PDA

View Full Version : Stray Cats ?

liongirl81
02-22-2003, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone i have a problem i have a boy cat and we are the only house around here and somehow a stray female was dumped off in the lots next door well they had kittens and now there are too many for me to take care of there like 7 i feed them everyday and take care of them the only problem is there is just too many to feed and they don't even let you near them the only one that lets me pet them besides mine is the momma she seems like she must have been someones at one time and they just dumped her off in the woods next door, i love them and i don't want them to be killed but its just too many any suggestions? Thanks for your help

moosmom
02-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Liongirl81,

The kittens sound like they could be feral, since they won't let you near them. If you can trap them, you might be able to socialize them and find homes for them. The mama sounds like she's already a social cat. The one problem here is, if you just leave them and provide food and water and they aren't fixed, it'll snowball into more kittens, etc. You may want to look into rescue organizations in your area that specialize in this.

If you want to take the time, I'd trap them, get them fixed (especially mama) and try to socialize them so they can be placed. It takes alot of patience and time but it's well worth it.

How about having mama fixed and keeping her??

Please keep us posted.

marysmerrycats
02-24-2003, 12:26 PM
yes please try to do something for them if you can
if you can't trap them, call a rescue group and maybe they can help you, or they might be able to trap them themselves. try calling a couple groups, not thehumane society they will just put them to sleep if they are not placed immediately.