PDA

View Full Version : What makes Pet Talk addictive??

AmylovesMisty
02-21-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi! I know when greeting new users many people give a warning the pet talk is highly addictive!!I agree with each and everyone of them..it is addictive!!I am addicted..but i dont know why??I can't put my finger on why Pet Talk is so addictive??Has anyone else figured it out?

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 01:11 PM
well.... its my three favorite things!

TALKING about PETS on the COMPUTER

:D :) :D ;) :D :) :D ;)

plus all of you are so nice!:)

AmylovesMisty
02-21-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jessica12345
well.... its my three favorite things!

TALKING about PETS on the COMPUTER

:D :) :D ;) :D :) :D ;)

plus all of you are so nice!:)

Oh yeah never thought of that one...

02-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Why ?? Because everybody on Pettalk is a great petlover ; we all love our pets , care for them and care about all the others on the board . We are all a big bunch of crazy , silly , romantic , caring , etc... people , who have one big aim in life : love love love our pets !!!
Once you start reading on PT and get to know all the people & their pets , you are "hooked" !!And : NO CURE POSSIBLE !!http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Spring3/Skitty.gif

He he , who cares ... I even wanna get worse , he he he !!!:D :D :D

who doesn't melt here at the view of this :
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/sleeping7.jpg

lovemyshiba
02-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Awwww!! Cute pic lut!!
I love it because I can talk icessantly about my dogs and hear about everyone elses--my friends and family would go nuts if they had to listen to me all the time go on and on about the dogs, here, it's encouraged!!!
Plus the atmosphere is great--I've never belonged to a message board where everyone is so friendly all the time!!
It's such a great place to be.

Kona & Oreo's mom
02-21-2003, 02:05 PM
It's addictive to me because I find such comfort and reassurance here. In every day life, I see that many people think of animals as property or as disposable--it is disheartening. I'm so glad to be able to come here to see that there are people who respect and love animals just as much as I do.

My second reason: the pictures! :D Those two snuggly kitties are so cute!

Barbara
02-21-2003, 02:32 PM
When I come home and am stressed or feel sad then I look at pix like the one of Inka and Maya and find myself smiling.
Before I was at PT I used to look up cat websites via Google but PT where I have the feeling I know them all is much better:) :D

Karen
02-21-2003, 02:53 PM
All of you who participate!

Pet people really ARE the best! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
02-21-2003, 02:59 PM
People that love their pets and other animals and aren't afraid to let the world know it!!! We can laugh together and cry together and never get told, "For heavens sake, it's only a (insert animal type here).":D

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 02:59 PM
karen:

:Di know! we are... arent we? :p :p :p

jenluckenbach
02-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Well...........Did you ever try to talk about your cats, when your best friend is a DOG person?
..................Did you ever wish you could have more pets than you have?
..................Did you ever want to make a friend but didn't know where to start?
Well..............here You can talk about and show pictures of your beloved pets and know that people actually CARE.
.................here, I have more pets than I ever would be able to, and I hurt for each loss, and rejoice for each new love.
.................here I have made more friends in the past 4 months than I have in 40 years..

I guess that about says it.

iceyshiver21
02-21-2003, 03:59 PM
I Agree with all of the above!!

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

..................Did you ever wish you could have more pets than you have?

that one deffinately applies:D and i think pet talk almost cured me!:eek: :eek: :eek:

or the pets are so cute i want more:D lol

but then i go play with my pets and i dont want another.:)

slick
02-21-2003, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
[B]It's addictive to me because I find such comfort and reassurance here.

I totally agree with this. Even though I've never met any of you or your pets I feel like I've known you all for such a long time. We all care about each other and each other's pets and I think that's why it's so addictive. We all need love and we find it in our families, friends, pets and PT!

marysmerrycats
02-21-2003, 05:07 PM
I love being part of the pettalk community!
the topics are interesting, and fun, and even the sad ones are good to have others to share the sad things that happen, with.
I hope that last part made sense?
there's some very nice people on here, everyone is helpful.
signing on to pt really is like coming home!
I love all the stories and pics:)
this is the first message board I have joined, and I am on it so much Ihaven't even taken the time to find others, because the general section always has other topics.:)

Kfamr
02-21-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure.............. But your icon thingy makes me gag :(

Karen
02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Now now, KayAnn, not EVERYONE is a Nelly fan. To each his or her own music, right?

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Well, KayAnn, when you put Nelly in your's it makes me gag! Everyone can put whatever they want in their sig/avarter, but personally I don't like Avril either. (or Nelly at that)

jenluckenbach
02-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Well, KayAnn, when you put Nelly in your's it makes me gag!
I've been wanting to say this for a LONG time.
(sorry, but it's true)

aly
02-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Its addictive to me because of the wonderful people. I have met so many great friends on here. Of course I love talking about my pets, but I would never have stayed here if the people weren't so great.

aly
02-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Kona & Oreo's mom
It's addictive to me because I find such comfort and reassurance here. In every day life, I see that many people think of animals as property or as disposable--it is disheartening. I'm so glad to be able to come here to see that there are people who respect and love animals just as much as I do.

My second reason: the pictures! :D Those two snuggly kitties are so cute!

Ohhh YES!! I 100% agree with you!

Soledad
02-21-2003, 10:11 PM
I didn't think I was addicted until last night when I had a dream that I spent the day at Popcornbird's house. It's official, I have a problem. ;)

P.S. Not to freak you out Pops!! It was cool, your parents made me yummy Pakistani food.

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
I didn't think I was addicted until last night when I had a dream that I spent the day at Popcornbird's house. It's official, I have a problem. ;)

P.S. Not to freak you out Pops!! It was cool, your parents made me yummy Pakistani food.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

OHHHHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious?!? :eek:

ROTFLOL!

Soledad
02-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Don't freak out!!:(

Yeah, I'm serious. Hope I didn't scare you or anything...:(

aly
02-21-2003, 10:23 PM
She said rotflol so hopefully she's not TOO freaked out :D

Hehe, thats funny.

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Don't freak out!!:(

Yeah, I'm serious. Hope I didn't scare you or anything...:(

Not freaked out! SHOCKED! I PM'd you! LOL! LOL! LOL!

(Falls on the floor laughing)

:o

Soledad
02-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Yes, Pops was amused. I had been scared that I freaked her out, like I was some sort of stalker or something.

We had a lovely time with her birds and family in the dream, though!:)

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 10:28 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

*Phew* Sighs with relief. I just PM'd Soledad asking what I looked like in her dream. Thank God she saw the wrong person! :D:D:D

LOL

marysmerrycats
02-21-2003, 10:47 PM
this board is addicting! it is so much fun thats why.

hey popcornbird, I hear that Soledad is on her way over to your house, better ask your family to start cooking!!:eek: :D :D :p :rolleyes:

popcornbird
02-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
this board is addicting! it is so much fun thats why.

hey popcornbird, I hear that Soledad is on her way over to your house, better ask your family to start cooking!!:eek: :D :D :p :rolleyes:

She doesn't know the way! :p

No need to worry. She'll get lost anyway! :p

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-21-2003, 11:07 PM
The reason that Pet Talk is so addictive to me is because it is so hard to find real animal LOVERS. Most people only look at animals as pets but here there are other people who realize that animals have personalities and ARE MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY... and deserve our respect and LOVE!

And the other reason is because it is so hard to find anything or anyplace that recognizes having morals as a good thing. Having respect for other people. This is the only REAL family friendly site I have seen on the internet and that means so much to me (my personal opinion). I like to be somewhere and I don't have to worry about what I am about to read or see! Cause here I get to see SUPER CUTE pictures like Lut's .... Inka and Maya!!!