PDA

View Full Version : my dog is boring...

tikeyas_mom
02-18-2003, 11:05 AM
she never wants to play she just always wants belly rubs and whines.. :( I love her alot and I think she is the greatest but she never wants to interact with me.. ?? why ? Thanks :confused:

Aspen and Misty
02-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Maybe her kind of play isn't the same as yours. Is she older? Maybe she likes to go for walks rather then chase a tennis ball?? You need to find out what she likes to do for fun.

Ash

tikeyas_mom
02-18-2003, 03:23 PM
She is 4 years old.. I remeber when she was a puppie we would do lotsa fun things like play with sheets and rip them ect.. lol :D but now she is lazy .. She likes walks but Its it often cold here so I am always sick .. I try to take her for walks often but it isnt as fuffiling for me as it is for her .. Oh well :(

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 07:26 PM
try teaching her tricks!;)

primabella
02-18-2003, 08:21 PM
mickey is very playful but he has his moments when he is too tired to play but too awake to sleep. i hate those times!! i have no clue on what to do. tricks is a great way to get her more into things. it'll bring you guys closer and its always fun to see how fast she learns :p

tikeyas_mom
02-18-2003, 09:34 PM
I have tough my dog every trick in the book .. she knows it all.. :)

Jessica12345
02-18-2003, 09:42 PM
not EVERY trick im sure! keep trying! and if she knows THAT many she cant be that boring. even if u dont teach her any more.... keep going over them! here are some suggestions for tricks:

of course the basics... like sit, stay, down, paw, but then others like:

spin
dance
speak
roll over
to get u a tissue when u sneeze
keeping a treat on the noes, then flipping it over
play dead
cover your eyes
tell her to throw something away
take a bow

and then stuff like agility or flyball!

good luck!:D

tikeyas_mom
02-18-2003, 10:47 PM
ok here is the list of all the tricks she knows.... <play dead. <roll over.<sit.< stay.< come.< shake both paws on command.. or one at a time,< Se can speak.< she give a kisse on command.< She can lay down.< she can Catch a treat in mid air.<she can wink on command.< she can give huggs.< she can't fetch .. she hates fetching... She knows every thing though except for fetching .. :D and she has never step 1 foot in obedience trianing school :) I trained her all my self :D

Jessica12345
02-19-2003, 05:41 PM
well you Can keep teaching her:D ......................

but i think agility might be good. it gives everyone exersise and keeps her healthy! she would probibly have fun! i built an agility course myself (other stuff is to expensive:eek: ) out of sticks and would. I put long would polls in the ground for weaving and i build a jump. Although primabella used a laudrey basket, witch would also work well, along with some other stuff.

also... i think just cuddling up with your doggies is fun! jordan is now 12, and wants to do nothing but cuddle and get belly rubs. how old is your dog? its still fun to cuddle!:D but then again i have a puppy do do the other stuff with.

:D Good luck!:D

~ Jess ~

Jessica12345
02-19-2003, 06:22 PM
can you see my sig:( ?

primabella
02-19-2003, 06:23 PM
[i] :D and she has never step 1 foot in obedience trianing school :) I trained her all my self :D [/B]

well thank you for being so modest :rolleyes: just kidding

have you tried frisbee or other agility? i'm working on that and its a lot of work but tons of fun. give it a shot :) (and yes, i did use a laundry basket ;) hehe) there are tons of other tricks. she has not done them all. there was a website where they taught all kidns of advanced tricks like playing hide and seek and stuff liekt hat. well, more complicating. if i find it, i'll let you know...good luck :)

tikeyas_mom
02-19-2003, 07:28 PM
she doesnyt fetch I already said .. She isnt even interested in me throwing it at all..

anna_66
02-20-2003, 07:05 AM
Have you ever thought of taking her to obedience or like primabella said, agility?
I took Roxey to obedience school & she just loved it, it was her favorite thing in the whole world to do. She would know when Tuesday came, we were going to school! We went many times, even though she didn't need to go again, we just went because she liked it so much. We also went to an agility class. We had alot of fun.

tikeyas_mom
02-20-2003, 09:58 AM
I have been trying to get Tikeya into classes for ever .. But noone returns my calls :(

Jessica12345
02-20-2003, 06:23 PM
CUDDLE! maybe she just doesnt want to play. how old is she? maybe she is slowing down.

YOU HAVE TO LOVE TO CUDDLE!:D

but you should also bring her on walks to keep her healthy and happy.

did u ever try agility?

tikeyas_mom
02-20-2003, 07:13 PM
nope I have never tryed agility befor.. I have nothing to make an agility corse..

My dog is 4 years youngue ,,.... She is a cuddles bug when she wanys to be but ya she doent like to cuddles for too long..

Jessica12345
02-21-2003, 03:53 PM
improvise! you dont have a laudrey basket? shoeboxes? sticks in your backyard? a trash can? cardboard box? a log? c' mon! use your imagination!

Aspen and Misty
02-23-2003, 02:46 AM
I use a chair and a broom

Ash :D

wolf_Q
02-23-2003, 03:03 AM
Nebo is a sibe, but I swear he must be part lab..lol ;) He LOVES to fetch. He's always bringing me (and everyone else for that matter) toys to throw for him.

I'd try buying the "Dog Tricks for Dummies" book. It's easy to learn, fun, and there's TONS of tricks to teach.....I have it, it's very amusing. :D

lovemyshiba
02-23-2003, 03:53 PM
I know everyone already suggested it, but try agility. I want to get at least one of my dogs into it in the spring--I can't wait!! Any kind of classes or interactions you have with your dog will bring the two of you closer (if possible!!!)--check out some stuff!!!

02-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
ok here is the list of all the tricks she knows.... <play dead. <roll over.<sit.< stay.< come.< shake both paws on command.. or one at a time,< Se can speak.< she give a kisse on command.< She can lay down.< she can Catch a treat in mid air.<she can wink on command.< she can give huggs.< she can't fetch .. she hates fetching... She knows every thing though except for fetching .. :D and she has never step 1 foot in obedience trianing school :) I trained her all my self :D

if your doggie can do all that , i wouldn't say she is "boring" !! Looks like a healthy playful doggie to me , he he!

tikeyas_mom
02-26-2003, 01:35 PM
thanks. She is my baby, but I wish she was more playful.. All she does is sleep all day or whatever.. She plays with our other dog.. She loves walks but She tires me out.. HEEYYYY!! i'v got it!! I can train her to walk beside me.. She always wals in front of my and pulls.. walking beside me itll be more forfulling for the both of us..