PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one NOT looking forward to spring?

Ann
03-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Seems like everyone's looking forward for spring cept me :(

Sure, I love seeing all the plants and flowers bloom again but I have birch pollen allergy >_< I hate it! I can't go out without having my eyes go all itchy and runny, my nose get stuffed and have a hard time breathing (and even if I stay inside I feel miserable). And to top it off I can't use my contact lenses during the allergy season; aaarrgghh!

Does anyone else here have pollen allergies?

Former User
03-02-2003, 05:51 AM
I don't have allergies, but I don't look forward to spring either. I just don't like the idea that the hot and steamy summer is about to start then, yuck!
My husband has pollen allergies, and it's not fun to watch him sneeze all the time and having his eyes leaking.

jenluckenbach
03-02-2003, 05:55 AM
i cannot even imagine what it is like to have allergies. I am certain it is awful. But YES, I am looking forward to spring. I'v had it up to my eyeballs with cold and snow.

03-02-2003, 06:38 AM
I don't have those allergies . But I know it can be so very annoying to have a runny nose and itchy eyes , on the same moment where all your friends are saying what a great weather it is . There was a girl like you in my class in high school , so that's where I learned all about it !
My kids both have allergies too . My son Jo had it even badly when he was still a toddler ; he was in hospital several times ! But with growing up , he grew out of it . Lucky him hey!!
Our daughter Indra is allergic to that "dust-bug" , whatever it is called . She needs to take "Zyrtec" to fight it .

neko1
03-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Yes I am looking forward to spring
Yes I have allergies.
The minute the tree pollen starts, I'm in agony. It continues all through the summer, and fall.
But I'm so sick of this crappy snow- I hate it- and being cold.

Christiansmommy
03-02-2003, 08:15 AM
I too have bad allergies...but i am sick of all of this snow...i yearn for green grass and flowers...i might start on Claritan this spring if the allergies get bad enough...i am allergic to pseudophedrine and that is in most allergy meds...so i would have to be put on Claritan w/o the pseuodophedrine ingriedient...it surely sucks to have allergies!

HoRsELUvR
03-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Sometimes I get a little sneezy and I get dry eyes but it doesn't usually bother me too much.im sorry that your allergies are so annoying though.

RockyRoad
03-02-2003, 10:01 AM
I am allergic to pollen. I can't use my contacts either. It's annoying because it affects my eyes the most. I hate it! :(

lovemyshiba
03-02-2003, 10:32 AM
I have allergies in the springtime also, but I cannot wait for spring.

I am so sick of this snow, snow and more snow, followed by cold and freezing--I want to open the sunroof on my car, and be able to go out without a huge coat on!!!

Ann
03-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I do take Clarityn pills and eye drops but it still is really bad.

Sorry to hear so many others have allergies too! I feel with you :(

I actually love winter, but the roads have been way icey lately (there's almost not a day I don't fall off my bike on my way to school >_<) so in a way it'll be good to have it melt I guess.

COCatMama
03-02-2003, 11:18 AM
I sneeze.......alot all year round!!! I try not to take anti allergy pills because you build up a resistance to them after awhile, and they stop working!