PDA

View Full Version : New Kitten!!!!

HayleyRosie
02-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi Everyone, I just got a new little kitten. She is Gray, white and tan. Her name is Callie. I'm hoping to get a picture to post later today.

2kitties
02-27-2003, 10:58 AM
I can't wait to see her.

krazyaboutkatz
02-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Congrats on your new kitty. :) How old is she? I can't wait to see her picture. I sure hope that she gets along with Hayley.

Barbara
02-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Rosie! Congrats! Catgrats!
Welcome to Callie! Where does she come from? What does Hayley say?
We are too curious!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
Rosie! Congrats! Catgrats!
Welcome to Callie! Where does she come from? What does Hayley say?
We are too curious!!!!

Couldn't have said it better! ;) :D

A new kitten is always exciting, yippeee!!! :D

julijul
02-27-2003, 11:28 AM
Concatulations on your new addition!! Can't wait to see pics!

HayleyRosie
02-27-2003, 11:33 AM
I hope she gets along with Hayley as well. Hayley has not been introduced to Callie yet! Callie and I are still at work. We were told she is 8 weeks. If she is, she is a small 8 weeks but she is eating and drinking water good. I'm a little nervous about introducing her to Hayley. I hope Hayley will not be mad at me.

02-27-2003, 11:36 AM
http://www.cindydrew.com/cats/free/kittenhammock.gif

Woohoo , a new kitten !!! That calls for a celebration !!!
Please , we DEMAND pictures asap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)

kimlovescats
02-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Yippee ... a new baby! Can't wait for pics!:)

jenluckenbach
02-27-2003, 04:07 PM
yeah !!!! a new kitty !!!!

Do not feel obligated to introduce them the first day. Callie might need testing first and she might want some time alone to get used to her new home first.

neko1
02-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Congrats on the new addition!!!:D

HayleyRosie
02-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Well as you can tell by my signiture, my husband decided he didn't like the name Callie so he changed it to Mandy. Since I only had her for about 3 hours I decided it was okay. So her name is Mandy. She is in her own room at the house and Hayley is in hers. We are keeping them seperated just in case! I have to take her to the vet on monday. That's the only time I could get. She has a bent tail so the doctor is going to take a look at that. She says its more than likely just a birth defect. It don't slow her down anyway!

She is following me around all ready! She even cries when she can't find me. Hayley hissed at her and jumps after her. I don't think Hayley is too happy to have this new little kitten in her house. Please tell me it will get better! We keep them apart when we are not with them because you have to keep a close eye on them! Mandy is hissing back so I guess she can take care of herself a little. I'm not taking any chances though. I would love to see them cuddle.

Barbara
02-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Tigris was here one day earlier than Filou. They were 15 resp. 12 weeks old. They did not talk to each other for one week. I became desperate.
Then one day: big attack. And ten minutes later, both were lying in the same basket sleeping and cuddling together!

02-28-2003, 07:04 AM
Do not worry ! My cats were also hissing at each other the first day !!And look at them now ... they cannot miss each other for one minute!! They even follow each other to the litter-box and wait patiently till "business " is done , and walk back to the couch together!!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/I%20love%20you1.jpg

Vio&Juni
02-28-2003, 07:50 AM
New kitten - how exciting!!!
I hope they will get along very soon. How old is Hayley? I forgot.
Welcome Mandy!

HayleyRosie
02-28-2003, 07:53 AM
Hayley will be five months old on March 8th. She is still a kitten herself.

smokey the elder
02-28-2003, 08:36 AM
OOH, a Kitten!! She and Hayley should get along fine after initial posturing. I can't wait for pics.

Vio&Juni
02-28-2003, 08:41 AM
oh, she's still very young, she'll adapt

krazyaboutkatz
02-28-2003, 11:08 AM
Mandy and Hayley should become best friends in no time. BTW I just love the name Mandy. :) I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures of her.

HayleyRosie
02-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Lut, How long did it take for Inka and Maya to stop hissing at each other?

NoahsMommy
02-28-2003, 02:26 PM
How exciting!!! :) I can't wait to see a picture of her and to read about all the wonderful fun she's having in her new home!
Where did you get her?

The hissing will take awhile to stop....this is where you'll use those wonderful patience skills. :)

jenluckenbach
02-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Mandy is a great name. And 2 kittens ought to be friends in no time.
My 1st cat and my 2nd cat (both gone now) HATED each other.....for about 3 days. They were inseperable from then on.
On the other hand, it took a full year before Thumper (RB) was accepted into the threesome.
So it varies between individuals. Patience and try to let them work it out by themselves (supervise from a distance)

Russian Blue
02-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Your so lucky to have a new addition! Congrats!!

To make the introductions go a little smoother, I would take a towel and rub the new cat with the towel and then go rub Haley with the same towel. You want to combine their scents so that it is not such a foreign smell. Do this for a couple of days with the same towel.

You can do the same thing when you bring a cat back when they have stayed at the vets and have that foreign smell (which produces hissing siblings).

Good Luck and have fun! I'm so envious!

Nakita, do you want a playmate???

;)

HayleyRosie
03-04-2003, 06:40 AM
Hayley loves Mandy! She even cleans her! Mandy seems a little uncomfortable when Hayley starts licking her all over. Maybe Hayley thinks she smells! I'm just so happy they are getting along. Mandy was to the vet yeasterday. She is between 5 and 6 weeks old and is just a little over 1 pound. She has to go back next thursday and she and Hayley are being treated with deworming medication. (Hayley again!!) I'm hoping to get pictures really soon. I don't have a digital camera so I am waiting to finish the roll of film so I can get it developed. I get my pictures put on a CD so I'll be able to post them as soon as I get them from the developing shop. I can't wait for you guys to see her.

Vio&Juni
03-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Ahhh, good news :D

L. Wayne
03-04-2003, 08:27 AM
When I brough Puma, Happy and Chris home, all within a few days of each other, my established furkids did not even so much as to give much attention to them, except the ones who usually protest for having a new furikid(s) to know, namely Fawn and Cookie. They all fit right in, and even Otis, my dominant male. was not bothered by their introduction.:D

.........wayne

krazyaboutkatz
03-04-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm so glad that Mandy and Hayley are getting along. I can't wait to see pictures of Mandy. :)

Russian Blue
03-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Get us some pictures!!!!

:D

HayleyRosie
03-04-2003, 11:14 AM
I can't wait to post some pictures for you to see but I have to wait for the roll of film to finish. Soon, really soon!