PDA

View Full Version : God Bless Mr. Rogers

catmandu
02-28-2003, 09:32 AM
I sent a letter to the late Mr . Rogers , asking him to do a show on caring for dogs and cats. not only did he do the shows , explaining in his wonderful way that your pets have feelings , and not to tease them , and why , but took the time to send a hand written letter thanking me for the idea! he was such a good influence on the young ones , never talking down to them , but right to them, and everyso often he would take the time to remind his young viewers about the importance of kindness to the Animals that we live with. God Bless and Keep Your Soul , Mr . Rogers.

Pam
02-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Catmandu that was so sweet of him but not surprising really. He came across as so genuine on the show and his love for children shined through. What a nice thing to send you that personal note! I said in another thread that he was one of a kind and he certainly was. I wish there were more shows like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood on TV. I hope his show will continue to be rerun for many years. I would love for my grandson to get to grow up with Mr. Rogers just as my own children did.

Edwina's Secretary
02-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Catmandu --

What a neat story! Due to my age, general non-television viewing youth, and non-parental status....I was not familiar with Mr. Rogers until I saw the Saturday Night Live skit with Eddie Murphy. Then I had to watch the REAL Mr. Rogers.

He was such a gentle and kind man. A handwritten note. WOW...

slick
02-28-2003, 11:23 AM
I grew up with Mr. Rogers and although he's been made fun of over the years he's been instrumental in the education of children. I believe that human's go the RB as well and I'm know he's playing with all the furbabies up there! Rest in peace Fred for you are no longer in pain!