PDA

View Full Version : Please vote, who here has a meowing cats?

I_love_cats
02-22-2003, 11:03 PM
I have two male cats, that are driving me crazy, they meow early in the morning around 4:00am, sometimes at 4:30am. It never fills with them, if Joey starts meowing, then Toby would start shortly after. Sabrina is such a good girl, never meows in the morning, only time she meows is when she wants the attention and her meow is not very loud. What makes me mad about them is they are soo quiet through the day and they just wait until we go to bed. I just hate their meowing, i want them to stop alltogether. Let me know if any of your cats meow, are they your males or your female. Do they meow through the day or early in the morning?

aly
02-22-2003, 11:10 PM
I have a female cat who loves to meow at closed doors. No matter which door it is, she believes it should be opened for her! Other than that she's pretty quiet. Just whenever I move, she'll sometimes wake up at 4am the first week and walk around meowing.

catlady1945
02-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Our male, Louis, howls around 11 PM most nights. We aren't sure why - he's been neutered for years. When he plays with his toy that seems to trigger the meowing - maybe he wants us to notice how skilled he is at fetching a ball, but we are trying to sleep at that point.

tomkatzid
02-23-2003, 12:54 AM
Kelcee HOWLS when she thinks we have left her. Everyone is just in a different room. She also meows every night when Daddy gives her treats at bed time. Some times she does a silent meow when she is talking to her Daddy.

02-23-2003, 04:49 AM
Maya meows very silently , and only if asking for food .

Inka , is a very talkative cat ! She is talking all the time , and has different "words" for everything . What a pity that I don't speak"cattalk" !!!

My RB-cat Sydney couldn't meow very well . She made that funny noice (like a goat :rolleyes: ) to the birds in the garden , but no meowing otherwise .

neko1
02-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Neko meows when he's playing. They all meow when it's suppertime. Cookie is just a talker, it's the cutest thing! We can carry on a conversation with her, as well as sing with her. She has so many different types of meows- some of them sound sad, some of them sound like she's asking a question.

rosethecopycat
02-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Snowy's Siamese! He's constantly having a conversation (with himself)
Every action has an accompanying 'trill'. From jumping down off something to 'going to run off now' trill.
The trills are the loudest when he goes near his box, then they turn into plantive yowls.
In the A.M. he uses assorted sounds that he thinks will wake us up. But the funniest one is the "I want to go on the patio" It's a phlegmy two syllable sound.:)

He literally says a couple hundred thing per day.

Mr. Jones only talks about food...

Randi
02-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Fister miaws when he wants attention. He'll go out in the bathroom sometimes and miaw if he wants us to come and pour water across the floor. He'll also miaw if he wants us to come and play - mostly in the evenings. Luckily he doesnīt miaw loudly, itīs more of a questioning, chirping sound. It is said that wild cats donīt miaw, itīs just their way of talking to humans. This sounds right for Fister, since he never miawed at us the first few years we had him, but now he seems to have learnt it! :D

If his food bowl is empty, he'll just stand there, looking at it hungrily until we come out and fill it up.

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2003, 05:32 PM
My Sunny is always meowing, chirping, or making a thrilling noise. I think it's because he's half aby and they tend to talk a lot. He also tries to wake me up early in the morning by meowing in my ear or by putting his paw on my face. Storm is very quiet and will meow for food, treats and attention. His meow is very quiet compared to Sunny's. My RB cat Pepper would also meow for attention and loving. :)

moosmom
02-23-2003, 05:56 PM
I have 6 cats so I'll list them:

Moo meows but it's very quiet.

Maya Linn is quiet unless you ignore her then she gets loud.

Carly hardly ever meows unless I ask her where her mouse is, then it's the tiniest meow that you can barely hear.

Mollie Rose NEVER meows. I've never hear a peep outta her.

Eli meows only when he's hungry and boy is he loud!!!

NoahsMommy
02-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Noah: Meows when we leave and my hubby is playing with him outside the door. Its a really sweet one. He will sometimes meow if he's in a lovey mood and cant find me as well. :)

Noel: Meows a lot...she's a tortie! ;)

Basil: He "talks" to me often. :D

Olivia: Only meows in protest. (Usually when we move her or stop petting her before she is done. ;)

I'm back.....I must correct Olivia's section....she also meows when playing by herself. :D

sophies_purrson
02-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Hello, I'm new here, although I've been a regular visitor at Pet of the Day (and especially Cat of the Day) for a couple years now.

I wanted to tell you about my cat Sophie, who is a World Champion Meow-er...everyone who comes home ends up telling me that she is the chattiest cat they've ever met! She's a bossy, opinionated, but very loving 9 yr old calico, also known as the 'Benevolent Despot' of our house. Ever since she was a baby, my goodness, she has enjoyed talking a mile a minute with anyone willing to listen. She has a specific meow for everything - from a nagging 'get up, mom, so what if it's 5 in the morning, I want tuna!' to 'I love you too' (a purr/meow with eyes half-closed) to 'let me out on the balcony' (her favorite place in the world, besides the bed) which is a cranky 'aaaah' sound. The last time her petsitter was over, Sophie made us laugh by doing this combination meow-purr-growl that I'd never heard before, to thank the petsitter for such a nice back-scratching.

Sometimes when I'm preparing her a particularly yummy tidbit to eat, she does this amazing meow - she looks up at me and goes 'meeeeeeeooooooooowwww' for about 10 seconds without a pause! I never heard a cat let out such a shout of joy, and I'm fascinated when she does it, but to my husband, this marathon-meowing is a bit unnerving, because how could such a very little cat make a long loud sound like that?!

Well, it's been a pleasure to introduce Sophie to everyone here. I've enjoyed reading the posts and seeing all the other kitties and puppies, they're all so special. I hope to get Sophie's picture on here too, as soon as I get comfortable with this vB code stuff.

Thank you, all!

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2003, 11:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk sophies_purrson. You'll love it here. BTW I love your user name. :)

rosethecopycat
02-24-2003, 07:53 AM
Welcome to pet Talk, Sophie and purrson, come in, sit down and type a while.:)

smokey the elder
02-24-2003, 08:55 AM
Let's see...

Mobius has a soft meow but chirps at the birdies.

Diva lives up to her name, having the largest repertoire of meows; one for food, one for attention, one just cuz...

Pixel has this Mrrow? that sounds like she's asking a question.

Diamond has a very sweet meow.

TicTac has a miniscule wimpy meow he usually uses in the morning when he jumps on the bed and wants attention. His purr is louder by far!

Smokey the Younger has the most obnoxious meow. It sounds hoarse, and often is followed by a Bronx cheer!

Bosun has a quiet meow but "play growls" a lot.

My fosters Buddy and Dax have no comment on this thread.

:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Welcome Sophies Purrson. :)

Tubby is the talker in our house. He doesn't talk all the time - just when he has something to say. And it's funny because when I took him to the vet for his bladder infection, he complained when she was man-handling him to feel his bladder etc. She had to ask me if he's normally so vocal or if he might be doing that out of pain. I told her I'm not sure about the pain part, but that yes, he is definitely a vocal kitty and will let you know when he wants something or you're doing something he doesn't want you to be doing.

Peanut will only meow when she knows treats are near, or when she wants up on Daddy's lap. ;) :D

2kitties
02-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Taz is only able to make little squeaks, which he does only to Rocky. Rocky and I, on the other hand, have long, in-depth conversations. Wonder what he thinks we're talking about.

RICHARD
02-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by catlady1945
Our male, Louis, howls around 11 PM most nights.

time for the late local news!

HayleyRosie
02-26-2003, 07:43 AM
Hayley does not meow very much. She may when I am putting her food in her bowl and I'm not doing it fast enough but even then it is very low. My mother was visiting for a few days and she even commented that she has never heard Hayley meow. So I voted sometimes. I'm not even sure if she meows enough to be put in this category.

SANDY FROST
02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
My sister and I have 3 Bengals and Talk talktalketc.
They talk untill they get attention. The youngest is my shadow and talks to me all the time. I ask him yes and no questions and he answers back. Boy oh boy what a chatter box. One talks while going in the littter pan.
sandy frost:D :p

Felicia's Mom
02-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Felicia has a quiet meow and she does not meow very much.

Beau has a loud meow when he uses it. He will meow when he wants something. I have to figure out if he wants attention or more food etc. I am glad he does not meow all the time like a Siamese.