PDA

View Full Version : I fought the vet

AmberLee
02-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Hewwo all,

I gots an ouchie on my paw and my meowmy FINALLY noticed I was licken it and bitieing it back and she was home wif de ickies dis mornin and SCOOPED me up ta go see da white coats. :(

I was BERY good and BERY brave. :D Meowmy said so and so did da vet and two vet sistanceies. :D He found sumpin in my paw and I wuns better again. :D (Oops: I gained 12 ouncies dis last year and a nasty 4 letter wod starten wif d got bandied about a lot -- ick, ick, ick, ick, ick. I KNEW I didn't like white coats.) :(

On da way home since I was SO good, we got a cat taco at Taco Bell dwive-thru. :D It was chicken and cheese and sour cream. Yum. :cool: I had to share it wif brother when we gots home, but since dat diet-ickie-thing was still in da air dat was okay. We sung, "I fought da vet ... and da vet one" all da way home even though I was weally a bery good girl. :D

Just toght dat you should know, :p
A bery good girl named Wivvy. :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Hi Livvy :)

It's nice to hear from you, even though it was a white-coat visit that prompted it. I'm so glad your widdle tootsie is going to be ok. It's a good thing you were licking it while your mommy was home so she could notice there was something wrong. You are a very brave and good girl, and you deserved that cat taco - even if you did have to share it.

Tubby and Peanut want to tell you that diet food isn't all that bad. Science Diet Feline Maintenance - Light is all they got to eat from the time they were widdle biddy kiddies until they got turned over to the "senior" formula. Doesn't taste that bad and helped Tubby keep his teenage waistline for all those years. ;) :D

Hugs and skritchies to you for being such a good girl, and yes, you have to share those with your brother too if you don't mind. :)

Amberlee, sorry you weren't feeling good this morning, but at least it kept you home so you could see that something was bothering Livvy. Hope you're feeling better soon! :) :)

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Poor, Little, Brave Livvy! How did you get a nasty in your dainty, delicate footsie? You haven't been sneaking out at night and going dancing have you???????

I didn't know Taco Bell serves Cat Tacos!!!! ;) ;) Check it OUT!!!

AmberLee
02-25-2003, 04:13 PM
I am feeling better, but a smidge washed out. Last night was a little rough. I picked up a bug recently. It was providential that I was home this morning. Livvy's been off her paws recently and I just thought she was at the low end of her energy cycle. She started licking her paw and nibbling her inner right front claw on Sunday and it just kept building. This morning she was at it for close to an hour and I ran her in to the vets. They're not sure exactly what the sequence was, but found a little scrap that might have been glass wedged in a pad-fold/fur crevice. They cleaned it, clipped her nails, and agreed she's a gorgeous baby girl.

She's very partial to Chicken soft tacos with cheese and sour cream so I order them special when she's been good. I call em Cat Tacos, and just try to be patient when ordering them. "You want WHAT on your taco?" ... "JUST chicken, cheese, and sour cream?" ... "Are your SURE you don't want tomatos? lettuce? onions???"

At any rate, she was good, and she's moving smoothly again. No paw sucking since we've been home. Such a relief. (For her, too, I bet.)

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2003, 04:19 PM
JUST chicken, cheese, and sour cream?" ... "Are your SURE you don't want tomatos? lettuce? onions???"

Since I don't like tomato, letuce or onions Cat Tacos sound rather good!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Since I don't like tomato, letuce or onions Cat Tacos sound rather good!

Now if they were only made with honey-roast turkey, maybe they could be used to entice Edwina to behave at the v-e-t. ;) :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm afraid there isn't that much turkey on the face of the earth!

jenluckenbach
02-25-2003, 05:28 PM
LOL HA HA HA LOL

glad to know that your little paw is all better, and see, you get good stuff when you behave for the vet.;)

2kitties
02-25-2003, 08:25 PM
LOL!!:D
Good job fighting the vet! It's all about courage and standing up for yourself. Then weasling a treat out of mom. ;)

Karen
02-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Miss Wivvy,

I will have you know, you silly girl, that "I fought the vet and the ... the vet won" has been running through my head since I saw the title of your post!

Nice head skritches/ear rubs to you from me,

Karen

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Dear brave Livvy!:D

I am so proud of you for being such a good kitty at the white coats! And how sweet of you AmberLee for getting Livvy a Cat Taco... sounds yummy!

I am just glad if it was glass that you didn't cut your hisser (very cute word from All Creatures Great and Small's thread)!

krazyaboutkatz
02-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Livvy, I'm so glad that your owie is going to be okay and that your mommy was able to notice it so soon to take you to the vets.:) Cat taco's sound very yummy. I'm sure my Storm would love them but I'm not so sure about Sunny. He's kind of picky. :) AmberLee, I hope you feel better soon and get rid of that bad old bug you have. I've been wondering why you haven't been posting as much as usual. Take care. :)

02-26-2003, 03:55 AM
Inka says :

WOW Livvy!! You fought the white-coats ??? You dare!! Do you think I should do the same thing ? That white-coat will do sir jury on me next monday!!! Maybe I'd better give her a good bite ?? Or is a nose-lickie better ???? Tell me !!

Vio&Juni
02-26-2003, 06:16 AM
Good girl, Livvy! So brave!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D :D :D

lynnestankard
02-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Gud Furgurl Livvy

Wez all ded imprest - and courze youz behaved lik a ladee - 'coz thatz wot youz are! Hey gurl wez all ded jelus - youz getz a BIG treet afta goin to da wite coatz? Wish we did! All wez getz in noze kizziez and head rubbies - but we do love goin to see our speshul wite coat - she lovez uz all!!

Noze kizziez comin atcha furgurl - an fer youz meowmie too
xxxxxxxx

Dan an Ketchum an Bagel xxxxx

AmberLee
02-27-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by lut
Inka says : .... Or is a nose-lickie better ???? Tell me !!

Deaw Inka,

It's a tuff choice, but Eyes beweaves in makin wuv, not waw ... so eyes votes fow da nose-wickies, if you can manage it. Iffens ew wooks pittiful enuff, maybe youse meowmy'll give ew a cat taco, too. Good wuck, sweetie-pie!

Wivvy