PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor's Dog to have Eye Removed

AmylovesMisty
02-21-2003, 01:01 PM
I was so sad when i heard this but my neighbors dog has to have her eye removed!!Her name is lucy and she is only 4 years old!!

Lucy has a bad eye already,something that makes her seeing poor!Now,her good eye has a cateract(sp?) and she has to have it removed!!She will have to have a fake eye put in(gross)!

Please put Lucy in your prayers!!

lovemyshiba
02-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Sure, I will think of dear Lucy, and pray for her.
I saw a pic just this week of a celebrity (can't remember who it was), who had a pekingnese with only one eye--poor thing!!
At least she has a family to love her, and she will get along just fine with only one!!

tatsxxx11
02-21-2003, 02:56 PM
Oh, poor Lucy:( I'll will be keeping her in my prayers for sure. It's good to know that she is so very loved:) What type of dog is she?

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Poor Lucy! She will be in my thoughts.

primabella
02-21-2003, 03:04 PM
poor lucy. my friend's uncle has a bird with one eye. poor thing :( lucy will be in my thoughts.

mruffruff
02-21-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm so sorry Lucy had to have her eye removed. I doubt that the cataract was the only reason. While it can be expensive, the cataracts can be removed and sight restored in most cases.

My dog Bear had both eyes removed. Bear had cataracts for about two years. He had his eyes removed because he wasn't a good candidate for cataract removal and he developed other problems that caused him pain. (Glaucoma and ulcers on the eyeball.)

Dogs compensate very well by using their noses and other senses.

I hope Lucy does as well as Bear did after his surgery. Prayers and good wisshes are on the way to her.

Mary

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 04:09 PM
poor lucy!:(
Sweet little lucy, you are in my prayers. i hope you dont have a lot of pain!

Originally posted by primabella
poor lucy. my friend's uncle has a bird with one eye. poor thing :( lucy will be in my thoughts.

poor birdy too! :(

AmylovesMisty
02-22-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Oh, poor Lucy:( I'll will be keeping her in my prayers for sure. It's good to know that she is so very loved:) What type of dog is she?

A Mix..its looks like a jack russel terrier and something else to me!