PDA

View Full Version : here kitty, kitty.....

RICHARD
02-21-2003, 12:20 PM
from the los angeles daily news.....02/20/03

LA CRESCENTA -- The thing that went bump in the night Thursday in La Crescenta was a mountain lion that hurled itself against a glass patio door as stunned family members looked on.

The big cat, apparently aiming for Tom the family cat lying near the doorway, slammed spread-eagled against the glass door, bounced off and stood there before sauntering away.

"He walked away slowly up the yard -- kind of with an attitude," said homeowner Tim Parzyck. "If this glass hadn't held, my 8-year-old son was sitting right there, two feet away. It was almost surreal."

The big cat, which Parzyck estimated weighed 150 pounds, then wandered into a wash and wooded area behind the home. Sheriff's deputies and Fish and Game Department officers briefly cornered the cat, but it eluded capture.

Parzyck, who said the family had encountered deer, raccoons and other wildlife near their foothill home in the 2700 block of Starfall Drive, had never seen a mountain lion before.

"It's the first time we've encountered anything aggressive," he said.

When the mountain lion pounced, Parzyck's 8-year-old son Mikey was sitting at a nearby table, finishing his avocado salad and lasagna. In the living room across from the window sat Mikey's father and older brother.

"My brother Mikey just jumped out of the chair and stared and stood there," said 15-year-old Jeremy Parzyck, who also witnessed the animal's pounce about 7 p.m.

"I just stared at it, not believing it," Jeremy said. "He didn't even seem to notice us" as the animal focused on Tom the cat.

Tim Parzyck said he first froze when he saw the big cat, then "I ran to get my flashlight. I don't know what I was going to do -- probably shine it at his eyes or something."

Late Thursday, Parzyck was still holding out hope the cat would be captured. Sometimes, he said game officials told him, cats return to the scene of a hunt.

aly
02-21-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh my gosh, I have chills. Thank God the family (including Tom) is safe!!!

Barbara
02-21-2003, 01:05 PM
A) human view: What a horror
B) Oh poor kitty had to go home without dinner:eek:

Sorry: the wildest animal you see here is foxes and deer and you simply cannot imagine that this should not be a scene from a movie.

RICHARD
02-21-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
A) human view: What a horror
B) Oh poor kitty had to go home without dinner:eek:

Sorry: the wildest animal you see here is foxes and deer and you simply cannot imagine that this should not be a scene from a movie.

C) glass repairman still out of work!:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

C) glass repairman still out of work!:)

D)Tom: "What's all the fuss about?"
:)

ramanth
02-21-2003, 03:31 PM
E) Big Kitty finally realizes why birds hate clean windows. :D

Gracious! That'd scare the crap out of me for sure!

neko1
02-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ramanth

Gracious! That'd scare the crap out of me for sure!

Me too!!

Cataholic
02-21-2003, 05:20 PM
F) Momma?

jenluckenbach
02-21-2003, 06:50 PM
G) only in california will you read this:

Parzyck's 8-year-old son Mikey was sitting at a nearby table, finishing his avocado salad and lasagna

marysmerrycats
02-22-2003, 12:25 AM
H) Lion says, I hate that new glass magic! or
I) oh, hello! you are a much stronger kitty cat than you appear to be!
LOL I mentally picture like in the cartoons, like sylvester the cat slamming into a door and then sliding s l o w l y down to the ground!

really though, that had to also scare at least one life out of the poor house cat! I can only imagine...I would be terrified if that happend, I would want to grab the kitty and run! kids too of course:eek: there was a mountain lion in my yard at the old house, and that was scary, but if it had ran into the door, eek!:eek: I wonder if it will be back? I bet that gave it one heck of a headache!

shais_mom
02-22-2003, 12:47 AM
wow!! how scary!!

Barbara
02-22-2003, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
[B]
really though, that had to also scare at least one life out of the poor house cat!

A true Pet talkers reaction LOL.

NoahsMommy
02-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
G) only in california will you read this:

Parzyck's 8-year-old son Mikey was sitting at a nearby table, finishing his avocado salad and lasagna
Thank you!! I live here and even I rolled my eyes at this part!!!! :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
02-23-2003, 11:01 PM
That sure would scare me. I sure hope they catch him.

RICHARD
02-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Thank you!! I live here and even I rolled my eyes at this part!!!! :rolleyes:
avocado salad and lasagna dinner.

in writing a news story you must.

make the subject appeal to the reader.

fill column inches (write a story that fills the space)

get all the facts.

and let the people across the country know that
avocados are available in february in california...

;)