PDA

View Full Version : PT reunion in Connecticut

Albea
02-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Since Donna (Moosemom) is coming to Connecticut next week, we have been talking about a mini-PT meeting on Saturday, March 15th. Anybody who could make it is invited to my house for early afternoon tea. How about it Karen, Paul, Sandra, and any other hardy Yankees willing to drive to CT?
Let us know by post or PM.
Alicia

Rooroo
02-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Since I just saw this... (sorry to hijack).... Where in CT are you from.. and do you know of any good trainers or obedience schools??

Karen
02-28-2003, 02:51 PM
We would LOVE to go! We will absolutely come, and it will be such fun! A new Pet Talk gathering in the works ... where in Connecticut are you?

Karen
02-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey, any New Hampshirites thinking of coming?

Logan
02-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Ooooooooooh, I am so envious!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! :)

delidog
03-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Wow!!!What fun!!!!
Don't forget the Pictures!?!?!?!?!

Cookiebaker
03-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Hey, any New Hampshirites thinking of coming?

*ears perk up* Can we come too? Sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Albea
03-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Karen
We would LOVE to go! We will absolutely come, and it will be such fun! A new Pet Talk gathering in the works ... where in Connecticut are you?
Great!!! I'm in the northeast corner of CT. Mass Pike and Rt.84 will bring you here very easily. I'll send directions by e-mail or PM to everybody who wants to come.

Albea
03-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Rooroo
Since I just saw this... (sorry to hijack).... Where in CT are you from.. and do you know of any good trainers or obedience schools??
It's been a very long time since I took my dogs to obedience classes. Carina is ten... I'll do some research and let you know.

moosmom
03-01-2003, 09:57 AM
That would be SOOOOOO cool to meet fellow PT members.!! Don't forget everyone, BRING PICTURES!! I will also bring my digital camera with plenty of batteries. :D

Rooroo
03-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks Albea...

I am located in Danbury... and am interested in finding out where to train my dog!! I'd appreciate a point in the right Direction
!!

Karen
03-01-2003, 11:46 AM
Northeast Connecticut? Wow! That's not far from where I grew up! (Oxford, MA, my brother lives one town south in Webster, which is on the CT border) I'll go look at your map now ...

Who's coming? This'll be so fun! Do you need us to bring anything?

moosmom
03-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Yippeeeee!!!!! Mayor Karen and Paul are coming. Does this mean I get a key to city??? :D :confused:

The more the merrier!!

Karen
03-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Silly Donna Moosmom - there are no locked doors in Pettalkville - so no key to the city to be had! :) :D

I think Miss Hoppy believes all car rides end at the Vet's office, so she will not attend, but Paul and I will be there!

moosmom
03-01-2003, 04:13 PM
Karen,

Oh yeah, I forgot :rolleyes: Lots of hugs will be fine. Looking forward to it!

neko1
03-01-2003, 04:19 PM
Wow sounds like fun! wish I could go!

Karen
03-01-2003, 04:24 PM
I just checked mapblast.com, and they say it'd just be a "2 hours, 51 minutes" drive from West Milford, NJ to Willimantic, CT ...

Why not come? :)

Albea
03-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi all!
Please don't worry if I don't post in this thread or any other one for a couple of days. I'm not running away to join the circus.;) It's just that I got an envelope with over 150 names of donors to Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue yesterday and I have to get all those "thank you" cards ready for mailing by Wednesday.
Everything is still on for the 15th. at about 2PM. And again, everybody who can make it will be welcome. Let me know where you're coming from and I'll send detailed directions.
Alicia

Vermontcat
03-02-2003, 03:33 PM
You guys have fun, I grew up in SW CT and my parents still live there,
they plan to come up to Vermont that weekend to visit so I won't be heading to Ct until Easter probably!
I did get to meet Sasvermont and she is even nicer in person! She and Miley are doing just fine,
they have each other and I even got to meet that cute little dog keeping them company.:)

Rooroo, I may be able to help you find a dog trainer.
My brother and his wife live in Norwalk and they have a dog who is about 3 now and she is very well trained, she is great with their baby.
I sent them an e-mail asking for info on dog trainers in your area, I will PM it to you when I get it.

Albea
03-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Well, I'm back, and the 150+ "thank you" cards for Yanke Rescue donors are mailed as of this morning.
Has anybody else decided to come while I was gone?
So far Donna, Karen and Paul will be here for sure, Sandra will make the trip if she can get away.
Hope to hear from more PT friends before the 15th.