PDA

View Full Version : Spaying my female rabbit??

tikeyas_mom
02-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Hi, I just got back from taking Angel, My rabbiit to the vet for a checkup, She ways 3 pounds. They suggested I get her spayed, but my mom said I have to pay for it all by my self. I am applieing for a job at this place tomoorow buy its not a sure thing,.. I dont think ill ever be able to affored getting her spayed. :( The vet I went to said he deals ALOT with exsotics and he would spay her. It will coast as much to spay my rabbit as it does to spay a cat.. He said sh'll live longer and be healtheir and happier. But I'll never be able to affored $100 and somthing dollers.. What should I do ? :(

tikeyas_mom
02-28-2003, 03:48 PM
:( I uess noone knows and or cares :(

Jessica12345
02-28-2003, 04:05 PM
save your money! :D

or....

Im not really sure but if you (and your mom) is willing too you could tell your mom you will pay her back

Desert Arabian
02-28-2003, 04:46 PM
That is going to cost A LOT!! of money :( They have to cut her open and everything. I got my two male rats neutered and that was $125- I don't even want to know the cost of rabbit neutering/spaying. Maybe you could ask your mom if you can split the cost half and half...that seems like a good idea, doesn't it!?

Karen
02-28-2003, 04:57 PM
I would ask your mom to loan you the money, and make the appointment now. Also explain to the vet that you will be paying for it yourself, and ask if he does any sort of payment plan.

NoahsMommy
02-28-2003, 05:22 PM
You should try and find a rabbit rescue group. They can usually get good prices on fixing a rabbit because they do it so often.

tikeyas_mom
02-28-2003, 07:34 PM
thanks everyone thoughs were all great ideas.. I dont have any rabbit support groups around here but I could talk to my mom about her lending me the money .. :) thanks again *I dont know why I didnt think of that option :D*

Jessica12345
03-01-2003, 11:01 AM
good luck!:)

Heather Wallace
03-01-2003, 11:14 AM
try calling around different vets to compare prices.

tikeyas_mom
03-01-2003, 01:38 PM
well their is only one exsotics vet here and I dont wanna go to someone that doesnt know what thy are doing .. :)

Heather Wallace
03-02-2003, 06:23 AM
you are quite right. All the vets in my local area spay and neuter and many of their prices vary greatly.

Daisylover
03-03-2003, 10:15 AM
Whew, I am pleased to see that you are considering getting your bunny spayed. Yes, it does cost a lot because they do have to cut her open but in the long run, there is no doubt in my mind that it is worth it. The bunny will be happier, will be much calmer, and will look for human friendship instead of looking for a mate.