PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad

neko1
02-21-2003, 07:22 PM
I can't stop crying:( One of my best friends is moving to florida and I just saw her before she leaves tonight. I hate this, I'm so depressed:( I miss her already. I'm really gonna miss working with her and hanging out with her. She's so sweet, she gave me a bunch of stuff from her apartment.
I just need some good vibes to make the saddness go away....

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
omg im so sorry! I once had to move away from ALL my friends. I miss them dearly, but i just think about all the good times we had. It does make me cry but i think it helps to cry.

I also keep in touch by sending letters and talking on aim. We are now penpals.

I hope you feel better:(

RockyRoad
02-21-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm so sorry. You're going to keep in touch, e-mail or snail-mail, right? I have had friends move away before, and sometimes we did not keep in touch. Never heard from them again. Then there are others I did stay in touch with and we are still very good friends. Anyway, I'm really sorry about your friend.

neko1
02-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Of course we'll keep in touch thru aim but it's really hard knowing that I'm not gonna see her everyday anymore...
Here's a pic we just took (I look like crap cause I had my pj's on and no makeup)
Me (on left) and Liz:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/pc9d2071ba591c69463bad3a146d721fd/fc9ab139.jpg

wolflady
02-21-2003, 07:55 PM
**hugs**
It's always hard to lose such a good friend to a distant move, but definitely keep in touch via email and messenger chat!! Luckily we have come into such a technological age that it's easy (and FREE!!! Yay!) to keep in touch.

Here is my perspective on things like this:
The people who make an effort to keep in touch with you, no matter the distance, are true friends. For me, I always thought I had made "best friends" in high school and college. I had many! But once I graduated and moved away and got into the workforce, I really discovered who, out of my friends, were my true friends. So many have just drifted away, and no matter how many times I would try and contact them, I just never had any reciprocation. But, the people who have made that effort, I believe, are the ones that will be in my life always. In fact, some of my friendships have become stronger by my being so far away. I make a point to email/chat and phone the people who mean a lot to me, and they do the same.

I am quite sure that if you keep in touch, your friendship will not fade. **hugs** I know it's hard, especially if it's someone you see often.

Why is she moving? Did she get a new job? Do you have her new address? When will she arrive at her new home?
I think it would be a neat idea to send her a gift (like a "housewarming" or gift for a new job/move) to let her know how much your friendship means, and also to tell her you'll miss her. If she has a sweet tooth, you might want to think about something like Cookies by design. Instead of sending a bouquet of flowers (you know, like for a housewarming) you can send a bouquet of cookies! Take a look at Cookies by Design (http://www.cookiesbydesign.com) if you think it's something she would enjoy:)

**hugs**
Hang in there, and do keep in touch! You may be surprised at how strong your friendship really is! :D

Kfamr
02-21-2003, 08:36 PM
Poor girl. Does she know how horrible florida is? lol where in fl exactly?

neko1
02-21-2003, 08:43 PM
land o' lakes... Yeah you poor florida people!!!:p

aly
02-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Awww, don't cry. Just think, now when you need a vacation and some fun in the sun, you can just go visit your friend!

marysmerrycats
02-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Michelle
im sorry to hear that, it's said when a friend moves away.
will you be able to visit each other?
well go give your cats a big hug, maybe that will help some.

Karen
02-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Is that close enough to Palm Harbor that your friend might get to me the one-and-only Simba??? and photographer-tothe-star, KayAnn?

Ann
02-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Oh, that sucks :( I hope you'll be able to stay in good touch with her atleast, even though it's not the same thing as seeing her in the flesh.

neko1
02-22-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Is that close enough to Palm Harbor that your friend might get to me the one-and-only Simba??? and photographer-tothe-star, KayAnn?

Actually, land o lakes isn't that far from palm harbor!!! So next time I visit Liz, I'll have to visit KayAnn too!:D

lynnestankard
02-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Oh Michelle thats rotten!! {{{{Hugs}}}} winging there way across the miles. It's so sad when a friend moves away - you'll miss the daily contact with her but phone calles and emails etc., will keep a strong friendship going - is she going to be able to get back for The Wedding?! I hope so.
And you've got holidays in Florida to look forward to!!

Lynne

Cataholic
02-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Michelle,
I don't want to take away your sadness, necessarily, cause I think it helps you realize how important people are to you! AND, I so agree with Wolflady. I have moved from Ohio to Washington State, then from there to Massachusetts, and from there back to Ohio. In that time, I made some very very close friends. I am still close to them, even 8 years later. AND, one of my closest friends moved to Cinti when I was away, and then moved away from there when I came back (no, not cause of me..he he), and she is still one of my closest friends...so, hang in there..sometimes the adjustment is the hardest thing. And you do not know what the future holds for either one of you.....AND, what a place/reason to visit, eh?

moosmom
02-22-2003, 01:56 PM
Michelle,

I'm so sorry your best friend is moving and I DO know how you feel. I was born and raised in Connecticut. I have alot of long time, best friends and a daughter that I left behind. I miss them so much (not Connecticut) but I am on-line with them and talk to them all the time. My bestest friend Sue is coming to MI the weekend of April 25th and I am VERY excited.

I know it hurts now, but there's the internet, the phone and frequent flyer miles :D. It's okay to be a little sad. That's expected. But be happy for her. She's on a new adventure.

Before I left for MI, Sue and I had dinner with my kid. Sue said "You are doing what I always dreamed of doing, you are so lucky." She's right.

Hang in there. Think about your wedding and the new adventure YOU'LL be on. :D Also know that we are all here for you.

((((hugs)))))

lovemyshiba
02-22-2003, 07:39 PM
It is so tough when a friend moves away. Out of my group of friends, there are only 2 of us left here. Living in a college town does that--people come for school, but only a few of us stay here. But I have friends all over now, Arizona, Wisconsin, Virginia, New York, Florida--it is sad, but I always have somewhere to visit!!!

Kfamr
02-22-2003, 08:20 PM
I've heard of land-o-lakes... not exaclt sure where it is.. bet my dad does though. If you ever do come down, let me know.:D

shais_mom
02-22-2003, 11:56 PM
Awww, poor thing, I know how hard it is.
Just think that she will be happy and even tho you will miss her terribly, you will be happy for her.

Pam
02-23-2003, 06:57 AM
I think Karen (Wolflady) has made some excellent points. True friends always find a way to stay in touch and these days it's not that hard or expensive via e-mail, etc. Everyone seems to be heading for Florida! In the past several years I have had 3 friends move down there! Isn't Florida full yet? :D :D :D Seriously, I know with your upcoming wedding you will have lots to keep you busy and maybe keep your mind off how much she will be missed.

HoRsELUvR
02-23-2003, 07:53 AM
I've also had some of my very good friends move away.Don't worry.You can still keep in touch and maybe visit sometimes.

Jessica12345
02-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Jewls and Jordan send Big sloppy kisses to you! :( :D :( :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-24-2003, 03:43 PM
I know I'm late on this Michele, but I just wanted to put my two cents in. ;) :rolleyes:

My best friend, from the time we were Freshman in high school, moved away.....probably.....15 years ago now. I was devasted at the time, like you. We were both single and did everything together. She met a guy, and with visions of wild fortunes in their eyes, they moved to Florida - about 1,300 miles away from home - and me (in Green Bay, WI). Like I said, at the time I was devastated, but now when I look back on it, it's probably the best thing that could have happened to me - and her.

Let me explain. I had never really been out of the state of WI before she moved. It was only about 4 months after she moved that I just had to go down and visit. It was my first time in an airport, and on an airplane (and I had to transfer at O'Hare - UGH!!!), and really my first time out of WI. We had a wonderful week together lounging on the beach and her showing me the wonderful St Petersburg area. It really opened my eyes and showed me that there was so much life outside of Green Bay and Wisconsin. A few years after she moved, I decided to move too, but I moved to Chicago which was a little closer to home. Had she not moved in the first place, I might still be in Green Bay, never knowing much about the big wide world that is out there, just waiting for people to discover it.

Now, many years later, we are still best friends. She has moved to Seattle and can't talk during work hours, and with the 2 hour difference in times, it's often hard to actually talk to each other, but we keep in touch and see each other whenever we can. I, of course, have made other friends since she moved, and some of them have been quite good friends, but I still consider her my best friend and when we do get together it's as if we haven't been apart at all.

So as long as you keep in touch - and this doesn't need to be everyday - you will still remain best of friends, and the good news is it will only be a few months before she comes back for your wedding and you'll be able to see her again. :)