PDA

View Full Version : I got my bunny .. I need advise ..

tikeyas_mom
02-22-2003, 02:47 PM
I got a rabbit yesterday, yay for me :D.. she is soo cute .. She is a white dwarf angora with black forehead, feet and ears .. It is really cool because she has pink eyes YUP pink ???¿æ¿¿ I was wondering why she has PINK eyes, does that mean shes blind or something? ? ?

Oh well I love her.. I got her from the S.P.C.A for $10.00.. She loves Timothy hay and her pellets her favoret thing is carrots though :rolleyes: ...Her name is Honey-Bunny :D.. She doesnt stink at all .. She has mats though me and my mom have to cut them out.Do you have any advise on combs or brushes for rabbits thats not earitating to their skin?? . We are takeing her to the Vet for a checkup on monday yay I GOT A BUNNY
:p

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 03:00 PM
nah, i doubt shes blind...its just a characteristic, like her white fur ;) i like pink eyes :D it sounds like shes a himilayan or something..u must post pics!
congrats!

Karen
02-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Exactly - the pink eyes just mean she's probably part albino - no pigment in the eyes means they look pink! :)

As for combs or brushes, you'll just have to try different ones, it varies what works from rabbit to rabbit. Ask your vet if they have different kinds you could try right then and there ... Angora rabbits NEED to be brushed on a regular basis, quite often - but you can keep the fur you brush out, and someone could spin it into lovely angora yarn for you! :)

Once you get the mats out - you'll probably have to carefully snip them out for now, comb her every day - and it'll become a nice grooming ritual/nice time for you both, and will keep her so-soft fur from matting.

Congratulations on Honey Bunny! How old is she? If she's a baby, she should have Alfalfa hay, but for adults, Timothy hay is best.

tikeyas_mom
02-22-2003, 03:43 PM
She is most likely an adult :)

The shelter didnt know her age.. She has really long hair.. She loves to be brushed :D .. I love brushing her.. I just hate having to brush out the mats.. It really hurts her.. :( ...

So she isnt blind? that good.. She does look like a hymalayan.. :) but smaller.. :) .. I love my Honey Buney ..

Anyways I took 43 pics of her but they didnt save because my computer Sux big ones.. Ill post pics a different day ok :)