PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break

Desert Arabian
02-21-2003, 04:01 PM
What are you doing for spring break??

I know it's find of far away (at least for me), but I am getting "spring fever". I think because it is in the 50's.

My Mom and I are going to Tennessee and stay at a horse ranch. You get to rent your own little cabin, then in the morinings you go down the the corral groom and saddle your horse, then go on trail rides in the Smoky Mountains. I think we are staying there for three or four days.Lexington, Kentucky is our next stop after that. We are going to go to the Kentucky Horse Park (for the 3rd time) and Church Hill Downs to watch a horse race (no betting!!!). Then, we are going to go over to the Toyota plant and take a tour and watch them make Toyota cars. I am so excited!

To see a picture of the horse ranch cabin we are renting:
Luke's Cabin (http://www.bbonline.com/tn/twinvalley/cabin.html)
To see the Home page of the horse ranch:
Twin Valley (http://www.bbonline.com/tn/twinvalley/index.html)

mugsy
02-21-2003, 04:22 PM
When is your spring break? We have the first week of April off (well it starts in March). But we're not going anywhere since Mike doesn't teach.

Desert Arabian
02-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Our spring break is late in April. :( Like the 17-29, something like that.

Soledad
02-21-2003, 04:46 PM
That sounds great! I love Tennessee and Kentucky. Such beautiful rolling green hills.

neko1
02-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Ah to be in school again and have a spring break! Enjoy it while it lasts!!! My 'spring break' will be my honeymoon!!!

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 06:33 PM
sounds fun!:D :) :D ;)

I dont know what im doing yet.... but i hope its something good!:D

lizbud
02-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Sounds like great fun for you guys. The cabin & rates are
also very attractive. Hope you all have a wonderful time &
of course, take lots of pics.:D

Kfamr
02-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Rachel [countyruwolf blah blah and so on lol] is coming down here!Hopefully Amy will too.:D

Desert Arabian
02-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Hope you all have a wonderful time &
of course, take lots of pics.:D
Oh I will, and I might put some of the pictures on Pet Talk, seeing how many Pet Talkers love pictures. :D ;) :p

Nomilynn
02-22-2003, 12:14 AM
I just had my spring break.. actually it's called reading break. So mine's all done. But, my last day of school is April 16th! So it's not so bad. Ahh.. the university life :p

wolfsoul
02-22-2003, 12:30 AM
my spring break starts on march 17th :( no fair...well i had a pro day today so pucha lol

Cataholic
02-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
.Lexington, Kentucky is our next stop after that. We are going to go to the Kentucky Horse Park (for the 3rd time) and Church Hill Downs to watch a horse race (no betting!!!). Then, we are going to go over to the Toyota plant and take a tour and watch them make Toyota cars. I am so excited!

WOW....another few miles and you will be in Cincinnati!!! Come on over the river! I am very interested in hearing about the horse back riding part.....please remember to post how it was, or, better yet, pm me and tell me all about it! I want to go!!!

02-22-2003, 12:58 PM
Here in Belgium , Spring break is next week (Sat. March 1 ->Sun. March 9th ) ! Before Easter we have a weeks-break .

Spring break will be used for schoolwork . Indra has to make a "maquette" of a house , which is a huge project!! .