PDA

View Full Version : Thank You...

Soledad
02-20-2003, 06:01 PM
I would just like to thank all of you nice PetTalkers who either responded kindly on the Apologies thread or who took the time to send me supportive PMs.

Thankfully, the nasty PMs have stopped and even though there haven't been any apologies from the senders, I do believe they got the message that it's not appropriate and that I'm not the monster they thought I was.

Their sentiments were very much erased due to the sheer amount of kind and friendly responses I received which has really made me have a lot of respect for the people on this site.

Thank you all for being so kind and giving me another go.

marysmerrycats
02-20-2003, 06:59 PM
im glad things are better, and want to say thanks to you too, I was going to start a new thread but I will just post it here now.
I have always believed that everyone has the right to their own beliefs and no one should be mad at them because they don't agree with them. well I believe it but I guess I forgot how to practice it, by my posts on the other thread.

mugsy
02-20-2003, 07:10 PM
I'm glad all the nastiness stopped. While I didn't PM you with my support, I hope that you know that I think what happened is awful. I'm also glad that we've made our peace and have moved on from it. It's been nice to see you posting more about Sam and Boo too. We do like to get to know the members on here...it makes is more homey and personal. Not that I'm really into the touchy feely stuff! ;)

jackiesdaisy1935
02-20-2003, 09:53 PM
Soledad, I don't know what this is all about, guess I'm pretty much out of the loop, but do I sense a "Kinder and Gentler Soledad"?
Jackie

Soledad
02-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Ha! That Soledad was always there, believe it or not. But yes, I am making more of an effort to be more of myself and not let the more stubborn part of me take over.

aly
02-20-2003, 11:15 PM
I have no clue what went on but I'm glad it looks like everything got settled. :)

lovemyshiba
02-20-2003, 11:19 PM
I'm glad to hear that the nastiness stopped, and that you have decided to stick around!!!

02-21-2003, 02:56 AM
I am so glad with this , Soledad !! Again , I admire you for what you did!! PETTALK is the best place on earth , and you are part of it!!
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Spring3/Skitty.gif

lynnestankard
02-21-2003, 05:04 AM
I'm so pleased the nasty PM's have stopped Soledad - perhaps the disapproval from everyone made them think twice - I hope so.

Lynne

Pam
02-21-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by aly
I have no clue what went on but I'm glad it looks like everything got settled. :)

I don't know what went on here either but I am very happy that peace has been restored in Pet Talk Land. :)

Logan
02-21-2003, 09:27 AM
I haven't responded before, Soledad, but I have been reading. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that things are better and we're seeing a side of you that we missed before!! Your wedding photos are terrific, and I hope we will get to see more from the second wedding!!!

I am a newlywed too, but for the second time. Today is my two month anniversary and I couldn't be happier. I wish you all the happiness with Sam.

Had to say, Boo is gorgeous, too!!! :D It is nice to get to know more about you!!

Logan

mugsy
02-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Soledad...is Boo named for Boo Radley from "To Kill A Mockingbird?"

gini
02-21-2003, 01:40 PM
Soledad, I remember months ago saying to you that there were just wonderful people on Pet Talk. Everyone so caring, loving and concerned.

I am so sorry that you had to receive horrible p/m's, but maybe all of this had a reason for happening.

Out of this, we have gotten to know you better - or at least another side of you - seen your lovely wedding photos - get to hear about Boo and your upcoming "second" wedding.

So I send to you a "second welcome to Pet Talk", Soledad - and warm hugs to you as part of our big "family."

Chinadoll
02-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm glad the nastiness has stopped. Personally, I like all of our conflicting opinions. To me it's educational to learn someone else's feelings and reasoning on a particular topic. I like debating as long as it's not mean spirited...makes you think. :)

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 02:48 PM
i have no clue what is going on but im glad everything is all right again! people with pets should be *HAPPY*:D lol:D

Soledad
02-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Chinadoll - I will always love debating, and my views haven't changed. I think the mean-spiritedness will end though. So, don't worry there's plenty of opportunity for us to hash it out. ;)
You always raise points that I find really interesting and compelling.

Yes, Mugsy, Boo was named after Boo Radley. He had a habit of hiding under the stairs and frightening the neighbours. He was somewhat legendary for his creepiness until he grew out of his anti-social ways.

primabella
02-21-2003, 03:37 PM
soledad, i wasn't aware of any nasty PM's sent to you. i am sorry i didn't know of them. i'm glad they have stopped. :)

Miss Meow
02-21-2003, 06:02 PM
I'm glad you opted to speak out and hang around. You add to the diversity and interest of this forum :)