PDA

View Full Version : Loosing your Soul dog

Aspen and Misty
02-18-2003, 03:00 PM
You know how you have a soul mate? Well I beleave you have a soul dog. A dog who belongs with you, who was like perfect for you, just what you wanted. How do you ever get over loosing them? Expesially when you know they are in a horrible situation? I can never forget my baby Gril Tiffy. I think about her everyday. I cry everytime I think about all the fun times we had together. I miss her so much. She was my sisters fiancees dog and I had her for 3 months while he was injured and couldn't care for her. She was the love of my life. Unfortunitly he got better and took her back and my sister broke up with him. We took our cat smokey from him cause he abused her and I'm afried he will do the same to Tiffy. I don't know, I can't stop thinking about her and latly with everything thats been going on I just miss her. How do you ever get over loosing them?

Ash

Rachel
02-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Ash, could you try writing to him and telling him that if he ever feels he doesn't want to be *tied down with a dog* any more, you would be willing to take Tiffy as you felt you got along very well with her for those 3 months she was at your house? Who knows, it may plant a seed in his mind and some day he could take you up on the offer. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.

As for falling in love with someone else's dog, it happened to me too a long time ago. Fortunately she lived only two doors away from me, so I got to see her often and she would stay with me when her folks went away for vacation. I was confident that she was well cared for, so that wasn't an issue as it is in your case. Eventually (three years later) she had puppies and I got one who turned out to be my soul dog .

primabella
02-18-2003, 03:31 PM
i don't even want to think about loosing mickey but i am certain he was the dog for me. after 12 years of begging and by chance that we also came across a sheltie litter too late means something to me. after so much, i got my dog. :D i love you mickey...;)

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 06:14 PM
omg im crying right now. My "soul dog" Jordan is already 12 and gets VERY sick each year. we almost had to put him down this time............. :(

lovemyshiba
02-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Kito is my soul dog--I don't know what I would do without him. It's funny, because my husband was really the one who wanted a Shiba, I thought it would be too hard to find one!! Luckily, last summer we happened to go to a dog show, where we happened to meet people who had 2 8-month old Shibas to give away (Kito and his sister), and they happened to be coming to another dog show the following weekend at Lehigh University. It all fell into place perfectly, and now I have my spoiled little boy. Don't get me wrong, I love Abbey to death too, but I really feel like Kito is a "mama's boy"

Aspen and Misty
02-19-2003, 09:08 AM
I know what you mean. I mean I love Chewy and wouldn't trade him for the world but me and Tiffy just fit. I feel I can never fill the Hole she has left in my heart.

I would love to write Mike and tell him that I will take Tiffany if he feels he doesn't want her but I'm afreid my sister would get mad. And my dad doesn't want another dog. I am going to bring it up tonight that I would like to talk to Mike about Tiffany, if that be by Mail or on the phone I would like to ask him about her and atleast know she is ok. I don't know what he will say, no one in my familys knows how much I loved her. I want him to also know that I am going to make an offer to Mike that if he ever needs me to watch her or if he doesn't want her I will be more then happy to take her.

I have no pictures of her to share with you though :( but she was the most Beautiful dog I have ever seen. She was a Dachshund with Doberman markings. She was so
Beautiful. I could let her off leash and run through the fields and she wouldn't even dream about leaving my side, she always sat when I wanted her to and she was hard to work with but omg was she smart. She was what I would say "The Perfect Dog". I mean she had some bad thigns about her, but she was everythign I wanted in a dog. ::sigh::

Thank you for repying and listign to my none sense, I know this is stupid

Ash

Aspen and Misty
02-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I am surprised my dad seems up to my idea about talking to Mike. I just want to see how she is and see if there is anythign I can do for her. I don't know, I have a gut feeling now is the time to do it and I'm following my gut. Mike works at the mall and we are going to go shopping tomrrow and we are going to talk to him.

Ash :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-20-2003, 09:01 AM
I think the idea of contacting her owner is a great one. You can check on her and see if she is doing well. Hopefully she is and he is taking good care of her.

I know exactly what you mean about a soul dog. I think Drake is Andrew's soul dog. And he is very special to me. The thought of losing him, makes my heart stop!