PDA

View Full Version : Club Fire in Rhode Island

Karen
02-21-2003, 11:26 AM
There was a terrible fire in a club West Warrick, Rhode Island last night, and many people died. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/21/deadly.nightclub.fire/index.html

I hope all those you love are safe, and were not there. The lesson everyone is repeating right now is that most people died trying to leave through the front exit, when there were three other exits available. So I want every one of you to remember that, and if you are going to a club or restaurant, find all the possible exits as you enter a room, and if there is only one exit that lots of people would have to use, go somewhere else!

That and do NOT use fireworks indoors!

AmylovesMisty
02-21-2003, 11:32 AM
How Sad!!The people should have looked for the nearest possible exit..not the most popular one!!

HoRsELUvR
02-21-2003, 12:48 PM
that's so sad!:(

aly
02-21-2003, 12:59 PM
I just saw that on the news :( They interviewed the lead singer of the band and he was upset because his sound guy was dead and he was still searching for his guitarist. It was awful to see. They showed some footage of how the fire started because someone had been filming the show.

RICHARD
02-21-2003, 01:11 PM
years ago Pink Floyd did a concert in L.A. and they almost set
the place on fire.....

the band opened the show and the curtains behind the stage caught on fire-people, again thinking that the flames were
part of the show, began to applaud and cheer... the lead singer stopped the show before things got out of hand.....
there were around 15,000 people in the house that night and even though there were plenty of exits in the sports arena i shudder to think what a stampede that would have been..

what a tragedy.

:(

gini
02-21-2003, 01:33 PM
I just read that over 75 are now dead. Senseless, senseless, senseless loss of lives.

How I pray for their souls - probably all young men and women.

mugsy
02-21-2003, 01:34 PM
It's so sad. I watched the coverage this morning as I was getting ready for school. How tragic. I heard on the radio on the way to school that the death toll was at 39.

Karen
02-21-2003, 01:43 PM
The death toll may be 85 now, they said on the radio.

Chinadoll
02-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Those poor people. How tragic. Prayers for all their families.

catland
02-21-2003, 01:52 PM
It's unreal. Especially following so close on the Chicago night-club tragedy.

:( :( :(

lovemyshiba
02-21-2003, 01:59 PM
Yes, I read this on the news this morning also. I am praying for their families, and for those who were hurt in this tragedy.
It's very sad.

Not trying to make light of it AT ALL, but the band playing was Great White--anybody remember them??

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 03:05 PM
i just saw it on the news.:( so sad.... they said 86 dead so far, 184 in the hospital, and boddies are still being found. its traggic.:(

ramanth
02-21-2003, 03:36 PM
How horribly sad and so soon after the accident in Chicago. :(

My dad said it suddenly dawned on him how many times he's gone into places like that and never took note of other existing exits other than the door he used to enter.

Makes you think.

Everyone be safe.

I pray for those lost.

iceyshiver21
02-21-2003, 03:52 PM
OK! one question whats up with the night club accidents thats the third i heard about this week!

ChrisH
02-21-2003, 04:09 PM
How awful.:( My thought and prayers are with the injured and the families and friends of the ones who died.

My son works in a rock club in Liverpool and just the very thought of something similar happening there just chills me to the bone.

lovemyshiba, yes I know of Great White.

Chris

LoudLou
02-21-2003, 04:26 PM
This is very sad. My heart goes out to these families.

Unfortunately, as my husband worked in many clubs in his early days, such as The Rat in Boston and The Stone in San Francisco, and had also worked with Great White 15 years ago...This is a VERY common and SCARY thing... there are A LOTof bands who do not ASK permission to do Pyro they just do it....Like Great White did a few weeks ago at The Stone Pony.
It really makes me as a member of the music industry EXTREMLY TICKED OFF!:mad: That a band of any kind would put their fans at such risk!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-21-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by LoudLou
This is very sad. My heart goes out to these families.

Unfortunately, as my husband worked in many clubs in his early days, such as The Rat in Boston and The Stone in San Francisco, and had also worked with Great White 15 years ago...This is a VERY common and SCARY thing... there are A LOTof bands who do not ASK permission to do Pyro they just do it....Like Great White did a few weeks ago at The Stone Pony.
It really makes me as a member of the music industry EXTREMLY TICKED OFF!:mad: That a band of any kind would put their fans at such risk!
This band (Great White) is the one who was playing at this club too. They say they got permission to do Pyro, the club manager says they didn't. Now 95 people are dead and 150 are in the hospital. So sad! All unnecessary!:(