PDA

View Full Version : problems?

neko1
02-23-2003, 08:13 AM
For some reason I can't see pumpkin or tama's picture in my sig? Just red x's appear. Does anyone else see this too or is it my comp?

Everyone else's pictures I can see. This has been happening since yesterday.:(

Former User
02-23-2003, 08:15 AM
I can see all except the last one. I presume it's not one of your cats....

Barbara
02-23-2003, 08:19 AM
I cannot see Pumpkin and Neko.
This sometimes happens on my computer at home ... any way more often than in the office.

Ann
02-23-2003, 09:40 AM
They all work fine for me. However, I would suggest uploading the last (clipart) image to your own webspace. There is nothing more annoying than when people steal your bandwith, trust me; I know firsthand >_< And it's also bad for you (and others) because they might block off-site/hot linking when they find out people are doing this.

marysmerrycats
02-24-2003, 08:54 AM
I can see all the pics, but I know what you mean, there have been times when I don't see pics, just the red X 's

tomkatzid
02-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Ann
They all work fine for me. However, I would suggest uploading the last (clipart) image to your own webspace. There is nothing more annoying than when people steal your bandwith, trust me; I know firsthand >_< And it's also bad for you (and others) because they might block off-site/hot linking when they find out people are doing this.

What does all this mean????:confused: I have a little animation on mine too, I put it on imagestation to make it show up here. But would love to know more, thanks katz

Ann
02-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by tomkatzid
What does all this mean????:confused: I have a little animation on mine too, I put it on imagestation to make it show up here. But would love to know more, thanks katz

There is absolutely no problem with your cute little animation since you put it on your own space. But if you don't do that, and reference the pic directly off someone else's webspace two results might occur. Either the picture doesn't show up because the webserver you are trying to take the picture from doesn't allow off-site/hot linking (like the majority of free hosters these days such as Geocities) or the pic will work but you'll be using up someone else's bandwith. Bandwith is the certain amount of usage a website can use per month. Going over your allowed bandwith amount can be expensive for people who pay for their webhosting, so that is why you should never "borrow" anyone else's webspace.

For example, some people took pictures of my pets and put them on an online SIM game, claiming my pets to be theirs with bogus names and so on. And they did most certainly not ask for permission nor did they even upload the pics to their own space. That really messed up my bandwith and got me pissed off, and what's worse is that when I emailed them did just ignored me and so did their free webhoster :mad:

...I hope that explained it for you, I know I went a little bit of tangent LOL

momoffuzzyfaces
02-24-2003, 11:52 AM
I can see all of your babies. That's a very good thing. I would be treated to all sorts of sulks if Luke couldn't see Pumpkin's sweet face.:D

tomkatzid
02-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks Ann for taking the time to expain it to us. I'm new to this computer stuff, so it all scares me a bit.

Ann
02-24-2003, 12:33 PM
You're more than welcome :)

Kfamr
02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
I see them all.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ann
or the pic will work but you'll be using up someone else's bandwith.

Thanks for explaining that, Ann. I'll be moving Tubby's blinking eyes to imagestation right now! :)

Jessica12345
02-24-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
I can see all the pics, but I know what you mean, there have been times when I don't see pics, just the red X 's

that happens to me a lot 2:(
they go off and on though.... sometimes i can and sometimes i cant:rolleyes: