PDA

View Full Version : Family Trip!!!

Logan
02-20-2003, 02:56 PM
Our "new" family, all of us, are headed out tomorrow for a trip to Orlando!! We're going to Disney World!!! :) Roger is very jealous that we get to hear "Zippity Do Dah" in person. He would like to come along and sing it!

The children are so excited that they are beside themselves, and I am actually getting a little pumped up about it too, now that Murphy seems to be doing better with her recovery. Murphy will stay with our veterinarian and continue recuperating. Honey and Lilly are going to be boarded so they can't escape the backyard and scare the poor petsitter to death. And the cats and birds will stay at home with the petsitter caring for them. Our pets will be all over town!!! :D

We'll be back sometime on Wednesday night.

Hope all you snowbirds thaw out this weekend and next week. You should all have some mighty muddy pups when that does happen!!!

I'll tell Mickey Mouse hello for you all!!!

Logan :D :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I'll tell Mickey Mouse hello for you all!!!
:D

Dad ses say Hi to Goofey. too! :rolleyes:

Ebberbuddie have a lott Phunn!!

(An don't furget to come Back!)

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Have a great time, Logan! Take lots of pictures!!

Dakota's Mommy
02-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Yes, lots of pics! And thanks for saying hello to Mickey, but don't forget about the Winnie the Pooh crew, especially Tigger and Eeyore! Have fun and be careful!

Kfamr
02-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Eep.. i hope the weather is going to be nice for you. It's sooooooo hot right now...... But that may be a good thing to you. Have fun and go on space mountain for me!

Cincy'sMom
02-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Have fun!!! We go to Disney every year to perform, so I have favs at the parks, and of course favorite restaruants down there. If you ahve a chance to visit Downtown Disney, ( at is is sowrth going to see the biggest Disney store you could imagine! ) I recommend dinner at Fulton's Crab House, followed by ice cream at Ghiradelli's :)

neko1
02-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Have a great time, and soak up the sun!!!

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Have a great time! enjoy it.... no more snow for you! i went to orlando once.... but not disney world. sounds fun!

But what will you do without PT????????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol talk to u soon!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-20-2003, 05:32 PM
AWWW man... I wanna go too!!

Maybe ya'll can pick me up on the way to Florida?!?! ;)
Hope ya'll have lots of fun!! and take some pictures!:D

slleipnir
02-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Lucky you! Have fun :D

Originally posted by Kfamr
Have fun and go on space mountain for me!
lol, I loved that ride, but it scared my mom like crazy, she didn't stop screaming the whole time ;D

lizbud
02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
Logan,

Have a fun, safe trip to Disneyworld.:) Waiting in line for
Space Mountain sounds pretty good to me.:D Take lots of
pictures.

p.s. Are you sure Butter will behave himself for the sitter? No
mousie presents?:D

delidog
02-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Oh Great Logan
Have a wonderful time...sorry I didn't know earlier that you were coming...I would've met you guys somewhere...if you wanted....maybe brought The DeliDog,Too!!!!
Ya' Know...for a cuppa coffe and a doggie biscuit break....

Please try to get to SEA WORLD...AND GO TO PETS AHOY!!!!!!
A) You and the kids would LOVE it
B) They only use animals from shelters in the area...
C) Being as involved in rescue as you are....they make alot of great points...and know alot of rescue people down here...

You Wiould Love the Mascot!!!!

what I'm REALLY trying to say is
HAVE A GREAT TIME....

if you are ever in the area...let us know...

popcornbird
02-20-2003, 09:39 PM
KayAnn, did you say SPACE MOUNTAIN?!?!?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OMG! That ride FREAKED me out! :eek:

Have a great trip Logan!

lovemyshiba
02-20-2003, 11:17 PM
I hope you have a great trip (although I am a bit jealous, freezing here)--my stepmom and sister just got back from Florida last week (cheerleading competition), but the weather wasn't that great for them, but it was better than here!!

Have a great time!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

02-21-2003, 02:58 AM
Oh Logan , I envy you ! We were there years ago with our kids , and it was so much FUN !!!!!!
LIke someone else said , don't forget to take lots of pics , get back home , and post post post ;) :p ;)
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Haven/8366/kitty38.gif

lynnestankard
02-21-2003, 04:59 AM
Oh Logan - just how jealous am I?!! Have a wonderful time and if you see Eeyore PLEASE give him a BIG cuddle from me - he's my hero!!!
Enjoy you're first FAMILY trip - sounds nice doesn't it!

Lynne

Pam
02-21-2003, 06:22 AM
OOOOh Logan! I hope you haven't already left yet. I'm sorry I didn't see this in time to wish you and your family a WONDERFUL, RELAXING, FUN TRIP!!!! I know the furry ones (and feathered ones) will be fine, but I can't wait to hear if there are any 'stories' from the petsitter about Butter. hehe! (mousies anyone?) Enjoy yourselves!!!!! (I'm just a tad green with envy!)

Logan
02-21-2003, 09:24 AM
Thanks, everyone!!

KayAnn, don't you worry, Space Mountain is calling my name!! It has been since before Helen was born that I have gotten to ride on it. On Helen's last trip with her dad to Disney, she mastered the coasters, so she's ready to ride!! And now, with two adults, we'll have a "rider" and a "babysitter". I'm sure Scott's kids are not ready for the roller coasters. I'm also looking forward to the roller coaster at MGM. I really wish we had enough days to do Sea World too, as I know the kids would love it, but we have 4 day passes to Disney and that's all the days we have.

In 1982 (boy that sounds like a long time ago), Helen's dad and I had summer jobs at Disney. That was the summer before EPCOT opened. But we have always loved that place. I haven't been in over 5 years, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes.

Praying for sunshine..............

Logan :D

Pam
02-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Have a great trip! Love you guys!!!

Freckles
02-27-2003, 10:17 PM
Logan, I know you're back. HOw was the trip??:)

NoahsMommy
02-27-2003, 11:32 PM
How fun!! Did you have a nice time??? Everytime those commercials come on, I tell David that I want to go "where magic lives" :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Is there a thread with updates from your Disney trip, or did I miss that?

Logan
02-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I didn't ever come back and tell you we had a terrific time! :D And the biggest surprise is that we ALL rode every roller coaster in every park and Scott's kids were so proud!! We even rode the Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM and it is terrific, but quite scary, even for me!!! Now we know they'll ride anything, anywhere!!!! That sure made the trip more enjoyable for everyone since we could do everything together. The only one to sit out a ride was me and it was those silly tea cups in Fantasyland!!! :o

We had a great trip, but missed our pets so much! I could not wait to get home and write checks to bail them all out!!!! :) Everyone was happy and healthy, but the birds were a bit put out with us since they weren't allowed out to stretch while we were away. They had good stretches yesterday.

It's nice to get away, but always so nice to get back home! Our wallets are a bit lighter because everything is so expensive, but it was truly a great trip. Thanks for thinking about us!!

Logan

lovemyshiba
02-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Glad to hear you had such a good time!!

Dakota's Mommy
02-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Glad to hear that things went so well on your family trip and that you're glad to be back home!

gini
02-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Logan, what a fun time for you and your family! It is so good for everyone to do things together - lotsa memories piling up already that are happy!

Funny you should mention the teacups. The last time I was on those in Disneyland (Anaheim, CA) I got off and walked around like I had been wound up (in circles) and right then I decided that I was getting too old to do this stuff. I was wobbly for a few days........but of course, I had asked for it by helping to make the teacups go faster!!

Did you see Mickey? Get any pictures?

Albea
02-28-2003, 12:15 PM
http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/k/welcom10.gif Back Logan! It sounds like you all had a great time. I bet all your furry and feathered frinds as as happy to see you as you are to see them.

anna_66
02-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Well, I don't know how in the world I missed this thread! Sounds like you all had an absolutely wonderful time, but it's "magic" at disney land, so how could you not have a great time!
Oh, I bet all the animals were sooo happy to have you home, and to be home theirselves. Glad to hear you had a great time!