PDA

View Full Version : what should I do?

marysmerrycats
02-20-2003, 02:32 PM
since I have lived here, about 6 weeks, there is a dog in someones yard that whines alot, when I first moved in it was doing that then it seemed to stop, but now it has started again. sounds like a fairly big dog, it barks occasionally and it whines off and on all day long. I don't mind the noise at all, except of course it bothers me that the dog seems sad, lonely.
I hate to hear it whine like that. there is an apt. building next to my house, and I think I can see which apt the dog lives at. the people must not be home, and the poor thing is lonely. what should I do? the wall is too high for me to look over. should I call someone? I don't want to cause trouble, but I can't stand to hear the poor thing, and... (of course I have no way of knowing this, could be totally wrong)...what if the dog has no food or water durning the day? I wish I could see where he is at...

any suggestions? I wouldn't mind going over there and playing with, walking the dog, but what can I do, go and say hello, i noticed you neglect your dog...

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 02:45 PM
you can walk over and say.... im in a dogwalking buisness:D
i know its lying.... but you really could start one! lol

Or.......

you can say hi..... i was wondering if you ever would need a pet sitter for your dog?
then you could walk it and play with it, and make sure it does have food and water.

i think my second idea would work better:rolleyes: :p :o

the poor pup!:(

good luck!

Cinder & Smoke
02-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
... go and say hello,
I noticed you neglect your dog... :eek:

Prolly not quite the way to start a *happie* relationship with the neighbors... :rolleyes:

How about just taking a *stroll* through the building (when you know the dog IS whining) and pause at each door to *listen*... Might be able to pinpoint WHICH apartment s/he lives in.
Might have trouble with this idea IF the apartment building has a controlled access system where you need a key or must be *buzzed* into the foyer...

Next best bet is to actually *meet* one of the apartment dwellers - I'd bet that ANYone living in the building has a pretty good idea where the *Whiner* lives! :rolleyes:

Once you know who Owns the dog - you can try to meet them and strike up a conversation...

Play it by ear at that point ~
If they seem nice and friendly - you could casually mention you've heard the FurPup whine a time or two. And offer to PetSit or at least give him/her a walk when you're available.

Good Luck!

marysmerrycats
02-20-2003, 06:36 PM
thanks for the idea, I think I will try that,(walking over there and maybe meeting them or another neighbor there) will let you know what happens.

Jessica12345
02-22-2003, 07:54 AM
anything yet??? good luck!
keep us updated!:D

Aspen and Misty
02-22-2003, 02:35 PM
Good luck! Keep us updated!

Ash