PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*!!!

COCatMama
02-20-2003, 06:45 PM
I had dental pain yesterday...all day. I took advil for it, went to my dentist today, DOH! it was abcessing! he gave me a root canal and I am frozen right now *SOB*

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 06:50 PM
:( hope you feel better soon!:(

marysmerrycats
02-20-2003, 06:52 PM
Lalania
I don't envy you! ouch!! talk about pain! I hope you are feeling better and pain free real soon!

RICHARD
02-20-2003, 06:53 PM
hope you feel better.....i know that feeling!

my dentist told me to keep repeating this sentence until the
novacaine wore off......

the sixth shiek's sixth sheep's sick...

thufferin thuccotash!:rolleyes:

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 06:55 PM
i cant say that! :eek: lol :D

COCatMama
02-20-2003, 06:56 PM
thanks guys, I am still upset ..I was shaking bad in the chair LOLOL, I always do that :/

slleipnir
02-20-2003, 07:01 PM
-scared- This is stupid, but I have a huge fear of that. I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm putting off going to the dentist for as long as I can..I'm SO scared.
I hope you feel better, I can only imagen..:[

COCatMama
02-20-2003, 07:04 PM
awww poor thing
one word .... DRUGS
but *only* the legal kind, k?

harpmom
02-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I am fortunate to have never had the need for a root canal, but both my husband and my daughter (11 at the time!) have been through it. Both said that once the procedure was over they felt a lot better. Both had tremendous pain before and little to none afterward. Just take your pain meds and take it easy as long as you feel you need to. It will be better soon.

COCatMama
02-20-2003, 07:13 PM
I only have ibuprofen, but that worked on the tooth pre-root canal. It was just starting to abcess so I came in at a good time, the root canal is done, no need to go back :D.

neko1
02-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Oh yuck, root canals. I had one done, but fortunately I had no pain. When I had my two wisdom teeth out, now that was pain!!

COCatMama
02-20-2003, 07:28 PM
I was knocked out for the wisdom teeth but still a very unpleasant experience *shudder*

boscibo
02-20-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by neko1
Oh yuck, root canals. I had one done, but fortunately I had no pain. When I had my two wisdom teeth out, now that was pain!!

Wow! My experience was the exact opposite. I only had one wisdom tooth, but it abcessed and it was a sweet relief to get it yanked. My one and only root canal was an awful, horrible, excruciating experience I never want to go through again.

Lots of Advil was my way of dealing.

neko1
02-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Well the actual pulling of the wisdom teeth was nothing. It was the 2 weeks of pain afterwards that was horrible. He put me on codine and I got sick on that. I attempted to sleep on the recliner cause I couldn't lie down all the way. I just wanted someone to punch me out!! But I still love my dentist, he's the best!

Miss Meow
02-20-2003, 07:50 PM
I've had a couple of wisdom teeth out. Never again! One took more than two hours, 13 injections and I could still feel the nerve pain, the dentist ended up cutting the tooth down the middle and trying to remove it in two parts, I cried so much that I couldn't have gas as I couldn't breathe and it took ages to recover. Oh, and I stopped at the chemist on the way home for the painkillers and didn't realise I was white as a sheet and had a ring of dried blood around my mouth when I went into the store. They were too polite to tell me ...

Get well soon Lalania, hope the pain stops quickly.

iceyshiver21
02-20-2003, 09:36 PM
:( Oh poor Lalania :(

**When it comes to dental work, lets just say i leave imprints in the chair.

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
:(

**When it comes to dental work, lets just say i leave imprints in the chair.

lol:) :D

Karen
02-20-2003, 10:46 PM
My tooth hurt much more before the root canal than the root canal itself did. Ouch! I can still remember trying to eat just on one side of my mouth, and not drinking anything too hot or cold either BEFORE the root canal.

Afterwards, and even during, was a walk in the park in comparison!

I was at the dentist last week - just my regular cleaning/check-up, and my dentist and I were talking about such matters, and he said "dental pain" is unlike any other kind, and you cannot really predict from one person to the next what will hurt, and what won't. He's had people come in with cavities so bad that it made him wince to look at them, but one patient said, "No, my teeth didn't hurt, why do you ask?" Other patients might have a barely detectible cavity/problem, and will be in awful pain! It just varies person to person, says Dr. Savitt!

Hope your tooth hurts less and less by the minute, Lalaina! Go give your pooch a good tummy rub, it'll distract you, and make him happy at the same time! :)

Soledad
02-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Demand codeine!! That's what I did and I was sent into a dreamy underwater world for at least two days. Pure bliss.

popcornbird
02-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh poor you. :( Hope you feel better soon!

COCatMama
02-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I don't like codeine....makes me feel queasy
the dentist did not give me a prescrip for antibiotics, a friend said I should be on them. What do you guys think? I hate antibiotics, I'm glad not to have to take them.

lovemyshiba
02-21-2003, 10:10 AM
I Hope you are feeling better soon!!
I have never had a root canal, but I did have my wisdom teeth out--I was knocked out, but it still wasn't too fun. I recovered quickly though, so it wasn't too bad.
Glad to hear you caught it quickly and don't have to go back!!
This gives you and excuse to lay around all day and do nothing--enjoy it!!!