PDA

View Full Version : Bongo Congo

SANDY FROST
02-21-2003, 11:42 PM
Bongo ,What a handsome cat you are looking you could be
walking through the African Congo. Enjoy this day because you deserve it.
Sandy Frost:cool:

Barbara
02-22-2003, 03:36 AM
Handsome, loving, intelligent and stylish (the water from the cup:cool: ) : what more can one expect from a gentleman. We now already from our Lady Edwina here thaht the grey and white tuxes are among the most noble cats.

Enjoy your day with many treats and cuddles:)

Vio&Juni
02-22-2003, 04:34 AM
Cute and sweet :)

Dan Holder
02-22-2003, 05:36 AM
Having a cat you are particularly attached to does make you ponder how fortunate you are. So many events had to happen just as they did. He's a fine looking Bongo, and a lucky one.

Ann
02-22-2003, 06:16 AM
Bongo, you sure is one pretty (and lucky) cat! Your little antics with your water cup and everything else sure make you sound like a very special cat :)

Congrats on being Cat Of The Day, I hope you have a wonderful day with tons of treats and lots of love :)

catlady1945
02-22-2003, 06:42 AM
What a lovely story. Congratulations, Bongo!

ChrisH
02-22-2003, 06:53 AM
Bongo, you sure are cute!:) Congratulations on making Cat of the Day! :)

Chris

Housh
02-22-2003, 07:07 AM
Congrats ;)

smokey the elder
02-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Good job for rescuing Bongo and his little sister that hot July day. I think it's so cute that you were catsitting and decided that Bongo belonged with you. He seems very content.

catmandu
02-22-2003, 09:28 AM
:) :D bogo is one Great looking Cat , he could be Juke Joint Josephs little brother!:D :D and he has his own water cup!:cool: :cool: Best wishes to BONGO, COTD!!!:cool: :D ;)

jopfef
02-22-2003, 09:40 AM
Cool! :)

Great looking cat! :) I have a "blue and white" Tuxedo here, so am familiar with the color and the temperament. I took Thom to a cat show years ago, and was informed by the judge that his color was "blue" and not grey. My Thom is 18 now and starting to fail, so I hope that Bongo lives a wonderully long and healthy life!

:cool:

Cataholic
02-22-2003, 09:44 AM
Bongo,
You warm my heart! What a sweetie pie you are, and so loving to your fur and skin family, too! I hope you get lots of treats today, and that you share them! Congrats on our very best COTD~

felinefriend
02-22-2003, 10:45 AM
Bongo, you are beautiful! You look very much like my Ziggy (I think, like "jopfef" was saying, Ziggy is a sort of "blue" and white tuxedo style mix too), and I'm so happy how you've picked the best PURR-ent! How terrible that must've been for you and your sibling to be homeless in that heat, but we can all see that your life has gone from rags to riches! You are the PURR-fect picture of health and happiness!!! I love how your Human summed up your story with, "Bongo is loyal and loving and I am the luckiest person in the world to have been chosen by him as his owner!" LOVE to our BONGO BEAUTY!!!!! :D :) :p :cool: ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-22-2003, 11:52 AM
Bongo
What a handsome fellow you are. I'm glad your guardian cat-napped you back so we get to meet you! Congratulations on being our special Cat of the Day today, sweetie.

missprissy
02-22-2003, 11:58 AM
What a wonnnnnnderful rescue story beautiful BONGO!!! Love that eyeliner around your pretty eyes QT!!! Congrats for being Our Cute Kittie Cat of the Day!! :) :D

lizbud
02-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Hello Bongo,

What a gorgeous kitty you are. Such beautiful eyes.:) You
have a sweet & loving "look" about you.:) I hope your sister
was lucky enough to find a great forever home like you. Many
happy congrats on your Special day of honor Bongo, as our
CAT OF THE DAY !!!

Frostfrog
02-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Double-double: a double-cat rescue combined with a rescue of the same cat twice by the same person. Of course, I can not help but wonder how your friends felt when they finished their month of traveling only to find that the kitty given to them had been taken back - my hope is that they were relieved by that as they had not really wanted to take on a new cat, anyway, but had just been acting as good citizens and so were happy to have the cat stay with you.

Now, as to Bongo, he is indeed beautiful and I am certain all the accolades you pour out upon him are true, and I have no doubts but what you are exceptionally lucky to have him living with you. I do not know if you graduated from grad school with honors or not, but it doesn't matter, for you graduated with Bongo which is a far greater honor, though some might not realize it.

I myself was once a "not a cat person," in fact, I fancied myself a disliker of cats. I found the solution to this problem was simply getting to know a cat (even though the first cat I got to know was an honory, gruff, slashing-claws kind of fellow who was none-the-less lovable and intelligent - something that I had managed to go through my first 41 years of life without doing.

"I hate cats," I said, prior to that day that I truly met and began the process of knowing one.

Of course you are right - there is not another cat like Bongo as no cat is like any other cat.

How many mugs have Bongo and crew broken? None!? Amazing! Or 42, perhaps? I can believe it.

PS. I think it is the landlord of the previous owners who should have been evicted and thrown out into the heat.

(Around here, we seldom speak of being evicted and then getting "thrown out into the heat.")

rg_girlca
02-22-2003, 03:16 PM
I agree with you Frostfrog about your comment in regards to the landlord. Ohh some people.:mad:

Anyway, what a great rescue story. I love it. Bongo you are one handsome fella and you chose your owner well.
Congratulations sweetie on being our COTD.
Lots of kitty hugs and kisses for you on your special day. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-22-2003, 03:56 PM
Bongo...you handsome hunk of cathood..what are you doing in Texas?...so far away from your "furmate"...Lady Edwina!

Congrats to a gorgeous gray/blue and white!

tatsxxx11
02-22-2003, 04:23 PM
What a beautiful, touching, heart tugging tale of resuce to warm this cold and rainy night. Is there a more loved cat of the planet?? I don't think so:) Congratulations to you beautiful Bongo, Cat of the Day!! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor with your proud, adoring guardian, Kit E. Kat and Barnum!!:D What a fabulous family!!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2003, 11:20 AM
Bongo, you sound like such a sweet gentleman. I'm so glad you were rescued, and rescued twice that is, by the same person. All I can think of is fate - definitely fate.

I hope you had a great day as you were honored as COTD. Hugs and skritchies to you too. :)