PDA

View Full Version : Peace demonstration gone "bread"

Ann
02-25-2003, 03:18 PM
I read this in the newspaper today and found it quite funny :cool:

During the worldwide demonstrations against war on Iraq, some protesters laid out tons of French bread in front of the French consulate in Los Angeles. The bread were means to form the words "Vive la paix" which means "Long live peace", but thanks to one of the protesters stepping on the bread it instead formed "Vive la pain" which means "Long live bread"...

When asked to comment about this incident one of the protesters said that he had mistakingly stepped on the bread, making a mess "just like Bush".

jackiesdaisy1935
02-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Talk About A Good Joke!

A HACKER SENT THE SWEDISH PARLIAMENT ON VACATION

More than 70 deputies of the Swedish parliament fell victims of a sick joke two days before the elections. An unknown hacker “ordered” Swedish politicians to go on vacation or emigrate at the highest point of the election campaign.

Pursuant to the version of the security department of the state social insurance of Sweden, someone penetrated into the computer with the personal data of the deputies. Then a hacker either called the insurance service, or just used the Internet.

As a result, about 70 deputies of the social and democratic party, several members of the leftist party were allegedly “applying” for a vacation, a divorce, or for a change of the place of living. Swedish Defense Minister Bjorn von Sydow and Minister for Integration Mona Sahlin were among the victims of that joke.

The security service of the Swedish social insurance department stated that the joke was “something new.” The secretary of the social and democratic party of Sweden claimed that it was nothing but a sabotage against the party. The joker has not been found yet.

Soledad
02-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Uh....these seem unrelated.

jackiesdaisy1935
02-25-2003, 05:56 PM
I thought they were just two funny pieces.
Jackie

Soledad
02-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Forgive me, I'm a little slow sometimes. ;)

Ann
02-26-2003, 01:27 AM
I've never heard of that! And knowing the media hype before the election I find it odd that no one reported about it :confused: I wonder if it's just an online hoax/joke or if it was quieted down because of embarassment...

popcornbird
02-26-2003, 03:27 AM
Haha Ann! That's funny! LOL