PDA

View Full Version : Grammys tonight!

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 06:19 PM
I deleted mt other one, because someone decided to post moronic comments. please none in this thread. thanks.

Anyways, Anyone going to watch? It's on tonight on CBS at 8. I have my VCR all ready, for When Nelly comes on. :D
He was just on MTV, in a NICE suit. He looks great, as always. :D
Some great people are going to be there and some i rather despise, like Avril. I'm interested in seeing Eminem and Nelly of course.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/pce0a83bd8ef8b09a5e0bce2706bdc9e7/fc985099.jpg

Soledad
02-23-2003, 06:21 PM
Why does he always have that dumb bandage on his face?

micki76
02-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Uh, hello? Thats his thang. Everybody has to have a trademark. Eminem's is his hair. Nelly's is the band aid.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 06:24 PM
First it started out as a basketball injury And now he wears it as a way of representing for his close friend/brother City Spud who is in jail. It's not dumb.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Uh, hello? Thats his thang. Everybody has to have a trademark. Eminem's is his hair. Nelly's is the band aid.

You're the best :cool:

micki76
02-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
First it started out as a basketball injury And now he wears it as a way of representing for his close friend/brother City Spud who is in jail. It's not dumb.

Cool! I learned something new!:cool:

Soledad
02-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Hey...I was just wondering. Dumb is pretty subjective, but I happen to think it looks rather silly even though I tend to like his music.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by micki76

Cool! I learned something new!:cool:

I probably know almost more aobut then man then he does himself and could probably out sing him in his own songs. lmao :D Obsessed? YES! of course.!

micki76
02-23-2003, 06:31 PM

I probably know almost more aobut then man then he does himself and could probably out sing him in his own songs. lmao :D Obsessed? YES! of course.!

Yeah, been there. There was a certain musician a few years back that I was the same way about. I won't say who, it would only make me sound old and now, I'm just like, YUCK! What was I thinkin'!!:eek:

popcornbird
02-23-2003, 06:32 PM
I don't see how me saying "me watch Nelly? No way" is moronic in anyway? :confused: If you were talking about me. Not everyone has to like Nelly. I never said anything bad about him. :rolleyes:

Soledad
02-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Mickey I had my obsessions, too. I feel so silly about it now, looking back on it all.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I don't see how me saying "me watch Nelly? No way" is moronic in anyway? :confused: If you were talking about me. Not everyone has to like Nelly. I never said anything bad about him. :rolleyes:

The fact that it's not just ALL about Nelly just hush please. I don't feel like starting with you and i do not like you. thanks and goodbye.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Yay! they're on!

Soledad
02-23-2003, 07:03 PM
I can't wait to see all the dresses and stuff!!

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 07:11 PM
Gwen Stafani is on! She's so awesome. I love her style and she has a cool voice.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Lol... why do they make it so obvious who's going to get the award?? Like the person performs and then they're nominated. Poof they win! lol

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Eminem won besides Nelly. But that's ok. Cause i like them both. Although i was crossing my fingers.... Eminem is so hilarious when he gets on the mic though

micki76
02-23-2003, 08:06 PM
Eminem won besides Nelly. But that's ok. Cause i like them both. Although i was crossing my fingers.... Eminem is so hilarious when he gets on the mic though
Yay Em!! Love him!:cool:

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Wow..I've never heard of a 37 year old liking Eminem.. But then again, my mom is like 45 and likes Em... but that's only because she has to hear him and every other rapper i like 24/7 lol

micki76
02-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Wow..I've never heard of a 37 year old liking Eminem.. But then again, my mom is like 45 and likes Em... but that's only because she has to hear him and every other rapper i like 24/7 lol
Are you calling me 37??? :eek: No way, I'm only 20! (in my mind) Actually I'm 35 and I love Em, Nelly, Norah Jones, DMX, JayZ, too many to name!!

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Um... Ok... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING IN THE BIG POOFY PURPLE THING HOLDING THE POOR DOGGIE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:32 PM
GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GRROOSSSS! Advill is performing! nasty nastyu naystauygdsiouagpnousghbeprne4ra;g!! grrrosss

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:34 PM
wow... she sounds HORRIBLE live.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:38 PM
NELLY'S NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!

aly
02-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Heh, Kelly messed up :p I don't like her.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by aly
Heh, Kelly messed up :p I don't like her.

Yeah... He could have chose much better female vocals for that song.

ParNone
02-23-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm gonna show my total squareness. I'm a HUGE Chicks fan.
Loved to see that they've won 3 awards so far. Wooooo!!!

Par...

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 09:39 PM
Yay, Em's preforming!

micki76
02-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ParNone
I'm gonna show my total squareness. I'm a HUGE Chicks fan.
Loved to see that they've won 3 awards so far. Wooooo!!!

Par...
Oh, me too!! They're great!! Did you see after Em's perfromance, Adrian (Natalie's husband) was like the 1st person to stand up and applaud? He was like a little kid. Too cute!:)

ParNone
02-23-2003, 10:31 PM
Yeh I did see that. Lil' disappointed Home didn't win Album of
the year. Really great CD. A country album that actually sounds
country, tiz quite a novelty these days.
Love Natalie's voice and Marty on the fiddle. Saw them live in
Houston and they were incredible. They had really funny routine,
showing their hairdos over the years. So Texas, I just loved it.

Par...

lovemyshiba
02-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Darn, I posted on the first thread, and thought that was what I was coming back to!! Oh well!! What kind of dog was that that Rod Stewart had??
Nelly did look good, I think I mentioned his awesome suit on the old thread.
I forgot what the bandage was for, thanks for the reminder--I did hear him saying something about someone getting out soon, but I wasn't paying much attention!!
Gwen Stefani rocks--I love her, and I love No Doubt.
Eminem is awesome too--I was surprised to hear him so subdued--he sounded great.
I like John Mayer too, he sounds good.
Not a big fan of Norah Jones though, saw her last summer, didn't care for her.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 11:09 PM
i don't know... but whatever that thing in the purple was scared me half to death. poor dog was probably scared too.

Soledad
02-23-2003, 11:39 PM
I have a physical/allergic reaction to Faith Hill. Blech.

Soledad
02-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Oh, Kfamr, I have a story I thought you'd like. I was really obsessed with Nelly's "Hot in Herre" when it first came out. So much so I annoyed the crap out of my co-workers with it. But one day we were doing a really huge mail out for an upcoming election (oh the glamour of working in politics!) and we were all in an assembly line stuffing envelopes to the beat of "Hot in herre" as it blared from my computer speakers. :D

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 11:47 PM
Hehehehehe :p

The other day in class... The teacher was talking about are grades....... and shes like "the grades aren't so hot..." then she looked at me, smiled, and said "in herre"... not that it's a good thing that all of my teachers know i'm obsessed just as well. The same teached bought me a copy of teen people when Nelly was on the cover lol

Soledad
02-23-2003, 11:50 PM
Your teacher is hilarious!

After the mailout incident, we constantly reference that song. If things are getting busy, etc. we're always like..."hey, man...it's getting hot in here" and someone else will call out "yeah, I'm getting so hot I want to take my clothes off!"

I have a very fun workplace.

Kfamr
02-23-2003, 11:54 PM
lol... i always say it's getting hot in here [ well of course, i live in florida] and my mom or someone will be like "but please, keep on all of your clothes" lol

Soledad
02-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Oh, another thing I was going to mention to you....there's a great photo floating around on the web of Avril without make up. It's SCARY.:eek:

aly
02-23-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm a bad bad Texan. I can't stand the Dixie Chicks :D They ruined my favorite song!!! (Landslide)

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
Oh, another thing I was going to mention to you....there's a great photo floating around on the web of Avril without make up. It's SCARY.:eek:

i've seen it. she's gross.

Soledad
02-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Tell me what you REALLY think...hehe.

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 12:15 AM
http://www.deansplanet.com/avril_lavigne_no_makeup_TN.jpg

Soledad
02-24-2003, 12:17 AM
Avril may be nasty and all, but isn't it nice to know how much of all that stuff is totally artificial?

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 12:21 AM
It's fun to know how correct i am when i say she sucks. :p She sounded real horrible tonight.

Nomilynn
02-24-2003, 01:41 AM
I actually thought Avril sounded pretty good. I think she is a talented young lady who, even though you may dislike her style, deserves some credit for being only 18 and writing all her own stuff and actually having talent. I've seen her sing (not in person) accousitc and she's very good. Certainly better than some of the other performers. I was suprised at how out of tune and lifeless Faith Hill was.. maybe she has a cold. Also, whoever Eminem was playing with really didn't know how to hold a consistent beat.. did anyone else notice this? The base player couldn't make up his mind :p

I like Nelly's song Hot in Herre, but I HATE that Dilemma song.. it's so annoying and repetitive. I didn't like that performance because of the way they mixed the two songs together. It sounded funny.

The performace I liked best was probably Simon and Garfunkle. I thought it was amazing, and I love how they are only about the music and they really don't have an "image".

ParNone
02-24-2003, 06:09 AM
Totally agree about Faith Hill. I also think N'Sync butchered the
Bee Gees melody. Harmonzing in falsetto is evidently harder
than it looks.

Also second about S&G. They were outstanding.

ParNone
02-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Aly, Not a Chicks fan?!? <gasp> Suppose you don't like Pat
Green either, eh?:) Lone Star Beer in my cereal is keeping me alive

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 10:50 AM
I love Dilemma only because I can relate to it when Kelly sings I love you and i need you, Nelly i love you, i doooooooooooooooo" and so on lol.......:D

aly
02-24-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by ParNone
Aly, Not a Chicks fan?!? <gasp> Suppose you don't like Pat
Green either, eh?:) Lone Star Beer in my cereal is keeping me alive

Heehee :D Who's Pat Green? Hahaha, I really don't know :o :o

ParNone
02-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Definitely not into Texas based bands I see. :) Pat Green use to
sing mostly Texas themed songs. Fairly big locally, touring
around Texas and selling CDs out of the back of his car. He finally
sold out to Nashville, so he kind of lost his appeal, as far as I'm
concerned. One of his older CDs, where he's singing live
at Gruene Hall is really good. Well if you like that kind of
music.:) You have to have a sense of humor about Texas
stereotypes to like him though I think.

Par...

aly
02-24-2003, 12:28 PM
I've been in Texas 22 years and didn't know him. Maybe I should study up some on Texas bands :D

lovemyshiba
02-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Par,
I agree with you--I think NSync butchered that "tribute" too.
It was very touching when his son came up and got the award though.
About Nelly and Kelly--she looked like she couldn't walk in those boots she had on--yikes!! And I didn't like how the 2 songs were together either--just pick one!!! Nelly would have been just fine on his own, he didn't need her in there!!!

primabella
02-24-2003, 05:07 PM
i saw only a few minutes of the show. i didn't think it was all that interesting (from what i saw). i do like No Doubt though and was happy that they won. :) gwen's got great style (i think ;)) and i like there songs. i still love "don't speak" heehee :o gavin's also got a great voice, i used to hate bush but that was when i was a little 10 year old who went for pop music :p

as for the whole show, i heard on the radio that most of the people considered the grammy's to be " a boring piece of crap" with the exception of a few performances. i also heard avril's performance sucked and they kept criticizing the way dustin hoffman opened "welcome.....welcome.....welcome" ha!..wasn't all that great. oh well. :)

i'm done blabbing...

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 08:07 PM
I actually watched the first few preformances, coming to PT during commercials, then i kinda drifted away, recorded whn Nelly came on then just listened to the rest from the computer desk. It was actually reall boring besides the Nelly part.

micki76
02-24-2003, 10:33 PM
It really was a bad show.