PDA

View Full Version : Fred Rogers has died.

Paul
02-27-2003, 01:42 PM
   Fred Rogers has died.

The Mister Rogers' (http://pbskids.org/rogers/) website handles (http://pbskids.org/rogers/parents/feb27.html) this well.

From MSNBC, TV’s beloved "Mister Rogers" is dead at 74 (http://msnbc.com/news/878116.asp?0cv=CB10)

Paul

Dakota's Mommy
02-27-2003, 01:46 PM
I heard about that as I was watching tv when I was getting ready for work this morning. I couldn't believe it. It seems like just yesterday I was watching him as I was growing up! I was completely shocked to hear the news!

micki76
02-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Oh, no :( :( I feel as if I've lost my favorite uncle. I actually still love to watch his show. I know grown women aren't supposed to like it, but it's so very soothing on a day home from work sick. How sad. :(

wolflady
02-27-2003, 01:49 PM
How sad. He was an incredible man. It's hard to believe that his show was on for more than 30 years! :eek: That amazes me! To think of all the people he touched is unbelievable, and I have the highest respect for him. I used to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood all the time! :) I hope they continue to replays the shows, so that my kids (if I ever decide to have them) can watch too.

ramanth
02-27-2003, 02:06 PM
So so sad. :(

I always wanted a trolley.

It was because of him that I have such a vivid imagination. Even to this day. :)

RIP Mr. Rogers. You will be missed.

Logan
02-27-2003, 02:07 PM
We heard this sad news this morning. Helen and I talked about it when I was driving her to school. Both of us are saddened by the news. He was a terrific inspiration for our children, and us. I can remember a lot of hours in front of the tv with Helen, watching Mr. Rogers. I think he will live on in our hearts. :)

Pam
02-27-2003, 02:09 PM
He was one of a kind. My children loved Mr. Rogers and I used to sit and watch him right along with them. He had such a gentle way about him and taught them to have self esteem and be kind to each other, etc. There will never be anyone quite like him.

lovemyshiba
02-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

I always wanted a trolley.

I did too, and I always wanted to travel to the land of make believe.

It is so sad, that he is gone, my prayers for his family and loved ones--which he has millions of.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Rogers, knowing how much you have touched all of our lives in such a positive way.

primabella
02-27-2003, 03:03 PM
its so sad. i never really liked his show, but i used to watch it and have two sweaters and two shoes ready. :p when he would do the opening intro, i would play along. its so sad. i feel like a piece of my childhood is gone. :(

RIP Mr. Rogers

iceyshiver21
02-27-2003, 03:43 PM
WAH!!! I LOVED MR ROGERS!!! I ALWAYS WATCHED IT AS A KID!!! :(

RockyRoad
02-27-2003, 03:59 PM
I too grew up with that show, although I'm not sure if they were re-runs or not, now that I hear all of you grew up with it too. He was a great man. I hope he's having a good time reading stories to all the children on the RB. God bless Mr. Rogers and all his family and friends. :(

Karen
02-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Mr. Rogers was a special person to me, as well as many of you. He was always kind, and proved that it's okay for grown-ups to be silly and make believe. One of a kind, and will forever be in the hearts of several generations of people.

Sudilar
02-27-2003, 10:08 PM
I watched him with my children as they were growing up. My daughter liked his program better than Sesame Street. He was an inspiration.

NoahsMommy
02-27-2003, 11:35 PM
Its very sad...I used to love his show. Even in high school, home sick, I used to watch his show. He was very calm, gentle and soothing.

Nomilynn
02-28-2003, 12:39 AM
I can't help but think he wouldn't want us to grieve.. remember.. *sing* It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, a beautiful day to be happy *sing*

Fuzzy317
02-28-2003, 03:36 AM
Mr Rogers will be missed. http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/cry002.gif

HoRsELUvR
02-28-2003, 07:38 AM
It's very sad!:( I remember watching his show when i was a little kid.I remember the way he used to put his shoes on.He will be missed.