PDA

View Full Version : Findlay Dog Park?

Cincy'sMom
02-27-2003, 04:32 PM
I know it seems a little silly now, with 10 inches of snow on the ground, but I'm thinking ahead :) My sister (Dakota'sMommy)will be in Ohio the last weekend of March (29th and 30th) and we were wondering if anyone was interested in a meeting sometime that weekend at the Dog Park. Sundays are better for me, but either day could work. Unfortunatly Destiny and Dakota won't be making this trip, but Christy was hoping to get to meet some of the dgs she is always hearing about anyways :)

Kfamr
02-27-2003, 09:29 PM
aww wish i could come....

wow... i never knew about that [what it says in your sig] it always seems like the tan doggies are the most we have here....but then again, florida doggies may have better tans :p

shais_mom
02-27-2003, 11:33 PM
OH darnit!!! I have to work that weekend!!! But If there are enough people coming I will switch shifts and get off by 330pm

AdoreMyDogs
02-28-2003, 06:33 AM
I'll come! Sunday's are much better for me also. Kimmy, do you want to ride with me again?

anna_66
02-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Sounds like another fun trip to the park for the girls, they will be excited! Staci, hope you get to make it!

Dakota's Mommy
02-28-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure if Amy mentioned it or not, but it would have to be on Sunday because I don't fly in until Saturday sometime and then I fly back out on Tuesday. So, over the weekend, Sunday is probably the only day that will work for me. I'm really hoping this works out because I"m looking forward to meeting many of you and your pets. I really wish I could bring my girls, but there's just no way that it's feasible for us right now. One day, however, they will be back in their parents home state of Ohio and they too will get to meet everybody.

ramanth
02-28-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
I'll come! Sunday's are much better for me also. Kimmy, do you want to ride with me again?
That would be cool! :D

BTW... is this the park that needs the $10 pass and fee? I finally got a letter from the vet saying Kia is in good health. I'm gonna mail out a check soon. :D

Also, Andy was thinking of having you guys come visit at the Bark Park this summer. We've got lots of friends locally that now have dogs. :)

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

BTW... is this the park that needs the $10 pass and fee? I finally got a letter from the vet saying Kia is in good health. I'm gonna mail out a check soon. :D

Also, Andy was thinking of having you guys come visit at the Bark Park this summer. We've got lots of friends locally that now have dogs. :)

That's the right park...and they are quick about getting passes out...I mailed mine in last Tuesday and had the pass 3 days later!!!

We would love to come up to the Bark Park sometime this summer! I think the girls would like the water :)

shais_mom
02-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Ditto! I would love to come to the Bark Park also!!
When we decide on a time, I can probably arrange to leave early. Like around 1 or so and be at the Park by 2pm or 230 at the latest.

anna_66
03-01-2003, 07:58 AM
We'd love to come to your park too Kim! I don't think the girls would like the water, but who knows, they might surprise me!

moosmom
03-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I know that I missed the last trip in November. And I also know that you guys have dogs, but can I come??? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee??? :D Maybe we can form convoy of some kind with carloads of members.

Cincy'sMom
03-01-2003, 10:46 AM
We would love to have you Donna!

anna_66
03-01-2003, 02:04 PM
We'd be delighted to have you come Donna:D

moosmom
03-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Cool! Count me in. I'll make cookies (Snickerdoodles anyone??) :D

aly
03-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Please take pictures for us jealous Texans!! Take pics of the dogs, the humans, AND the cookies :D

Cincy'sMom
03-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by aly
Please take pictures for us jealous Texans!! Take pics of the dogs, the humans, AND the cookies :D

You don't have to be jealous...just pack up your puppies and kitty, hide in Christy's suitcase, and come with her :) She's only coming for 3 days, she doesn'tneed much...there'll be plenty of room!!

aly
03-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Hehe :D Good idea. She'll never know I'm there!

ramanth
03-01-2003, 08:02 PM
Donna, we'd LOVE to have you along. :D

BTW... I agree with the convoy idea... parking is limited at the Bark Park and it can fill up sometimes. We don't have to make plans now, but we could meet at Andy's and car pool from there.

Or meet at Great Lakes Crossing Mall and car pool.

OR... there is a small parking lot (for the fishermans pier) that we could park some cars in and walk to the Bark Park. :)

shais_mom
03-08-2003, 01:12 AM
Guess What!? I can go!!!
I switched my weekend!!!! YA YA!!
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/3smiles.gif

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/skismile.gif

We are gonna have a GOOOOOD TIME!!!

anna_66
03-08-2003, 05:57 AM
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/yelclap.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/jump.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/luxhello.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/dance2.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/elefant.gif

I'm also going to ask one of my friends if she'll be able to go. She has 2 huskies also.
I'm so excited about going, I sure hope it will be a nice day:D

Cataholic
03-08-2003, 06:35 AM
Alright, how far again is it from Cincinnati, Amy?

AdoreMyDogs
03-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Donna, we'd LOVE to have you along. :D

BTW... I agree with the convoy idea... parking is limited at the Bark Park and it can fill up sometimes. We don't have to make plans now, but we could meet at Andy's and car pool from there.

Or meet at Great Lakes Crossing Mall and car pool.

OR... there is a small parking lot (for the fishermans pier) that we could park some cars in and walk to the Bark Park. :)

Or we could meet at my house. I have a minivan and only live 1/2 hour south if it. You are actually supposed to have a car permit and I have one but it's expired. I'll renew it before going out there. Usually they don't have anyone "keeping watch" to see if all the cars have window stickers, but occationally I have gone there and they have stopped people from entering the parking lot who didn't have the window permit sticker. Just a word of advice. If we do carpool, we should make sure that the car we use has a window sticker, so we won't get turned down if there happens to be a patrol guy there that day.

Cincy'sMom
03-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Alright, how far again is it from Cincinnati, Amy?

If you drive like I do, about 2 hr 15min, then maybe another 15 across town to the park :)

Yeah Staci!!! I'm glad you can come!!

Anna, we'd love to have your friend and her beautiful huskies there too!!!

Leslie, how much are car passes? Depending on how many end up going to Bark Park, we may need more than one car. Maybe we could have you pick up a couple passes and spilt the cost?

Any thoughts on time yet for the 30th?

anna_66
03-08-2003, 07:23 AM
Well, you know I could pretty much be there anytime, but how about those coming from farther away, what time is good for you guys?

AdoreMyDogs
03-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Well, you know I could pretty much be there anytime, but how about those coming from farther away, what time is good for you guys?

Well how does 12:30 sound? If I remember correctly, it took about 2.5 hours to get there, so if we left at around 10 we would be there by 12:30.

Kimmy, how does that sound? Is that too early for you? Donna, do you want to ride with Kimmy and I in my minivan, or are you going with someone else? Kimmy, do you still want to carpool with me?

Amy, I no longer have directions, and I am not sure if Kimmy does any longer either, would you mind jotting down directions and either emailing it to me and/or Kimmy or faxing it to me? Thanks :)

anna_66
03-09-2003, 08:58 AM
That time is fine by me:)

shais_mom
03-09-2003, 01:54 PM
Sounds like a good time to me.
Any ideas for lunch??

anna_66
03-09-2003, 02:46 PM
How about if we all bring a little something (picnic style), or would that be too much trouble for everyone?

AdoreMyDogs
03-09-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
How about if we all bring a little something (picnic style), or would that be too much trouble for everyone?

That's good for me...actually, last time we went, Kimmy, Andy and I stopped at Burger King and got something to eat on the way there. I was not at all hungry when you guys got the pizza, but that hot cocoa sure was yummy and it sure did help to keep me warm! Donna said that she she'll bring cookies (YUM....Snickerdoodels, my FAVORITES) and I'll bring some snackies for the trip.

I am so excited! It's going to be so much fun! :)

Cincy'sMom
03-09-2003, 05:55 PM
I can bring a crock pot of Shredded chicken, or sloppy joes for sandwichs if that would work for everyone...

shais_mom
03-09-2003, 07:04 PM
That would be fine by me, kinda like a potluck?
Well, Leslie if It is chilly again I will bring the hot chocolate?! :D:cool:

anna_66
03-10-2003, 08:02 AM
I'll bring some kind of side dish and some drinks-what does everyone like? I make a mean macarroni salad or coleslaw!

Dakota's Mommy
03-10-2003, 09:35 AM
I'm getting excited! I can't wait to meet everybody.

I'm also going to ask one of my friends if she'll be able to go. She has 2 huskies also. Wouldn't you love to meet these two?
Yes, we hope that they get to come along! I wanna meet as many of the people on here and their pups as I can. I'm going to be missing my girls so badly that I will need lots of dogs around to distract me some. This will be the first time I've ever been away from any one of my girls over night except when the older two got spayed!!!! Those are my girls!!

ramanth
03-10-2003, 11:03 AM
12:30 works for me! :D Leslie, I would love to ride down with you and your pups. Andy may come along as well, depending on the weather. I'll brave the cold, but hopefully it'll warm up soon!

Hopefully Donna will get back to you about getting a ride down. :)

I'm trying to think of a nice dish to pass.

Well how does 12:30 sound? If I remember correctly, it took about 2.5 hours to get there, so if we left at around 10 we would be there by 12:30.

Kimmy, how does that sound? Is that too early for you? Donna, do you want to ride with Kimmy and I in my minivan, or are you going with someone else? Kimmy, do you still want to carpool with me?

Amy, I no longer have directions, and I am not sure if Kimmy does any longer either, would you mind jotting down directions and either emailing it to me and/or Kimmy or faxing it to me? Thanks :)

moosmom
03-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm posting from CT. 12:30 sounds good to me. I can make a pot of chili if you like, since I'm not working and have ALOT of time on my hands.

I was going to bring the "Original Michigan Couch Potato" Ashley with me. She's a 12 year old mix who rarely gets out (My SIL's dog :( ) She is not aggressive in anyway so I'm sure she'd get along well with all the dogs.

I will also make some snickerdoodles (they are SO easy to make).

I'll be back on Monday, 3/17. I'll bring the chili and cookies.

Kim, I can follow you if that's okay. I don't know if your car will fit 2 dogs and 3 adults.

I can't wait! Another Pet Talk reunion!! I'll let you know how my reunion in CT goes.

AdoreMyDogs
03-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Hi everyone!

I'm posting from CT. 12:30 sounds good to me. I can make a pot of chili if you like, since I'm not working and have ALOT of time on my hands.

I was going to bring the "Original Michigan Couch Potato" Ashley with me. She's a 12 year old mix who rarely gets out (My SIL's dog :( ) She is not aggressive in anyway so I'm sure she'd get along well with all the dogs.

I will also make some snickerdoodles (they are SO easy to make).

I'll be back on Monday, 3/17. I'll bring the chili and cookies.

Kim, I can follow you if that's okay. I don't know if your car will fit 2 dogs and 3 adults.

I can't wait! Another Pet Talk reunion!! I'll let you know how my reunion in CT goes.

Hi Donna,

I am driving down from Berkley (right near the Detroit Zoo). Kim is going to meet me at my house and we'll carpool from there. I have a minivan and there will be Kim & possibly Andy, Kersey (who will be in the back), Graham and Kia. There should probably be room for you and Ashley. When you are back from CT, PM me if you want to come with us, or if you want to follow us. I'll give you my home number and directions.

Freckles
03-13-2003, 09:07 AM
[B]I have a minivan and there will be Kim & possibly Andy, Kersey (who will be in the back), Graham and Kia. There should probably be room for you and Ashley.

Leslie, are you allowing room for the chili, snickerdoodles, placesettings? Don't want to forget that:D

Cincy'sMom
03-14-2003, 04:36 PM
The warmer weather has been thinking, (I know, it's a dangerous thing!), but the Dog Park can get REALLY muddy!! Might be a good idea to bring towels for wiping the dogs down before heading home and/or blankets to protect car seats :)

Also, I don't know if the water at the park will beback on by then so some jugs of water may be a good idea also!

moosmom
03-14-2003, 06:45 PM
Leslie,

That'd be great! Or I can follow you in my car. Doesn't matter to me. I'll bring the 6 gal jug of water for all the pups. I'll also PM you when I get home. Looking forward to it!

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Yippee!!! I am going to be there. I connected with Anna, and I will come up to her, then we will drive together the rest of the way. What about a master plan as to who will bring what, food wise? I will bring anything, and was thinking of that tasty brocoli dish...cold salad, with purple onion??? I think the weather should be fine by then.....I am sooo hugely excited, but, sadly, without a dog....

Cincy'sMom
03-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah! Glad to hear you will be joining us Johanna!! I'm wondering if I should call the park and make sure the shelter house next to the dog park is not booked... I wouldn't think so, that early in the spring, but maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll reserve it just to be sure.

Cataholic
03-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Yeah! Glad to hear you will be joining us Johanna!! I'm wondering if I should call the park and make sure the shelter house next to the dog park is not booked... I wouldn't think so, that early in the spring, but maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll reserve it just to be sure.

That is a good idea, Amy. I would be suprised, but, you never know. Let us all know the cost, and I am sure between us we can come up with the money.

shais_mom
03-14-2003, 10:25 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAA!
Ha Johanna I am soooo smart!!! he he
dogless??? that's no problem we WANT you there anyway!!!
I am so excited.

shais_mom
03-14-2003, 11:23 PM
What does everyone think of a nice Taco salad and peach cobbler? I know we are having cookies but there is always room for dessert ;)
OH and I FORGOT TO SAY
Donna, CHILI SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Did I mention that Keegan and I can't wait?!!

AdoreMyDogs
03-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
What does everyone think of a nice Taco salad and peach cobbler? I know we are having cookies but there is always room for dessert ;)
OH and I FORGOT TO SAY
Donna, CHILI SOUNDS GREAT!!!

Did I mention that Keegan and I can't wait?!!

It all sounds fantastic. I am so excited :) I had my car all fixed up on Monday (4 new tires, oil change, wheel allignment, as well as this other thing that was wrong with it that I can't remember the name of). It's all ready and set to hit the road :) I am so excited! It's going to be even bigger then last time we all met there.

I did invite the people who adopted Ellie, one of the two aussie mix puppies that I fostered during Christmas time. I hope they come, but I am not sure they will. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It would be nice to see Ellie in person. I have seen some pics of her and she's so pretty!

anna_66
03-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I talked to my friend Jennifer, with the 2 huskies, she said she'd love to come:D This is going to be BIG! All this food sounds sooo good, it's making me hungry! Is there anything in particular that everyone likes to drink (I'm bringing drinks)? And just to make sure, do you guys need me to bring plates, bowls, cups or silverware....or do you have some? Let me know!!!

Cataholic
03-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Do we have a head count (non doggies)? Then, we could start making sure we have enough/not too much. I think this would be a great time to use up all those picnic things that get left over from some other occasion...for instance, I probably have 10 Christmas plates, a dozen shower plates, purple utensils, etc....

anna_66
03-16-2003, 07:21 AM
2 Here

shais_mom
03-16-2003, 03:42 PM
1 here so far

Everyone Pray/wish/hope/send good thoughts that the weather is like today!!! It is almost 70 here!!
We haven't had very good weather the last 2 times we met. Maybe third time is a charm!!!???
And hope that the snow melts and it doesn't snow again or rain much so it isn't tooooooo muddy!!

Cataholic
03-16-2003, 04:09 PM
This makes FOUR hoomans- Johanna (Cataholic), Staci (Shais mom), Anna and her husband....

How many more are there gonna be, doggone it!!! He he

shais_mom
03-16-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
This makes FOUR hoomans- Johanna (Cataholic), Staci (Shais mom), Anna and her husband....

How many more are there gonna be, doggone it!!! He he
Is it Anna and Mark or Anna and her friend with the huskies???

anna_66
03-16-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom

Is it Anna and Mark or Anna and her friend with the huskies???
Yep, it's my friend with the huskies, Mark's going to stay home & keep Angus company:D

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2003, 10:01 PM
I'll put 3 in for me, Christy and my mom. I'll also find out if my dad and/or brother are coming....

Cincy'sMom
03-16-2003, 10:02 PM
There are also rumors, Mike and Molly maybe joining us as well....

mugsy
03-17-2003, 12:53 AM
The rumor is true unless something unforeseen comes up! Us and probably 3 and possibly 4 kids!!! We're thinking Max, Shawna, Sox, and Jazzy.

anna_66
03-17-2003, 07:57 AM
It'd be great if you guys could come Molly:D :D

Dakota's Mommy
03-17-2003, 09:53 AM
I'm getting so excited! I'm so happy that I will get to be there for this one. I really wish that I could bring my girls, but there's no way I can do that! I can't wait to meet you all and all of the fur kids that will be coming along!

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2003, 06:49 PM
FYI--- I went ahead and reserved the shelter by the Dog Park. It was only $30, so I figured better safe then sorry :)

mugsy
03-17-2003, 07:16 PM
You are such a good girl Amy! I talked to Mike today as we were beginning the lovely task of cleaning the yard after the long winter, and he REALLY wants to come and has graciously (be afraid, be VERY afraid) to make boneless chicken wings!! AACCKK!! Amy said she would like them, but won't speak for anyone else!! lol

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
You are such a good girl Amy! I talked to Mike today as we were beginning the lovely task of cleaning the yard after the long winter, and he REALLY wants to come and has graciously (be afraid, be VERY afraid) to make boneless chicken wings!! AACCKK!! Amy said she would like them, but won't speak for anyone else!! lol

Well, you know what they say...if you can't take the heat... :)

shais_mom
03-17-2003, 08:42 PM
IF Mike and Molly are coming what about Liz and Smokey Joe???
Sounds good!!!

mugsy
03-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Staci, that would be a LONG drive for Liz. She's about on the same line as Anna, only in the middle of the state of Indiana. But, maybe we could sweet talk her!!

shais_mom
03-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Staci, that would be a LONG drive for Liz. She's about on the same line as Anna, only in the middle of the state of Indiana. But, maybe we could sweet talk her!!

OH OK then no worries!! ;)

mugsy
03-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Does she know about the meeting??

Cincy'sMom
03-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Unless she has seen this thread I don't think anyone has specifically told her. I tink Indianpolis is about 4 hrs from Findlay?

mugsy
03-18-2003, 04:58 AM
I PMed her!

Cincy'sMom
03-18-2003, 05:10 AM
Thanks!

anna_66
03-18-2003, 07:59 AM
That would be wonderful if Liz & Smokey would get to come:D

moosmom
03-18-2003, 08:24 AM
YIPPEEEE!!!!

I am so excicted this is coming together!! I'll cook up a big pot of chilli. Don't know how much it makes but it's a big crockpot with a removable pot.

Since I'll be slaving over a shot stove anyway...I'll also make snickerdoodles :D.

Kim,

Can you give me a neutral place to meet? I can always follow you guys in my car, as you sound like you've got your hands full. I don't mind. Let me know where and when you want to meet. Better yet, call me. I'll be home later on tonight (going to SIL's for dinner). Ashley is getting excited too!

Cataholic
03-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Anna,
Is your friend with the two dogs driving with us? I don't mind, but, I have this fear that a Honda Civic (as roomy as they say it is) won't hold three adults, and four dogs......I am willing to try it, though....Hehhehehheheh

Johanna

anna_66
03-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Actually she's coming over tomorrow for a playdate & I will talk to her. She usually belts her dogs in, but I'm not sure that she will do the same on a longer ride. If so we could take my Durango. But I will ask her what she wants to do and get back to you tomorrow:)

Cataholic
03-18-2003, 04:35 PM
Lillycat has a Honda SUV, so, maybe that would work, too? I don't mind being squished by the doggies, but, I want to know everyone is safe. So, I will wait to hear from you:)

mugsy
03-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh I wish I could be a fly in THAT car!! lol

shais_mom
03-18-2003, 11:29 PM
Oh I wish I could be a fly in THAT car!! lol
But with so many doggies and people ya might get squished!!!:eek: :eek::D:D

moosmom
03-19-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm going to the store for the Chili ingredients. I need a final head count so I know how much to make.

Any idea?? (No pun intended, but I need a BarkPark figure :D )

AdoreMyDogs
03-19-2003, 12:36 PM
I am coming, but I am on a diet so I won't be eating much of anything :(

mugsy
03-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Is someone assigning dishes to make or are we on our own??? What is needed and we can help fill in.

I asked JoyceandAlex if she wanted to come and she's checking her work schedule.

Oh, btw Amy, my sister works in Findlay all the time and she said the best way is 30 to 75 because of the little towns on 224 and she said it takes just a shade under 2 hours.

Cincy'sMom
03-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Is someone assigning dishes to make or are we on our own??? What is needed and we can help fill in.

I asked JoyceandAlex if she wanted to come and she's checking her work schedule.

Oh, btw Amy, my sister works in Findlay all the time and she said the best way is 30 to 75 because of the little towns on 224 and she said it takes just a shade under 2 hours.

I for got to tell you, I asked my dad, as he goes to In often for tractor shows, and he said the same thing. He usually goes 613 (IN 14), which is shorter milage, but time wise about the same because of the small towns. I'll PM you directions from I-75.

mugsy
03-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Works for me. My sister is totally familiar with Findlay too so I should be good to go!

shais_mom
03-22-2003, 02:47 AM
OK I tried to do a quick headcount while AIMing wih Donna today and ROUGHLY came up with 17-20 people.
Not sure tho:
And as for food I went thru the previous pages and this is what I came up with. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE b/c I just went thru and wrote down what people had posted previously.
Just an overview:
Donna: snickerdoodles/chili
Me (Staci): peach cobbler/dump cake and Taco Salad
Leslie: Snackies ?????
Amy: shredded chicken OR sloppy joes
Anna: Macaroni Salad or Coleslaw and Drinks
-speaking of which you asked what we would prefer I would LOVE macaroni salad but if others want coleslaw then that is fine too and as for drinks lemonade or assorted POP would be fine, * I think* Whatever is cheaper :D

Kimmy: ''nice dish to pass around'' and I quote:D then she has plenty of options!!!
Johanna: "Salad of some sort'' and left over place
settings
Mike and Molly: Boneless Chicken Wings
Is there anyone I missed? Does anyone NOT want to bring what is listed her that is fine, like I said I just went thru the posts.:D

Oh and did I ever mention that Keegan and I are excited?? :eek: :D

Cincy'sMom
03-22-2003, 05:55 AM
What don't you add paper good to me, and I'll bring them on behalf of my mom and sister. I can make a run to Sam'sthis week and pick them up cheap. I need to go ro renew my membership ID before the end of themonth anyway :)

mugsy
03-22-2003, 06:17 AM
I think we're also going to bring a quickie pan of brownies.

Thanks for the directions Amy!!!

moosmom
03-22-2003, 06:39 AM
I am getting so excited over the prospect of meeting everyone! If someone can give me directions, I can drive there myself. I'll also try to call Kimmy tonight to see about the convoy. I'll be bringing Ashley and want to know everyone's opinion on dragging Moo along for the ride. He LOVES to ride in the car and he and Ashley get along great. The only thing is, I'm afraid it might to a little cold for him. He'll be wearing his "manly" sweater. Another concern I have is the whether the other pets are "cat" friendly, although I think in Moo's mind, he THINKS he a dog :eek:

Sounds like we'll have plenty of food. 8 days and counting :D

anna_66
03-22-2003, 07:41 AM
If your coming down 75, why don't you make a pit stop here & we can all convoy down there together (I'm only a couple miles off the interstate)! Plus you'd get to meet my sweetie Angus:p Just a thought!
I'm getting soooo excited too:D

mugsy
03-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Anna, how far off 75 are you? I think we grab 75 in Lima...if memory serves of my many trips to Dayton (I know, wrong direction) for Dayton Dynamo soccer (which doesn't exist anymore! lol)

Cataholic
03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
ONE MORE WEEK!!!! I am so excited about next weekend!!!!! I am in agreement with Staci's post....I am bringing the paper goods, and a salad of some sort. I am thinking of that cold brocoli and purple onion salad...yummy yummy! I hope Anna and I don't eat it all on the way up.

mugsy
03-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Just don't let Mike eat any of your salad Jo....I don't want any anaphalctic shock next Sunday! lol He's allergic to onions. hehehe

anna_66
03-22-2003, 10:22 AM
Anna, how far off 75 are you? I think we grab 75 in Lima

If you don't get onto 75 till then you would have to backtrack, oh well, it was a nice thought!

shais_mom
03-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Mawmie,
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p4130afc1afb7c0525fa7ecbee7eff735/fc751a38.jpg
Is it
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p07431ad108dbf6178caf1deb80fd70ab/fc75198c.jpg
Sunday the 30th yet???????
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p709cd1fe321264eae4552562e7de7812/fc75193b.jpg

Because I am ready to play with my friends and meet some new ones!!!!!
:D:D:D:D

ramanth
03-24-2003, 09:32 AM
From shais_mom:
Kimmy: ''nice dish to pass around'' and I quote:D then she has plenty of options!!!

LOL! :D Well... sounds like we have a good variety of food. Any requests? I was thinking of picking up some potato salad from Meijers. I could bring drinks too.

From MoosMom:
I'll also try to call Kimmy tonight to see about the convoy.
The best thing to do Donna, is to talk with Leslie if you want to convoy. She knows the area better than I.

btw...you know Kia is cat friendly. I'd love to see Moo but I think it all depends on the weather.

atm... the weather channel online is saying it might snow and will be in the 30's!!!! :eek: :(

wolf_Q
03-24-2003, 09:39 AM
CUTE pics of Keegan, Staci! :D

All I have to say is I'm completely jealous, and I wish I wasn't so far away! I know Nebo and I would LOVE to go...:( There better be lots of pics! I think you need a group shot of all the people too!

aly
03-24-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm jealous too! I want to meet all the furbabies AND the people!!

Staci - those pics of Keegan are adorable!

shais_mom
03-24-2003, 12:06 PM
SHANKS!!!! :p

I just looked on weather bug and the forecast is to be in the 40's and rain showers.
YUCK!!
Maybe we can PRAY and SEND positive thoughts that it will TURN out like today!?? IT is 70 here!!!

moosmom
03-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Kim,

I have the directions so I may just drive in my own car.

I've decided to leave Moo home where it's warm. I'd hate for him to get sick. :(

4 Dog Mother
03-24-2003, 07:11 PM
Amy has offered for us to buy paper products but I can make something too - I just hate making decisions. If any one has a request, I will be happy to oblige. Christy's plane isn't getting in until 8:00 Saturday evening so I guess I will have time Saturday to fix something before we need to go to the airport to get her.

If the temperature drops to the 30's and it snows, there will be no more Findlay dog park gatherings unless it is late June, July, August or September. I can't handle any more snow this year!!!
Although I guess if it was that cold, maybe the ground would be frozen and it won't be so muddy.

We haven't been to the dog park this week but we went about a week ago and it was muddy! We went to the Bowling Green dog-park yesterday with Amy and it also had muddy areas. My dogs are getting tired of getting baths every time we go. :(

Looking forward to Sunday too - we will just be bringing Snoopy and Taggert - Dazzi is too unpredictable as to who she will get along with.

anna_66
03-24-2003, 07:29 PM
I really, really, really hope it doesn't get cold:(

joycenalex
03-24-2003, 07:44 PM
dear friends, as much as i'd love to go to the dog park, i think i'll have to pass this time. alex the wonder dog seems to be stuck in a seizure cycle in which he has a seizure on sunday around 11pm. the only connection that i can trace over the last 3 times has been his playing at a local and unofficial dog park on sundays.
he has an appointment at the ohio state vet school in early april for a yearly check and to consider changing his meds. please take lots of pictures and post them, best regards joyce

mugsy
03-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Well in Fort Wayne on Sunday it's supposed to be partly cloudy and in the low 40s.

Here's Saturday's forcast, which would be close to what we will have on Sunday....
Saturday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day...then a chance of snow or rain during the night. Lows in the lower 50s and daytime temperatures steady in the lower 50s.

Here's the official Sunday report....

Sunday
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the lower 40s.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moosmom
03-24-2003, 09:44 PM
Mugsy,

HOPEFULLY the forecast will change between now and Sunday. I have lost all faith in weather people. I just get up and look out the window. It's alot more accurate than their predictions.

It'll be me and Ashley :D Will I be able to get into the park without a permit?? I'll be driving by myself.

Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the lower 40s.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mugsy
03-25-2003, 02:13 AM
Donna, remember this is for Fort Wayne! Findlay usually gets our weather later.

Cataholic
03-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Ok, are we doing a final head count? I am bringing a salad that Mike can't eat :), and spare/extra paper products to include paper towels, forks/knives/spoons/plates.

I suggest everyone bring whatever we drink in single serving containers...cans/bottles, etc. I will bring a large green trashbag, too, and my camera!!!!! My car will have Anna, me, and two of her three doggies, plus blankets/sheets/towels.....

We are shooting for 1230, right? I would like to exchange phone numbers with a 'local'....so, who will be my connector?

Dakota's Mommy
03-25-2003, 10:01 AM
What, I really don't like how the weather is supposed to be while I'm there! How am I to adjust, it's been beautiful here! I'm going to freeze up there! AHHHHH! Anyways, I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody on Sunday, I just wish I could bring my girls so they could meet their future friends too! See everybody on Sunday!

ramanth
03-25-2003, 10:01 AM
Me and Andy make two. :)

I believe 12:30 was the designated time. :)

Cinder & Smoke
03-25-2003, 10:38 AM
You're in for a typical "Ohio" *spring*?? Sunday... :rolleyes:

Here's the current guess from the National Weather Service:

Thursday night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Windy. Highs near 60.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely during the day. Then a chance of snow or rain during the night. Windy. Lows in the mid 40s and highs in the lower 50s.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow during the day. Windy. Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the upper 30s.

Monday: Cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Lows in the mid 20s and highs in the mid 40s.

Above from the NWS site at:
NWS - Findlay, OH (45840) (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/OHZ017.php?warnzone=ohz017&warncounty=ohc063)

Another good weather site is USWX.com - their guess is:

Thursday night: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the upper 30s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Windy. Highs near 60.

Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely during the day, then a chance of snow or rain during the night. Windy. Lows in the mid 40s and highs in the lower 50s.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy. A chance of snow during the day. Windy. Lows in the upper 20s and highs in the upper 30s.

Monday: Cloudy with a chance of rain or snow showers. Lows in the mid 20s and highs in the mid 40s.

That one is from:
USWX.com for Findlay, OH (45840) (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/oh/45840/)

----------------------------------------------
Trust us natives - it *could* be a lot worse! :eek:

A general summation ~
Nice, warm, and enough rain this week - right up through Saturday - to produce a fine covering of *MUD* for the 4-Leggers to really enjoy! :p
Quickly followed by a nightime cold snap to keep the 2-Leggers on their toes! Then warming enough on Sunday to re-activate the *MUD*.

Yep ~ *Welcome* to *Spring*?? in Ohio!!

:rolleyes:

ramanth
03-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Phred! Are you Cinder and Smoke going to join us!?

You know we'd love for you too. :D

moosmom
03-25-2003, 06:49 PM
UGH! I hope we're surprized with beautiful weather. I'd hate to drive all that way to snow, rain and MUD!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed. See you on Sunday :D

mugsy
03-25-2003, 07:15 PM
Well, Donna, you could always look at it as meeting a bunch of new friends and not mud!! hehehe God I hate it when people try to look on the bright side!! ehhehe

shais_mom
03-26-2003, 12:55 AM
If I close my eyes really tight.....
WILL IT BE SUNDAY YET???
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/pc0c2f77133f094b9aa21833fa4584c4c/fc71c0be.jpg

ramanth
03-26-2003, 09:09 AM
Keegan, you cutie! :D

moosmom
03-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Mugsy,

Thanks for putting it in the right perspective.

aly
03-26-2003, 12:44 PM
Will anyone have a cell phone with them on Sunday?

I will probably be in Detroit on Sunday. I'm actually probably going there tomorrow. I just don't know for sure or not when I'm leaving. My grandmother is dying :( so I don't even know if I'll feel up to it, but if someone has a cell phone, I could give you guys a call.

I'm stressing out about where my pets are gonna go :(

ramanth
03-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Aly, I'll have my cell phone with me. If you want, I'll PM the number to you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. :(

aly
03-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Thanks Kimmy. I am hoping to be wanting a breath of fresh air so I may drive down and meet some or all of you. Right now, I'm still having to play this by ear as far as plane tickets go :(

Cincy'sMom
03-26-2003, 03:53 PM
It's unfortunate circumstances, but we would love to have you if you are in the area Aly! Be sorta ironic if you and Christy both flew from Texas to meet in Ohio :)

aly
03-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Thanks Amy :) If I have the time, I would love to meet you all. I hope I'm not butting in :o I have Kimmy's cell # so I may call her for directions if I will be able to go.

I'm still having to play it by ear but it looks like I'll fly out there on Saturday for sure.

anna_66
03-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by aly
I hope I'm not butting in :o

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but it would be very nice to meety you Aly! I hope you can make it:)

Cataholic
03-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Anna,
What time do you think I should leave? I can make it to Downtown Dayton in 1 hour.....

anna_66
03-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Well, we are only about 30 minutes from Dayton 1+30+1.5=2.5

So maybe around 10 or a little before? How does that sound? It doesn't usually take 1.5 hours to get to Findlay but close. That way you can meet my Angus & Mark (well, if you want to ;) )

Cataholic
03-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Of course I want to meet them! I will leave my house at 930 am...that gives us plenty of time to socialize with those we are leaving behind...he he he....so, count on me being there whenever I arrive...

mugsy
03-26-2003, 05:13 PM
I don't know yet, but things may not work out for us to come on Sunday.:( :( I'll let you know what transpires.

anna_66
03-26-2003, 05:28 PM
And I really was looking forward to you coming. I hope things work out and you are able to come:)

Can't wait to see you Johanna, give me a call if you have any problems, if not, I'll see you at my house Sunday morning:D

moosmom
03-26-2003, 08:20 PM
Aly,

I'll have my cellphone as well. I'll PM you with the number. If you'd like, you can follow me. I live right outside of Detroit. You can always drive to my house and we can go together. Let me know what you decide.

Your grandma is in my prayers.

aly
03-27-2003, 11:33 AM
:( My grandmother died last night so I don't think I'll be able to make it. I am only going to be in Michigan for Sat night and Sunday then leave Monday morning. I wish I were coming under better circumstances, but unfortunately I'll have to miss this meeting.

I still have other family in Detroit so maybe I can take a rain check. Please have fun and be safe everyone.

anna_66
03-27-2003, 01:09 PM
:( This is such sad news, I'm just at a loss for words.

Have a safe trip:)

Anna

shais_mom
03-27-2003, 01:36 PM
I am so sorry Aly. :(
Please accept my condolences.
Have a safe trip and we WILL take a raincheck!!

Cataholic
03-27-2003, 02:12 PM
Aly,
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. Be safe.
Johanna

mugsy
03-27-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm sorry for your loss Aly, there will be other meetings. Take care.

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2003, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry about the loss of your grandmother, Aly. Have a safe trip.

anna_66
03-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Trader will be going to the dog park with us:D His new mommy will be coming there to pick him up! Now, not only do you all get to meet him, you get to meet his mommy too:p
Now, I don't think Johanna's Honda Civic will be quite big enough for all of us, could you imagine:o
We will have to figure something else out! But we're still riding together, no matter what! You are stuck with us now:D

moosmom
03-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Aly,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please accept my sincerest condolences.

Please have a safe trip. We will miss you. But I promise I will post pictures.

moosmom
03-27-2003, 07:55 PM
I just thought of something...how am I going to keep the chili hot?? And if it's cold, where can I warm it up?

Just thought I'd ask.

anna_66
03-27-2003, 08:00 PM
Donna, they have plug-ins in the shelter:D Good thing too, if it's going to be cold I want hot chilli! Ooohh it sounds sooo good!

aly
03-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Thank you for your comments everyone. I didn't mean to bring this thread down, I'm sorry :( I wasn't thinking earlier when I posted it. My grandmother is finally free of her pain now. I know she is happy because family was always the most important thing to her and right now all of her children are together. That was what always made her happiest. Its not been easy to deal with, but my family is staying strong.

Yes please DO take lots of pics for me :) And you guys better tell me alllll about that yummy food.

I'm prepared to turn into a popsicle this weekend.

wolf_Q
03-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Aly, so sorry to hear about your Grandma. :( {{{Hugs}}} I know how hard it is, it was not long ago that I lost my Grandpa. :(

zippy-kat
03-27-2003, 10:49 PM
so so sorry for your loss dear aly! let me know if you need anything!

{{hugs}}

shais_mom
03-27-2003, 11:37 PM
ALY,
You did NOT bring this thread down at all.
Please take care of yourself. You have my cell phone number, if you need a break on Sunday, call it and maybe you can chat with everyone, if you don't get to be there.

Oh, Anna I am so excited we get to be a part of this!! How cool is that!!
Yep Donna, they have plugin I had a coffee pot plugged in there last time, and Probably will again.

anna_66
03-28-2003, 07:07 AM
I second what Staci said, you didn't bring this thread down at all.

That would be a great idea if you had time to call Staci, at least it would be "kinda" like being there;)

Take Care
Anna

Cataholic
03-28-2003, 07:26 AM
Aly,
You didn't bring the thred down. PT is about the good, the bad, and the sad. We are sad for you, and will miss you on Sunday. But, as said earlier, there will be other meetings.

Anna, I think we will have to 'upgrade' to Lillycat's SUV. We can't squish the pups!! So, I will tell her, I mean, ask her...he he he. If not, we will just strap someone on top!! NOT.

Now I think my cold salad will be too cold!!! UGH. I will think of something. Do they have fire pits?? We could all bring a little wood up there???

mugsy
03-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Aly, I agree with Jo. Spreading your sadness around a little, hopefully makes your pain a little less. And that's what we're here for. Next time you can join us and all will be well with the world.

moosmom
03-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Aly,

Don't ever feel like you're bringing the thread down. We are all here for each other. If you need to talk or vent, either call me (you have my number) or VENT girl VENT!!!

Be safe and know that we are always here for you.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Sounds fun... my parents wouldn't let me. :(

ramanth
03-30-2003, 07:34 AM
See you all in a few hours!!! :D

Kia and Andy are still sleeping. :rolleyes: :p

Gotta go shake em out of bed. :)

anna_66
03-30-2003, 07:36 AM
We'll be there with bells on. Drive safe everyone!

mugsy
03-30-2003, 07:38 AM
Mike's got the chicken done, I baked the brownies, I got all the paper work and directions and phone numbers, sooooooo I think we're ready. The plan is we're taking Max, Sox, Jazzy, and Daisy.

Cincy'sMom
03-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Just got done with the shredded chicken, now to get the dog's stuff together...We'll be out of here in 1/2-1hr :)

Spot is still sleeping too!

lovemyshiba
03-30-2003, 11:11 AM
Have fun everyone!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!!!

tatsxxx11
03-30-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm so excited for you all!! Have a great time everyone!:)

Cinder & Smoke
03-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Told ya so, Dad... :rolleyes:

We run to da puter an *look* -
No Report onna BarkPark Capur...
Dad startz poundin onna pawboard...

Uhhhh, Dad - Didja look enneewhere ELSE???

He jest looked...

OMG! :p Kansel dis report - go read da Big Wun...

Check out da BIG report at:

"What a day at the Dog Park!!" (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23642)

Not furst wiffa report...
But Ho-Boy ~
Did we have PHUNNNNN!! :D