PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to the Hallmark Store

Edwina's Secretary
02-25-2003, 01:02 PM
At lunch I went to the Hallmark store to buy some greeting cards. I also bought some cat books :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

As I checked out the woman asked me if I liked cats and so began a conversation about cats. I wasn't really understanding the conversation at first....then I realized she and the other employees have been taking in kittens from a feral mom cat who lives in the woods behind the store. They have been unable to trap the mom cat to get her spayed. So they take in the kittens, socialize them and find them homes!

She invited me to the back of the store to see the cats. OH, OH, OH!!! Two of the most beautiful marble torties -- littermates. I held one and she just snuggled into my coat so sweet!

Then one from the next litter -- a fluffy little thing that reminded of a blonde version of K'Cee. Not yet ready for people contact though...

Oh those torties! Guess I know where I'll be going for my cards and wrapping paper from now on!

HayleyRosie
02-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Next time you go see if you can get some pictures!

Randi
02-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Sara, you'll end up with loads of cards in no time! :eek: There'll be enough for all the holidays - including next Christmas. :D ;)

How wonderful that the shop keeper care about these kittens. :)

Vio&Juni
02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
At lunch I went to the Hallmark store to buy some greeting cards. I also bought some cat books :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Why am I not surprised? I do the same :p
Isn't it pleasant to find nice people?

02-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Randi
Sara, you'll end up with loads of cards in no time!

cards ?? with "cats" yeah !!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Hmmm....let me see, Valentine's day is over, so next we have St. Patrick's day, then Easter, then the first day of spring (or is that before Easter?), and who knows how many birthdays, anniversaries and other "special days" in between, so is it safe to say Edwina will have a sister/brother sometime before summer? A certain tortie perhaps????;) :D

How wonderful of them to help the kittens, and how wonderful to be able to visit when you stop in. Hmmm.....where is this store? I think I need some cards.....;) :)

Barbara
02-25-2003, 02:08 PM
How could you resist a kitten that snuggles in your coat?

jenluckenbach
02-25-2003, 05:37 PM
I love Hallmark stores, and I love kitty stories with happy endings.

NoahsMommy
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
Isn't it funny how we just seem to find "cat people"? I had to go back to the ER last week and was admitted this time. My nurse on Thursday was a total cat person...something that helped to talk about as she pulled out my IV! ;)

I don't think I would be able to be trusted to go to that Hallmark store....its bad enough for me, without adorable kittens to add to the "I just have to have" basket! :) ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-25-2003, 05:44 PM
How would Edwina feel about a little brother or sister?:D

zippy-kat
02-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Then one from the next litter -- a fluffy little thing that reminded of a blonde version of K'Cee. Not yet ready for people contact though...

:D Send her this way when she's ready for a home!

krazyaboutkatz
02-26-2003, 12:19 AM
I'm so glad that they're able to help the kittens. I'd love to visit that Hallmark store too. :) If I did I'd probably end up with more than a card as I left the store. :)

Nomilynn
02-26-2003, 12:58 AM
I so want to go to that Hallmark!!! My dad is looking into a Amtrack train trip that stops in Chicago. I think it would be a really cool city to visit. Now, I will have to go to the Kitty Hallmark in Chicago too, when I finally visit that city!