PDA

View Full Version : The Big Day is Tomorrow!

Sevens
02-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Brian and I will be picking up our puppy tomorrow! I know I posted her picture previously from the website, but here it is again:
http://bc1111.com/lizzy.htm
We decided to re-name her.....her new name is Bailey.

We have done so much since last week. We have gotten all nagging extra chores done, thoroughly cleaned the apartment, and puppy proofed (i.e. putting all the detergents and cleaners and pills on the top shelf of the linen closet so she can't get to them, etc. etc.). We also got all the wedding stuff taken care of (I found a dress, invitations are sent out, justice of the peace is all lined up), so we are ready for her to come home with us.

I have to admit, I am a bit nervous actually. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly love this little dog. I just haven't had a dog in over a year and even before that it was always a "Family Dog", not "My Dog". I know this will be a lot of fun. I just hope she will finally feel like she's home. She's been through four homes and she's only 4 months old. I mean, there was the place she was born at, the good samaritan's house, the foster mom, the foster coordinator, and now us. And they do tend to candy-coat it a bit on the web page. When the good samaritan found her, she was dehydrated and she was skin and bones and her fur was falling out because of the malnutrition. The foster coordinator told me that if she hadn't been rescued when she was, she would have only lasted another week.

So, anyway, I am excited. We will be picking her up at 6:30pm tomorrow at the PetSmart where we first saw her. I can't wait. I am going to try to get off early from work, there's some last minute finishing touches I want to do to the apartment.

We'll be taking her to meet his parents and my parents this weekend (and my parents' dog, that should be fun). I promise I will take lots of pictures and post them here!:D :D :D :D

ParNone
02-20-2003, 11:04 AM
Good Luck Sevens! She's a cutie! Looking forward to tons of pics
of her as she grows.

Aspen and Misty
02-20-2003, 11:29 AM
O good luck! I do hope she is everything you want!

Ash

robinh
02-20-2003, 11:54 AM
I'm so happy for you. A new family member - it's so exciting!! Sounds terrible, but I wouldn't want to be you today and tomorrow - I don't do that well with all the anticipation, it's just nerve racking to me! I'll bet you wish you could go get her right now! She's a beauty!

Seriously we all can't wait to see lots (and lots) of pictures! :D :D :D :D

lovemyshiba
02-20-2003, 12:06 PM
How exciting!!!
I think she is just a little cutie!!!
I can't wait to hear about her in your house, and see lots of pics!!!
Good luck!!

--and you're getting married too--congrats!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-20-2003, 12:07 PM
Bailey is a doll!! I bet you are excited!!

Best of luck to you! be sure to post more pictures when Bailey comes home!

Dakota's Mommy
02-20-2003, 02:23 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy to hear that. I'm sure things will go great and I hope you all adjust to this change quickly and easily. I have no doubt that it will though because you all seem like you're trying to get as ready as possible for the change! I'm so excited for you though!

slleipnir
02-20-2003, 03:19 PM
What a sweety! Congrats! I love the name too, I was wanting to get a female when I got Zeke and name her Bailey, but I fell in love with him lol

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 03:39 PM
oooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! how cute! give her a big hug and a warm welcome from me!:D

lizbud
02-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Just wanted to say congrats to you & to Bailey. She is a
very sweet looking doggie. WOW, four homes in four mos.
Hopefully you all will be able to spend lots of happy intro
time with her in her new forever home.:D Best of luck to
all of you.:) :) :)

delidog
02-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah!!!Congratulations!!!!Lizzie is soo beautiful!!!!!
what a great new beginning for her!!!!

And as Dakotahs'Mommy said:

"Things Will Go Great----Dane that is!!!!!;)

enjoy her and love her!!!!

tatsxxx11
02-21-2003, 05:13 AM
Congratulations Sevens!! You must be so excited!!:) Bailey is beautiful!! And what a lucky pup to have found such a wonderful home! Can't for an update and pics!! Have fun today!:)

Sevens
02-21-2003, 07:38 AM
Talked to the foster coordinator. Everything is going great! She said she's gonna give me her collar and her toys too to get us started. Bailey loves squeaky toys! The foster coordinator held the phone up to Bailey so I could hear her squeaking her toy...it was sooooo cute!!!!

It was really funny this morning. My boss knows how excited I am, so she had already said I could leave early. Then this morning, she came up to me with a take-out box and told me to open it. On the top it said "To Bailey, Her 1st Doggie Present, Love Nana and Pop-Pop".....it was a prime rib bone! Apparently from when they went out to dinner last night. I don't know if I should actually give it to Bailey since she is so young, but it's the thought that counts and I am definitely gonna take a picture of the box.....LOL :D :D :D :D

robinh
02-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Today will be a great day for you! I am so excited for you and for Bailey. Can't wait to see more pictures!

That was really nice of your boss to say you could go home early and to give your new baby a treat. Such a nice gesture! :D

anna_66
02-21-2003, 08:57 AM
Good Luck & let us know how things are going:)

Logan
02-21-2003, 09:07 AM
I LOVE your boss!! What a thoughtful thing to do for Bailey's homecoming!!! Good luck today!!! I know it will be wonderful, even if you have some adjustments to make. Good luck, Sevens, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!!! :)

aly
02-21-2003, 10:43 AM
How exciting! I love her new name :) Don't be nervous about having a dog of your own. You sound like a wonderful mommy already and your baby isn't even home yet!!!

I can't wait for the pics :)

ramanth
02-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Congratulations! Bailey is adorable! Can't wait to see more pictures of her. :)

And your boss sounds very cool!

What a nice gesture to let you leave early AND get Bailey a gift. :D

Sevens
02-21-2003, 12:36 PM
**SIGH**:(

I still have two and a half hours till I can leave.....I SOOOOOOOO cannot focus right now.

Hmm, maybe I shoulda called in sick today....nahhh, I still have so much work to tidy up before we take the honeymoon. But then again, it's not like I am getting much work done right now. :D

I swear, I do not do well waiting for things to happen :rolleyes:

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 02:41 PM
lol its all about patience!

not that im saying i would have been able to wait.:rolleyes: :D :D :)

keep us updated... with news AND PHOTOS!:D

robinh
02-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Well???? Is she there yet?

I'm definitely with you Sevens - I also do not do well waiting for things to happen! I'm just dying to hear more and see pictures!

tatsxxx11
02-21-2003, 02:50 PM
We're waaaaaaaaaiting!!:)

delidog
02-21-2003, 09:21 PM
Any News????Is she There yet???????????

Any Pics Yet???????

AHHHH Puppy Breath!!!!!!

WE're Not good at waiting either!!!!!!!!!!!!:p ;) :) :D

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 09:24 PM
is she there? PPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE UPDATE US! I CANT WAIT NO MORE!:(

delidog
02-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Any Word on Dear Bailey Yet????;) :) :D

primabella
02-23-2003, 08:14 AM
congratulations! :0 i remember her now. she is adorable :D please post tons of pics and good luck! ;)

Jessica12345
02-23-2003, 12:22 PM
cute sig primabella:D