Joke thread was started in 2002.

aly
03-05-2003, 01:35 PM
I would like to vote for Goodbye Bella too. I know its sad, but as Pam said, it just shows the strength, courage, and great lengths Alison was willing to go to for her baby.

zippy-kat
03-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Can I vote twice?
Goodbye Bella and Frito Feet

tatsxxx11
03-06-2003, 05:36 AM
Gee, so many happy, silly, touching threads. I really can't compare such a heartfelt, emotionally wrenching thread such as Bella'swith Frito Feet, which was SO silly and light hearted.

I have to vote:
Goodybye Bella for most moving
Frito Feet for funniest (NOT because I started it...actually didn't think it was that funny...but because of all of YOUR hysterical replies!!:D)

Though "Blue Rhino Has Passed Away" comes in a close second as funniest, for me!:D
The Death of Blue Rhino (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthr...ight=blue+rhino )

P.S...OK, I give in and confess to my ignorance...can someone please tell me how to convert an alphanumeric thread address to a phrase, title, etc? I know Phred posted a tutorial somewhere!

slleipnir
03-11-2003, 10:32 AM
lol, I was going to say Frito feet too, a lot of ppl seemed to enjoy that one :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
03-12-2003, 02:54 AM
I vote Frito Feet!

03-12-2003, 05:15 AM
I vote "frito feet" and "goodbye Bella" !

anna_66
03-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Sorry, but I have to say Frito Feet was my all time favorite!

Freckles
03-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Paul and Karen have tidied up PetTalk, so let's think again about those special threads for 2000.
Either find and nominate some new ones, or vote for threads already posted. Not sure if we have ten yet, but let's try.
:) :)

Freckles
03-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
"Blue Rhino Has Passed Away" comes in a close second as funniest, for me!:D

This was in 2001:(