PDA

View Full Version : "Bragging" about our pets?

fairlady68
02-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Hi, I noticed when the current poll, "Do you brag about your pet?" first came up, I voted Yes and saw a very large percentage had also voted Yes. Now, after several days, the proportion has changed and quite a few seem to have voted No on this question! I was surprised.

I guess I should clarify that when I say that I "brag" about my adorable Julie cat, it just means that I talk about her a lot ... because I love her so much. Maybe some of the more recent voters think "brag" means to say that your pet is better than anyone else's, or something like that.

What do the rest of you think??

By the way, you can see my Julie at the following link:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=197097

Pray (and Purr) for Peace,
MARTHA & Julie

Chase's Mom
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
I'm with you bragging only means telling all of the wonderful
things your pet can do....not that they are better or anything like that. :) I'm new to this so forgive any errors I might make in this post.

02-20-2003, 02:16 AM
To me , "bragging" means "talk about it all the time" !!
And , I am surely doing this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !
Even my web-site is stuffed with bragging :D

Brie
02-20-2003, 02:54 AM
So what caught me off gaurd about this poll was...

This is a website for people TO TALK ABOUT THEIR PETS... in other words brag...

come on, pet of the day, dog of the day, cat of the day!!!!

why is anybody answering no??

Barbara
02-20-2003, 03:34 AM
I didn't answer the poll because it did not give the option "all the time":D
I felt simply "yes" wasn't strong enough.

And although I love every cat in the world and most of the dogs, bunnies, rats and ferrets (and ice bears and Siberian tigers BTW), I am convinced deep in my heart that Filou and Tigris are the best of them all -because they love me too.

Is this different for any of us? I don't thhink so.:p

anna_66
02-20-2003, 07:38 AM
I consider "bragging" to mean talking about ALL the time, which I do quite often here, but again...that's why were here, right?!

Edwina's Secretary
02-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Perhaps some people thinking of bragging as hyperbole and when I say that Edwina is the cutest, most fabulous cat in the whole world I am merely stating fact. ;) :D

lovemyshiba
02-20-2003, 09:50 AM
I talk about my dogs all the time!! It is actually a great conversation starter (I just started a new job, had to meet lots of new people).
Brag--I don't know--but I sure do talk about them a lot. And I think just being on this website all the time is my answer!!!!

neko1
02-21-2003, 05:27 AM
I talk about my cats all the time and since there are 4 of them, I can go on forever!!

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Chase's Mom
I'm with you bragging only means telling all of the wonderful
things your pet can do....not that they are better or anything like that. :) I'm new to this so forgive any errors I might make in this post.

I completely agree:) you took the words out of my mouth!
i also voted yes on that poll

and welcome to pet talk!

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Ha!! I brag on my babies all the time! I finally had to break down and find a picture of Eric to put on my desk cause it is covered of pics of Tinky and Jupiter. I miss my kitties now.... (i'm at work). I can't wait to get home and kiss em! And the best thing about being at work when everyone here thinks I am crazy for lovin my cats sooo much .... I show them and log onto Pet Talk and tell you guys all about them!

Cincy'sMom
02-22-2003, 06:02 PM
I am always talking about my dogs...if not here, then at work, with my mom, my sister, or anyone else who listen listen. everyday at work I have to give an update on all the cute things my dogs did the night before, how thier classes went, etc. etc. etc. Thankfully everyone I work with has or at one did time have a pet so I don't think I bore them too much. :)