PDA

View Full Version : road trip.....

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 03:52 PM
you get a chance to go on a road trip anywhere on the planet...

where do you go first...
what do you rent when you get there?
what tourist site is first on the list?
and how long do you visit?

(remember visitors are like fish, after three days they start to
smell.......:eek: )

Logan
02-19-2003, 04:21 PM
where do you go first... to Disney World, of course!!! We're leaving on Friday, in fact!!! It is the most natural place for families to go, therefore it is where we are headed!!!

what do you rent when you get there? We rent nothing...we have paid through the nose just to get in the gate!!!

what tourist site is first on the list? Magic Kingdom, as Helen and I think it is the most special.

and how long do you visit? 4 days in Disney....wish it were more!!!

this is an "actual" response, Richard, since we are truly headed to our dream destination this week. But is you asked me about an "adults only " trip it would be quite different!!! :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Logan
where do you go first... to Disney World, of course!!! We're leaving on Friday, in fact!!! It is the most natural place for families to go, therefore it is where we are headed!!!

what do you rent when you get there? We rent nothing...we have paid through the nose just to get in the gate!!!

what tourist site is first on the list? Magic Kingdom, as Helen and I think it is the most special.

and how long do you visit? 4 days in Disney....wish it were more!!!

this is an "actual" response, Richard, since we are truly headed to our dream destination this week. But is you asked me about an "adults only " trip it would be quite different!!! :rolleyes:

you can go anywhere you want!!!!!

have fun and don't forget your sunscreen......and the blinders for the kids;)

i live about 40 minutes from disneyland and have not been in YEARS..........universal studios is about 8 minutes away and i have NEVER been there.....

p.s. "adults only" sounds scary - sounds like a fertile ground for some debauchary:D ......

Aspen and Misty
02-19-2003, 05:15 PM
Where-Africa
What would you rent-A Tour Guide
First Tourist Site- Seeing a Lion Pride and the villages, I love learning about how they live
how long do you say- I would like to stay a year, really get to live how they live, and to study the lions, spend 6 months out studieng them and then 6 months in the villiage. Every since my first incounter with I lion they have become one of my fav animals, I just love Simbad, he was so sweet and gentle and always said Hello when you walked by his cage while working :D

Ash

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
I just love Simbad, he was so sweet and gentle and always said Hello when you walked by his cage while working :D

Ash

and what kind of an office was this??!?!?!?!?!;)

mugsy
02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
where do you go first... Ireland
what do you rent when you get there? rent?? hmmm...a B&B room I guess
what tourist site is first on the list? St. Patrick's burial
and how long do you visit? a month I guess

Knowing full well that won't happen because I couldn't be gone from my furkids that long.

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 06:04 PM
alaska
a cabin on the lake
mt mckinley
a month- just long enough to hate fishing
;)

Miss Meow
02-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Europe
Rent a Lotus Elise
We are going to follow the Tour de France - allez le tour!
It'll take about three months to find the best pain au chocolat in Italy, France, Spain, Belgium and Holland :)

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Rent a Lotus Elise
We are going to follow the Tour de France - allez le tour!

ahem, the windows are done...can i go?

i'll ride in the back......http://www.warp.u-net.com/dongtdc.jpg

but i ain't wearing no helmet..............:eek:

mugsy
02-19-2003, 07:00 PM
ahem...MAY I go! lol hehehee I'm so bad!

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

Knowing full well that won't happen because I couldn't be gone from my furkids that long.

just put a few 50 lb bags of food out and leave the hose running.:rolleyes:

mugsy
02-19-2003, 07:11 PM
You're NOT NICE!! lol

RICHARD
02-19-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
You're NOT NICE!! lol

hey it was good enough for us when my parents went on vacation.....:eek:

mugsy
02-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I would miss them too much anyway!! hehe

slleipnir
02-19-2003, 07:22 PM
I soo have to go to England and Australia..Theres a friend I wanna see in England, and I've wanted to go to Australia for a long time, looks so nice there:]

Miss Meow
02-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

ahem, the windows are done...can i go?

i'll ride in the back......http://www.warp.u-net.com/dongtdc.jpg

but i ain't wearing no helmet..............:eek:

Oh, you'll need one with my driving! And pack your brown underwear too :)

I'd also like to go to Antarctica but there aren't any roads to do a trip there :rolleyes:

RICHARD
02-20-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

Oh, you'll need one with my driving! And pack your brown underwear too :)

I'd also like to go to Antarctica but there aren't any roads to do a trip there :rolleyes:

all my underwear is brown!!!!!.......i'm a guy, REMEMBER?

and since Mugsy can't leave her dogs alone, you want to go to the antarctic..................sled dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

wolflady
02-20-2003, 04:46 PM

hey it was good enough for us when my parents went on vacation.....:eek:

ROTFL Richard, I always get a good chuckle from some of your very funny statements! :D

Interesting question!
For me it would be either:

where do you go... Ireland

what do you rent when you get there? rent?? hmmm...a B&B room I guess, one of those that are in the castles though!! :D

what tourist site is first on the list? Waterford!!

and how long do you visit? at least a month, so I can get all of county Galway (family heritage), waterford, cladaugh, the blarney stone and of course...as many castles as I could see all in one trip! Oh! and I absolutely have to go to U2's pub in Dublin!!! :o

or

where do you go... India

what do you rent when you get there? rent?? a rickshaw :eek: :D

what tourist site is first on the list? If I'm in the north, it would be Taj Mahal or the Bahai (Lotus) Temple!!

and how long do you visit? at least a month, so I can get all of my shopping done! :D :o

RICHARD
02-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

the blarney stone

can you pick something a little bit safer to do????

if something happens to you guess who gets the blame for sending
you on your trip????

;)

mugsy
02-20-2003, 07:19 PM
I suppose I could BRING my dogs to Antarctica and have a couple of dog sleds...

Richard....you really are a sick and twisted person you know it??? lol But you know, I only say that in the nicest way!;) :p

But, you are right, a lot of guys DO have brown underwear! hehhehe

wolflady
02-20-2003, 08:07 PM

can you pick something a little bit safer to do????

if something happens to you guess who gets the blame for sending
you on your trip????

;)

:o

LOL LOL

Ya know...now that I think about it...can you imagine how many nasty lips and people's mouths have been on that thing???!!! :eek: :eek:

Soledad
02-20-2003, 08:07 PM
where do you go first... South America
what do you rent when you get there? An SUV
what tourist site is first on the list? Machu Pichu
and how long do you visit? Three months

mugsy
02-20-2003, 08:18 PM
That's a mighty big hike Soledad!!

Soledad
02-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Yes it is! I'd love to really travel through SA and get to know it better. It's so amazing!

mugsy
02-20-2003, 08:27 PM
I think it would be interesting too. I remember in high school we had an exchange student from Lima and he always wanted my dad and I to come down and visit him, but, alas, we never did. I also had a friend who played soccer who was from Brazil and he speaks 9 languages fluently. He is quite a guy. I don't know a lot about the continent either, except what I've taught to the 6th graders in geography and the 7th graders in World History.

Soledad
02-20-2003, 08:29 PM
I'd love to learn more about it. There are so many cultures within that chunk of land. I'm especially interested in the indigenous cultures.

mugsy
02-20-2003, 08:34 PM
I think the Incas were a really interesting people. I'm interested in the Aztecs too, but not quite as much (I know, they were in Mexico, but....you know....lol)

I think Pizzaro was pretty much of a jerk, but, what do I know.;)

Soledad
02-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Pizzaro was an illiterate criminal, like many conquistadors, and a total pig!!

mugsy
02-20-2003, 08:37 PM
not to mention a lying murderer

Soledad
02-20-2003, 08:40 PM
...oh yeah, that too. ;)

I think there are other things that need not be mentioned in front of the kiddies.

mugsy
02-20-2003, 08:41 PM
AGREED!!:)

delidog
02-20-2003, 09:11 PM
For Wolflady and Mugsy,

something that is SOOOOOO cool in Ireland, You can rent Gypsy Caravans....(I use that term as I don't remember their real Name)
you camp in them,they are horse drawn...you tie the horse up at night(they are used to it) hitch them up in the a.m....and travel the countryside....sort of like a Dr.Hook show,if you get my drift.....
all kidding aside...it is a great way to see the countryside...and feel how life was not too terribly long ago there....

Waterford is Great!!!!
You have to go when Fred Curtis is there...he is their Master Artisan.....he designs all their animal pieces also...
The Lab Puppy sitting...the mare and foal,The Eagle...The Waterford Globe..(has all the native animals of each continent etched onto the specific continent of their habitat)...one of their best pieces...I think it retails at about 13,500.00.....
Yes, the Waterford factory is a must do in Ireland!!!

wolflady
02-21-2003, 11:30 AM
OMG delidog, that sounds fabulous!! Those Gypsy Caravans sound like they would make for a really neat adventure!! I really do hope to make a trip there someday. My mom is interested in going too, so I may have to bug you about planning a trip when the time comes! ;)

You're right, I'm all about seeing Waterford! OMG! I just love all of their crystal work. I would love to see the animal pieces!!

Do you have pics from your trip to Irland?? :D

Tanya&Fritz
02-21-2003, 11:56 AM
where do you go first... Jamaica
what do you rent when you get there? A big plastic glass with an umbrella in it!!!
what tourist site is first on the list? The beach!
and how long do you visit? 3 months

Barbara
02-21-2003, 12:10 PM
Place:Silk Road-Mongolia
I rent some Mongolian horses
I visit the buried city Kara-Khoto near the Edsin Gol
I stay a year

02-21-2003, 12:41 PM
where do you go first...
what do you rent when you get there?
what tourist site is first on the list?
and how long do you visit?

1)Australia !! We were there before and I wanna go back !!

2)a chalet , where we can do our own cooking and do everything when we like to !

3)The Barrier Rief

4) as long as our wallet can afford it , he he !!

delidog
02-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Wolflady....
Yes, Ireland is One of the most beautiful countries....the Lushness of it you just don't see here.....

I'll try and get more info...on those caravans...I know that I've got pics somewhere...they are from a while ago.....like A While Ago!!!!!

you can also do foxhunting tours in ireland......thats' a blast...Ireland with a true hunt....(guys,its' a drag hunt!!!)
That is a blast!!!!!
The Hounds baying,The hooves galloping!!!!!
ahhhhh!!!!!!
such adrenelin.....

You can go to Waterfords' website to view Freds' pieces...
just go to Waterford.com....then follow the links....the animals are fabulous...even the pig is wonderful!!!!!!

the alligator is one of my favorite pieces...(fred again),and also the Titanic......or clint eastwoods' 357 magnum is also beautiful....the miss america ceptor....all these are incredible to see..;) :)
if you appreciate waterford...you will love their site!!!!